PDA

View Full Version : First Things I wanna do to my truck

scott015
10-30-2003, 06:30 PM
well like i said, i bought a 2000 Lightning other day, bad news is I wont get for 1 week.... but o well... anyway, im planning on some things I would like to do to her...

here is a list of what the seller had already done

PSP 4lb lower pully
PSP chip
johnny lightning dual ram air
90 mass air
rancho bars
autometer guages trans, boost, air/fuel
clear side markers
billet grills
dual flowmaster 40 series cat back with 3 1/2in stainless tips

I was thinking I would like to do some of these things... anyone recommend a certain brand or place to buy??

Hood (i like the look of this one, but non functional)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33646&item=2439100100
Lower it (dont really know much about this at all, please help on ths one)
Bed Cover
stereo system

any other ideas?

cpeapea
10-30-2003, 07:08 PM
scrap the flows...get a bassani catback

flowmaster are known for sucking on lightnings

03LightningRocks
10-30-2003, 07:18 PM

flowmaster is known to suck on all trucks. The cheby boys love em though...yeeehaw..(cowboy crowd), it's because the chebies already have chit for torque. They don't even notice the low end loss because the low end already doesn't exist for them.

Magnaflow is a good choice also. Better flow dynamics than the bassani, and less cha ching.

Terry(L8apex) is the hook up on exhaust as far as I am concerned.

Rocks:tu:

Silver_2000
10-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Terry(L8apex) is the hook up on exhaust as far as I am concerned.

Rocks:tu:
scott015
get all your stuff from Terry at performance research and Ill throw in 2003 and 2004 TALON membership....

He has done GREAT things for lots of lightning owners.

Doug

PoorSvtman
10-30-2003, 08:31 PM

Yes get bassani.

scott015-

Since your in arlington and not far from me and if you wanna hear what the bassani exhaust sounds like, pm me.

my2002lightning
10-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Scott,

I went with Terry's Big-Mouth/MagnaFlow exhaust on my L. The thing's LOUD and throaty now.

Be sure and make the next TALON meet and I'll show you what she sounds like.

Ronald

TP Derrick D
10-30-2003, 11:02 PM
well like i said, i bought a 2000 Lightning other day, bad news is I wont get for 1 week.... but o well... anyway, im planning on some things I would like to do to her...

here is a list of what the seller had already done

PSP 4lb lower pully
PSP chip
johnny lightning dual ram air
90 mass air
rancho bars
autometer guages trans, boost, air/fuel
clear side markers
billet grills
dual flowmaster 40 series cat back with 3 1/2in stainless tips

I was thinking I would like to do some of these things... anyone recommend a certain brand or place to buy??

Hood (i like the look of this one, but non functional)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33646&item=2439100100
Lower it (dont really know much about this at all, please help on ths one)
Bed Cover
stereo system

any other ideas?I agree go with Terry's exhaust the attention paid to the smallest detail is excellent!,also for a bed cover go with snugtop it has a low profile and it fits all the way down over the bed rail.For the hood I choose a Cervinis ram air but those on that link were :tu: By the way my name is Derrick and I live in Mansfield right on the Arlington border off Turner-Warnell & Cooper near Summit H.S.. I own a'00 QuickSilver that I've had for right at 3 years and its got 45,000 on it not driving it everyday,so 65,000 is not bad just put on in a short time period.Nor do I think the price was bad. I'm out $40 G's when I'm all done. :mad: Didn't mean to take up your time & thread but was responding tro your "newbie" one.

jcblack
10-31-2003, 12:16 AM
I agree go with Terry's exhaust the attention paid to the smallest detail is excellent!,also for a bed cover go with snugtop it has a low profile and it fits all the way down over the bed rail.For the hood I choose a Cervinis ram air but those on that link were :tu: By the way my name is Derrick and I live in Mansfield right on the Arlington border off Turner-Warnell & Cooper near Summit H.S.. I own a'00 QuickSilver that I've had for right at 3 years and its got 45,000 on it not driving it everyday,so 65,000 is not bad just put on in a short time period.Nor do I think the price was bad. I'm out $40 G's when I'm all done. :mad: Didn't mean to take up your time & thread but was responding tro your "newbie" one.
Derrick, if you live so close to us, then why dont you ever come chill with us. Your right in the middle of about 6 L's.

TP Derrick D
10-31-2003, 01:34 AM
Derrick, if you live so close to us, then why dont you ever come chill with us. Your right in the middle of about 6 L's.
I WORK IN THE EVENINGS AND OFF ON SUN/MON. I JUST RECENTLY STARTED POSTING ON THIS SITE ALTHOUGH I'VE KNOWN ABOUT IT FOR A WHILE. I HAVE ALSO KNOWN A FEW OF THE GUYS FROM FUN FORD & SVT ON TRACK FROM A COUPLE YEARS AGO. I WAS MOSTLY JUST TALKING TO GUYS WHEN I RUN INTO THEM HERE AND THERE ( Sixpipes,& Milton his brother, Doug) Rob stopped at my house and talked to me a few months ago before I started doing the L thing. He told me to come to some meetings and about Terry ,but I already had Terry's biz card from a while back. I just wasn't doing anything to the L. But after I lost 2 pistons in my Stang and while its getting stroked (331)S/C .I decided to play with the L so I call around,JL,LFP and Terry and he came to my house and said some of the same things I already knew and invited me to some meetings so I been doing this and that since. I came to only 1 meeting at the Flying Saucer but like I said I work nites. I've always gone to FFW for past 10 years.Just with my Mustangs 8 of those 10 years :nana2 So now (past 3 years anyway) I been living in two worlds thus the TP ("Total Performance.") At L fest i got to know several more of the guys( Brooks, TLiss,Crawford,Andy Cain, Mark, I already knew JD,Tony,Dennis and of course Rob & Terry , so I'm always looking to meet and/or talk L and Mustang. I know this is an L site and the guys are back and forth against Mustangs but I had my Stang loooong time before I had my L. Had a Stang since '89 new GT, current- '95 SC Vortec 331 Stroker (4th engine stock,306, 308 now 331. )I know this is pretty long but I wanted to introduce myself to everyone that did'nt already know me. I just recently started posting here but have been reading the site for a while. :cool:

scott015
10-31-2003, 09:21 AM
hahaha, i live off Turner Warnell and Cooper by Summitt HS too... well im more closer to Debbie Lane and Walnut Creek.... but only about 1/2 mile from you... thats wired, I never seen your truck around my house.... maybe u have seen me, i have the yellow gsxr 600.... i have seen 2 black and 1 red Lightnings in Mansfield... are u one of them??

anyway, as for the Basani exhaust.... how much will this set me back? sucks FLowmaster is no good.... i was excited cuz the truck already had exhaust... i was thinking that was something i wouldnt have to do....

L8 APEX
10-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Bassani is around 700-750, Magnaflow cat back around 600 same as Borla, and mine is 350 installed.

03LightningRocks
10-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Bassani is around 700-750, Magnaflow cat back around 600 same as Borla, and mine is 350 installed.

Terry,

I thought you where using Magnaflow mufflers.:eek2:

Rocks

TP Derrick D
10-31-2003, 10:39 PM
hahahamaybe u have seen me, i have the yellow gsxr 600.... i have seen 2 black and 1 red Lightnings in Mansfield... are u one of them??
, i live off Turner Warnell and Cooper by Summitt HS too... well im more closer to Debbie Lane and Walnut Creek.... but only about 1/2 mile from you... thats wired, I never seen your truck around my house....
anyway, as for the Basani exhaust.... how much will this set me back? sucks FLowmaster is no good.... i was excited cuz the truck already had exhaust... i was thinking that was something i wouldnt have to do....
Scott015, I'm on the first right off T-W ,(N. Walnut Creek) then the first right into the houses ,I'm the 1st house you see. My L , the Toy Truck is in the drive usually. You can see it from Walnut Creek. Right Rob (02Bolt)? But it wasn't me you seen I'm Quick"Silver". I stopped at Discount on Cooper this past Mon a black L was there with a flat,front ,driver side. Owner was not there.. any of you guys?

scott015
11-01-2003, 10:28 AM
sweet, ill have to drive by sometime to check out your truck.... like I said, i live off Walnut Creek.... as soon as you pass debbie lane, im in the first set of houses on your right (before u get to TW)

also, i own my own store, its a trophy/award store on Cooper... we used to be on Green Oaks / I20 by Hooters.... but just moved about 2 weeks ago to new location... no on Cooper/I20 by Applebees.... if ya ever drive by you will see in bike in the parking lot, and in about a week you will see my L there everyday