PDA

View Full Version : Need front license plate bracket

karkrazy1971
11-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get the bracket for the front plate? My truck was purchased in Indiana so there is no bracket on the truck. Also does anyone know if both wires have to be connected for the tag light to work? The truck has a rollpan w/no tag light. I'm trying to get the truck legal

L8 APEX
11-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Never ever will my tuck have a front plate:nono: I am sure there are lots of spare brackets floating aroudn the club.

PoorSvtman
11-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Never ever will my tuck have a front plate:nono: I am sure there are lots of spare brackets floating aroudn the club.

Same Here. When my L was in the body shop and i saw them about to put it on, I did a dukes of hazard across a hood of a tahoe and basicly nocked the drill and bracket out of the guys hand.

But if the bracket is just a plastic piece i have it sitting im my closet. Atleast thats the last time a i saw it. Ill look for it and you can have it. :tu:

Edit: Not in the closet so its gotta be in the shed or garage. ill look 2morow aftar work.

my2002lightning
11-05-2003, 02:25 AM
Keith,

As far as legality goes, I've been "pushing the envelope" BIG-TIME here in Plano with the speed limit regulations... most of the time with no front license plate and with Ohio plates aft (where purchased).

A sustained 70+mph blast is the ONLY way to get all the water off the truck!:D

I wouldn't worry too much about the bracket. Just DON'T give the local gendarme a reason to pull you over in the first place. :tu: :D

I've got a spare front license bracket if you want.

Ronald

Nuhklz
11-05-2003, 08:11 AM
Cool pic! Makes me want some french fries.

Nuhklz
11-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Can anyone tell me where to get the bracket for the front plate? My truck was purchased in Indiana so there is no bracket on the truck. Also does anyone know if both wires have to be connected for the tag light to work? The truck has a rollpan w/no tag light. I'm trying to get the truck legal

I've never had a front license plate. Check this out:

http://www.msnbc.com/local/kxas/a1861265.asp?vts=11520030454

PoorSvtman
11-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Cool pic! Makes me want some french fries.

Them french fried taters. mmmhhhmmm.

REXRENEGADE
11-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Biscuits And Mustard :eek2:

tliss
11-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get the bracket for the front plate? My truck was purchased in Indiana so there is no bracket on the truck. Don't do it. You'll regret it. I will never drill holes in my front bumper...NEVER!

Actually the club has about a 50/50 split of guys that have front plates and guys that don't. It's up to you. I've never had a problem with it.

You can probably get a set up at any Ford dealership Not sure how much they are. Or you can persuade one of the guys in the club to give you theirs, since they won't have any use for it.

Tom

TP Derrick D
11-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Same here....When I bought it the was no bracket there and I don't plan on one either :banned :nono: Just looks better without IMO. From what I under Ford does'nt put brackets on SVT's unless the customer requests it.I do have the license plate under the seat just in case a CC (country cop ) stops me and I maybe able to get away with "the big city way of doing things". ;)

Silver_2000
11-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Same here....When I bought it the was no bracket there and I don't plan on one either :banned :nono: Just looks better without IMO. From what I under Ford does'nt put brackets on SVT's unless the customer requests it.I do have the license plate under the seat just in case a CC (country cop ) stops me and I maybe able to get away with "the big city way of doing things". ;)
The brackets are done by the dealers

Mine was on before I ever saw the truck

Doug

PoorSvtman
11-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Found Mine. If you want it you can have it. I held it up to my L and It looked Crap. Didnt fit to well either. If you wanna check it out let me know. Im free after 630 and weekends

03LightningRocks
11-05-2003, 07:55 PM
If your going to be at Hooters in Mesquite, remind me. I have mine behind the seat of my truck. Your welcome to it.

I just paid a 150 ticket for the right to drive without my front plate. They can kiss my azz on that one. They ask me if I fixed it when I went to pay the ticket. I said no and had no intention of fixing it. They told me I'd get another ticket and I told them I would pay that one to...LOL.

Fock em with their forced laser target laws.

Rocks:flaming:

L8 APEX
11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
This is the only front plate they will ever see:Bullshit

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15Front_Plate.jpg

Lyfisin
11-06-2003, 04:09 PM
I'd like to know why the proposal never makes it through. They just passed one recently about license plate frames too which didn't go over too big. It was supposed to keep people from hiding their plates when zipping through toll booths without paying, but a lot of frames are illegal. I think it upset more people than they thought. Car vendors of course supply a lot of them, but many were bought by people who wanted to support a charity and a host of other reasons.

I don't have a plate on the front of my truck. An officer came up to me one day while my truck was in a store parking lot and told me it had to be displayed. My plate is behind the seat, so I went inside the store, bought a roll of paper towels and propped it up in the window.

Somehow it worked it's way back behind the seat since then. :rll:

Brook