PDA

View Full Version : Got her back today!!!!

bobbywade69
11-05-2003, 12:29 AM
I toke the L in last week for an oil leak on the rightside head gasket, so they pulled the motor toke the head off and opened a can of worms, first off all the intake bolts broke off in the head and also the valves on that side were not seating properly due to nitrous from previous owner, so they sent the head off for new valves, seat, springs and broke bolts removed, they reinstalled the motor fri. and behold even a bigger oil leak started in the front so out come the motor again and finally I got it back this evening with fresh engine gasket set all gaskets!! They found intake leak, head gasket leak (oil), superchager leak. Good thing it was covered under warrenty but it seems to run ok, I will found out sunday at the track. Also one good thing is found out the rear gears were changed to 3.73 I like that less money I have to spend on go-fast parts. The 4# pulley goes on next after I get some green and buy the program from
Mr.T:tu: . Leaks Begone for now:banana: .

02BOLT
11-05-2003, 09:10 AM
I toke the L in last week for an oil leak on the rightside head gasket, so they pulled the motor toke the head off and opened a can of worms, first off all the intake bolts broke off in the head and also the valves on that side were not seating properly due to nitrous from previous owner, so they sent the head off for new valves, seat, springs and broke bolts removed, they reinstalled the motor fri. and behold even a bigger oil leak started in the front so out come the motor again and finally I got it back this evening with fresh engine gasket set all gaskets!! They found intake leak, head gasket leak (oil), superchager leak. Good thing it was covered under warrenty but it seems to run ok, I will found out sunday at the track. Also one good thing is found out the rear gears were changed to 3.73 I like that less money I have to spend on go-fast parts. The 4# pulley goes on next after I get some green and buy the program from
Congrats on getting your truck back man!:tu: It's awesome that they covered it under warranty, despite its having been sprayed(N2O) on. I'd take it easy for at least 2-3 hundred miles, and give everything a chance to seat before you start rippin' on her. Everyone has different opinions on break-in, but IMHO its a good idea, especially on a daily or street driven forced induction motor. Just my .02. Have fun!:nana2

Later,
Rob:burnout:

skalywags
11-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Congrats on getting your truck back man!:tu: It's awesome that they covered it under warranty, despite its having been sprayed(N2O) on. I'd take it easy for at least 2-3 hundred miles, and give everything a chance to seat before you start rippin' on her. Everyone has different opinions on break-in, but IMHO its a good idea, especially on a daily or street driven forced induction motor. Just my .02. Have fun!:nana2

Later,
Rob:burnout:
whew! Glad to see you were excited about getting your L back! From the heading I was starting to feel sorry for yougetting all excited about getting HER back! Her could end up just being a pain in your back, if it was something other than the L. Thought maybe you were just getting tired of some new found freedom!

TP Derrick D
11-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Who had it ,Nichols ? thats where I bought mine from. I know all those guys up there, technicians & service writers. I think the service manager hate to see me coming with my L. They're the only ones other than Terry thats ever touched it.