PDA

View Full Version : Attitude on the Road

Nuhklz
11-08-2003, 07:53 AM
I've had my L for two weeks now and notice that the other drivers on the road pick on me! :eek:

I've already been challenged to ~5 races ranging from a POS 65 mustang bellowing smoke to an F350 diesel dually. I always drive the speed limit :rolleyes: and did not really anticipate this from the other drivers but am not surprised.

Just curious if all of you experience the same thing.

Larry

L1nt2B
11-08-2003, 08:43 AM
oh yes, most of the time I just laugh at them, sometimes I give a little jolt just so they know what fools they are being. usualy its just kids wanting to see an L do what it does best...haul ass

03LightningRocks
11-08-2003, 09:23 AM
oh yes, most of the time I just laugh at them, sometimes I give a little jolt just so they know what fools they are being. usualy its just kids wanting to see an L do what it does best...haul ass
I had one of those F150 "sports edition" trucks try to race me this past week. I never even got into my boost and just kept giving it enough gas to stay ahead of his nose.

The guy then follows me into a parking lot and tells me I have a fast truck...LOL. According to him he usually waxes most people...:rll: . The sport editions have a 6 banger in them...by the way. I didn't have the heart to tell him I never even used my super charger. I told him he had a nice ride and that he might be better off not racing any trucks that had the Lightning emblem on them. he said he had heard about Lightnings before, but didn't reaize that they where really fast. He thought they where just a ground effects package...LMAO. I told him about F150 online so he could get educated before he looked that stupid again.:tu:

I think our trucks just look like they are looking for a race:d

Rocks:evil

Nuhklz
11-08-2003, 09:45 AM
I had one of those F150 "sports edition" trucks try to race me this past week. I never even got into my boost and just kept giving it enough gas to stay ahead of his nose.

I think our trucks just look like they are looking for a race:d

Rocks:evil

So far the approach you vets are taking is the one I take. One dude that came along side of me in a decent looking 5.0 tried to race and, when I asked him how much money he had, he just rolled up the window and turned right. :crying:

microsuck
11-08-2003, 10:42 AM
So far the approach you vets are taking is the one I take. One dude that came along side of me in a decent looking 5.0 tried to race and, when I asked him how much money he had, he just rolled up the window and turned right. :crying:I havent had anyone try to race me in about 6 months. I drive so fast most people dont really see me though.

03LightningRocks
11-08-2003, 10:49 AM
I havent had anyone try to race me in about 6 months. I drive so fast most people dont really see me though.
That's an understatement :hammer: . I about "dropped a bolt" riding with him the other day. Andrew has no problem doing WOT in a 40.

Rocks:d

bobbywade69
11-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Can't do WOT were I live over here in Ft. Worth but when growing up in Burleson I could do WOT in town most of the time.:burnout:

microsuck
11-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Can't do WOT were I live over here in Ft. Worth but when growing up in Burleson I could do WOT in town most of the time.:burnout:tru dat. I wish I had my lightning when I lived there. the po-po would have had nutin on me then. I used to loose them in an 5.8L f-150 4x4. would have loved to have this one.

TP Derrick D
11-08-2003, 06:39 PM
I've had my L for two weeks now and notice that the other drivers on the road pick on me! :eek:

I've already been challenged to ~5 races ranging from a POS 65 mustang bellowing smoke to an F350 diesel dually. I always drive the speed limit :rolleyes: and did not really anticipate this from the other drivers but am not surprised.

Just curious if all of you experience the same thing.

Larry
Dude, you have'nt seen anything yet. wait till you've been into the performance scene for a while.. I been REALLY into it since '89 with a Mustang GT I get all kinds of cars wanting to race my L and my '95 Stang w/SC Vortec 306 & 308.At FFW 02' True Street it ran 12.3 @ 119mph with a 2.4 60ft on street tires ,that was a low 11 car with slicks ,but with stock axles and no sub frames or roll cage that was good enough but it topped out at over 170 mph :nana2 Now I having a 331 built with all the better JE stuff . I had DSS before. So don't take all 5.0 for granted some like mine out runs Z06's and Vipers.But I loooves my truck just as much .I have a few more trophies with it :cool: :nana2

Lil Nicky88
11-08-2003, 06:44 PM
back when I was running stock boost, I tried to follow andrew out to gaven's house. We were hauling so much ass I didn't have time to look down at the speedo, but we had to have been going 120 the whole way from plano to irving. That boy is nutz.

:burnout:

PoorSvtman
11-08-2003, 06:51 PM
tru dat. I wish I had my lightning when I lived there. the po-po would have had nutin on me then. I used to loose them in an 5.8L f-150 4x4. would have loved to have this one.

I hate Burleson cops. I have had a bad experiance out there. Im glad i only work out there.

microsuck
11-08-2003, 07:58 PM
I hate Burleson cops. I have had a bad experiance out there. Im glad i only work out there.they can be real biznatches. I went to a police open house one time and just made fun of all their shat the whole time. it was great. I kept talking to the guys about what their bulletproof vests would and wouldent stop. they got kind of pissed off cause they all have to wear class 3 BA and I kept asking if that would stop .223 and .308 rounds. they had to kind of mumble "no" and then I would proceed to say how that was what everyone arround town was carrying and stuff and "arent you worried about what happens if you get shot, that must suck". haha, they didnt like that. just like i dont like getting pulled over.