PDA

View Full Version : Zaino is 1/2 way on !

my2002lightning
11-09-2003, 07:41 PM
This Zaino is a chore! I've been working on the L since last Monday SOLID in the evenings (staying up until 1-2am. and have only started the L ONCE since then.) and I'm putting on the finishing coats of Z5/Z2 and alternating with the Z6 in between.

Overall I'm very pleased, but it's labor INTENSIVE as H#LL! I never realized the L had such a surface area, but I've never REALLY waxed a nice vehicle.

I managed to get a few .jpgs as I'm on the "downhill slope" with successive Z2/Z6/Z5 iterations.

Notice the minivan passing behind me (3rd .jpg) and the cars going down Legacy in the background (4th .jpg) from the reflection.

Ronald

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2536-3624-76145.jpg

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2536-3624-76146.jpg

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2536-3624-76147.jpg

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2536-3624-76148.jpg

blueoval01
11-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Man, that's sweet, Ronald. :tu:
Really makes the RED stand out.

I gotta get my act together (lazy arse) and do my Silver.

dboat
11-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Looks good Ronald,:tu:

andy_cain
11-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Welcome aboard Ron :beer:
It gets easier with every coat and is very simple to maintain once it is on :nana2

microsuck
11-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Welcome aboard Ron :beer:
It gets easier with every coat and is very simple to maintain once it is on :nana2yeah, it gets even eaiser when you just get the zaino guy to do it for you. you rich terd:tu:
peace
Andrew

my2002lightning
11-09-2003, 10:19 PM
yeah, it gets even eaiser when you just get the zaino guy to do it for you. you rich terd:tu:
peace
AndrewI'm going in for some Z2, COVER ME! http://www.smiliedb.de/s/sdb11014.gif

... and some Z6/Z5 and maybe a few followup coats!

Ronald

Silver_2000
11-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Im confused you spend 3 fortunes on Wax and spend a week on it and are HALF done ????

OMFG

Doug

my2002lightning
11-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Im confused you spend 3 fortunes on Wax and spend a week on it and are HALF done ????

OMFG

Doug
Doug,

No! Typical Zaino starter kit and work on it after work with the lower temps/humidities. Takes forever to dry/cure.

Have you ever stepped throught the ENTIRE process?

I'd rather take an A$$ beating! :eek2: :tu: :d

Ronald

The end result is pretty damn good though!

skalywags
11-10-2003, 01:18 AM
Doug,

No! Typical Zaino starter kit and work on it after work with the lower temps/humidities. Takes forever to dry/cure.

Have you ever stepped throught the ENTIRE process?

I'd rather take an A$$ beating! :eek2: :tu: :d

Ronald

The end result is pretty damn good though!
And I was thinking of doing this? Any short cuts, or how do you get the Zaino guy to do it? :beer: ? If it takes that long its looks like my laziness, or my other interests may end up keeping me from going the Zaino route.

my2002lightning
11-10-2003, 01:58 AM
And I was thinking of doing this? Any short cuts, or how do you get the Zaino guy to do it? :beer: ? If it takes that long its looks like my laziness, or my other interests may end up keeping me from going the Zaino route.
Go here: http://www.zainomobiledetail.com/intro.html

But, prepare to B.O.G.U.! :crying: :D

L8 APEX
11-10-2003, 02:10 AM
I have used Zaino for two years and never seen such a production:rll: It is very hard to deal with in the cold. I learned that the hard way last year. I heat up the garage if I need to do it in the winter. I bought my truck new so the finish was fine. I just did a one time clay bar, Z1 base and Z2 the nmaintain shine with occasional Z6 spray. I never used Z5 as I had no scratches to fill. Doing it on a cold truck is not smrt:hammer: . I wouldn't use it below 65 degrees. I would also stick with ZFX and Z2 unless you are filling scratches.

Lyfisin
11-10-2003, 09:07 AM
I pretty much did the same thing as Terry with mine. Since my truck is white, it doesn't really show the shine as much as any dark car, but I know it's there and I know how much nicer it looks when parked around any other white cars.

And it was fun watching Terry slip off the front bumper while he was trying to put the belt on for my pulley. :rll:

I agree, it is a lot of work to put it all on, but the results are just terrific and it lasts a loooooong time.

Brook

tliss
11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
You go Zaino boy! I don't do the Zaino (I will not cave into peer pressure, dammit!!), but I do wax the hell out of mine. Before I got sick I washed, clay barred, put 2 coats of Meguiar's cleaner wax, 2 coats of Scratch X, 2 coats of Meguiar's glaze polish and 2 coats of Meguiar's Gold Class wax on the truck. I need to put another couple of coats of wax, but on average it takes me about a week as well, working on it after work and on the weekend. I maintain with Meguiar's Quick Detailer between wax jobs.

It's hard work making that truck look so good!

Tom

Silver_2000
11-10-2003, 10:01 AM
I am so lame... I have a silver truck that the few times I have waxed it ... One coat using bill and teds excellent wax. The truck looks great . Rain shine whatever ... I dont have the patience or the desire to spend a week after work waxing my truck.....

andy_cain
11-10-2003, 10:47 AM
I agree with Terry, it shouldn't take that long to do.
I know the temp and humidity is a factor, but Mike usually has Z-5, Z-2 and Z-6 on and off in under 3 hours.
I don't know how many coats you are doing but it shouldn't be that time consuming.
:confused:

microsuck
11-10-2003, 11:01 AM
I know the temp and humidity is a factor, but Mike usually has Z-5, Z-2 and Z-6 on and off in under 3 hours.
I don't know how many coats you are doing but it shouldn't be that time consuming.
:confused:sounds like ronald is having trouble "waxing it" again.:D

dboat
11-10-2003, 05:43 PM
I dont use it because of the cost and time/effort involved. I use S100 and I bet my truck looks every bit as good.
Tom, dont try to layer wax, it doesnt work. Believe it or not wax wont layer, so just wax when you need to..

Wayne will argue that Z is better than S100 but we will have to agree to disagree on this one.. even my 70 yr old father uses S100.. no white wax mess on the black parts later as well.. rant off..
Dana

Ronald, I say do whatever you want and if you want to spend all that time and effort, then you go for it..

jcblack
11-10-2003, 06:37 PM
You go Zaino boy! I don't do the Zaino (I will not cave into peer pressure, dammit!!), but I do wax the hell out of mine. Before I got sick I washed, clay barred, put 2 coats of Meguiar's cleaner wax, 2 coats of Scratch X, 2 coats of Meguiar's glaze polish and 2 coats of Meguiar's Gold Class wax on the truck. I need to put another couple of coats of wax, but on average it takes me about a week as well, working on it after work and on the weekend. I maintain with Meguiar's Quick Detailer between wax jobs.

It's hard work making that truck look so good!

TomYo, Big T, I have learned to SAY NO TO ZAINO. I dont know if there was something on one of the rags or pads or what, but it jacked up my paint. I always got compliments on how good my truck looked for being two years old, now it has swirls from hell. I think when everyone else uses it, it comes out good, but Zaino should not be applied to Black Vehicles. I got this stuff from work that they use on the helicopters that is bad ass called Car Brite. Its the bomb digidy. Thats my post, and im stickin to it.

Jacob

my2002lightning
11-10-2003, 06:50 PM
:confused:
I've just had alot of "stuff" going on lately (since Thu.) that have taken my focus away from the L/Zaino. :mad:

I should be finishing it up tonight and am going to take .jpgs tomorrow in the daylight.

It's been over a week since I've driven it. :eek2:

Ronald

skalywags
11-11-2003, 11:22 PM
I have used Zaino for two years and never seen such a production:rll: It is very hard to deal with in the cold. I learned that the hard way last year. I heat up the garage if I need to do it in the winter. I bought my truck new so the finish was fine. I just did a one time clay bar, Z1 base and Z2 the nmaintain shine with occasional Z6 spray. I never used Z5 as I had no scratches to fill. Doing it on a cold truck is not smrt:hammer: . I wouldn't use it below 65 degrees. I would also stick with ZFX and Z2 unless you are filling scratches.
HEy, I just found another scratch, probably from some fat a$$ who could not squeeze their fat a$$ through the 6 - 8 feet that was between my truck and the car next to me in a parking lot. What kind of sctaches does this Z5 work on, or who is a good scratch man. i have a couple/few that I would like to get fixed and then maybe i will think about spending a life or two Zainoing my truck, as well. Actually, I have not been too thrilled with the paint on this truck so far.