PDA

View Full Version : how can i SAFELY get to 400hp?

scott015
11-10-2003, 05:37 PM
hey guys, its me again.. sorry for all the stupid newbie questions...

anyway, this thread may sorta fall into same category as my last one...but what the heck... thanks for the info ahead of time

anyway, my new truck is a 2000 and they come stock with about 360hp correct? so with the mods its has, im guessing it is close to 380+.... I would like to be around 400hp and in 12 second club but i want to be SAFE about it.... i dont wanna do anything that will harm the engine and give it a bigger chance of blowing it... so no NOS for sure...

this is what i have
PSP 4lb lower pully
PSP chip
johnny lightning dual ram air
90 mass air
rancho bars
autometer guages trans, boost, air/fuel
clear side markers
billet grills
dual flowmaster 40 series cat back with 3 1/2in stainless tips
IT20 plugs

there are only a few other mods that I had in mind...

e-fan, ftvb, throttle body, boost bypass and water pump

i have heard a few people negativly speak of the throttle body and boost bypass....

will any of the mods I have or the mods I plan on be harmful? its an everyday driver, so being stable is more important than racing...

then my last question is.... what exactly is a dyno tune? guy had the PSP chip made specially for the mods that are currently on it.... but i hear of people saying get it dyno tuned.... isnt the chip a tune??? if I were to add the new mods, would i have to get a new chip or just get it dynoed?

dboat
11-10-2003, 05:44 PM
go get a dyno and see what it is really making now.. then have Terry advise you on what to do.. IMHO

Dana

microsuck
11-10-2003, 05:49 PM
there are a few trucks that are making 400 on only 4# lowers, but they have alot of timing. I would rather get my power from more boost then timing. first just get it on the dyno and see what it does. Sal's chips are as close to "dyno tuned" as it gets without him actually being there to do it. I perfer to send it off WITH the dyno sheet, have changes made, and repeat the process. Its known as mail order dynotuning. most people get a chip burned and never check it on they dyno. that is what they mean when they say "dyno-tuning" is the way to go. If you get dynoed and then send your chip in WITH your sheet to be recalibrated thats basically the same thing. hope that helps.
Andrew

and there is nothing wrong with nitrous oxide. Nitrous doesent blow motors, people blow motors. uneducated rice boys with little or no knowledge of how nitrous works, nor how to opperate/install it blow motors because of nitrous. Air is Air.

Silver_2000
11-10-2003, 05:51 PM
I have a REALLY safe tune. ( little timing and lots of fuel )

and I make about 405/510

With 4# lower reast of mods are here
http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/silverl/silverl.htm

it depends a LOT on the weather and the TUNE

andy_cain
11-10-2003, 06:12 PM
I say JUICE IT :D :D
I am making 410 RWHP without it on a 4# lower and a "99" :nana2
It can be done :tu:

diablolightning
11-10-2003, 07:11 PM
I say JUICE IT :D :D
I am making 410 RWHP without it on a 4# lower and a "99" :nana2
It can be done :tu:
get a 50-75 shot and a reburn.:nana2 :burnout:

ken cryder
11-11-2003, 09:19 AM
get a 50-75 shot and a reburn.:nana2 :burnout:

or on your 50 to 75 shot run a mix of water /alcy , too fatten it up . or a larger fuel jet on the nitrous . just remeber if you have your chip burnt for nitrous . it's good to have the timing retarded 1 1/2 to 2 degrees per 50 lb shot and it keeps you safer , but the down side is that off the nitrous you are a little down on power , but it's safer . been running a 75 or 80 shot for almost 2 years with no problems . and use a colder plug .

ken