PDA

View Full Version : I just got laid ...

my2002lightning
11-10-2003, 07:14 PM
off from work as of Thu., that is! :D Last of Dec. is my last day onsite.

No contract extension for '04 (for now), but that can always change.

I'm looking to stay RIGHT here in DFW, find another gig "locally" and keep on going. I've/we've had our fill of living out of a suitcase for a paycheck.

BTW, Terry ... is PR hiring? :D

Ronald

Also, if your in IT and need another gig, monster.com, dice.com and hotjobs.com is hoppin' !

I've already rcvd calls from CA/IL/FL just today since I posted yesterday.

Waiting for the TX calls now.

dboat
11-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear it Ronald, but I have been there and done that... I wish you and Laney the very best.. keep us abreast of your situation.

Dana

my2002lightning
11-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Dana,

Thanks for the kind words! The calls from recruiters are rolling in, so I'm not too worried.

I've been down laid-off plenty of times, too and know what you mean.

Take care and tell Kimmie hello,

Ronald

microsuck
11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Poopie!:mad: thats my worst fear. Dogg, you are smart and I have everymost confidence you will find a better job. Just out of curousity, you were still going to work instead of zaino-ing your ride, right? :D Most places will let you go if you dont show up for work for a week.:d
Andrew

tliss
11-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Dude, that blows! But I guess that's the risk you have to take when you're contracting. I'm sure something else in the area will turn up and you'll stick around here. It's hard to find good people around this materialistic hellhole we call home, so hopefully you'll be able to stick around. We all ready lost way too many good members to the PA area. We need to keep a few here.

Tom

dboat
11-11-2003, 09:04 PM
We all ready lost way too many good members to the PA area. We need to keep a few here.

Tom
Tom, Kims says xoxoxo:twitch:

Thanks
Dana and Kim

my2002lightning
11-11-2003, 10:29 PM
Poopie!:mad: thats my worst fear. Dogg, you are smart and I have everymost confidence you will find a better job. Just out of curousity, you were still going to work instead of zaino-ing your ride, right? :D Most places will let you go if you dont show up for work for a week.:d
Andrew
Yes, I went to work with the RED-EYE last week and L-less!, but on-time and produced results! :tu:

Dude, that blows! But I guess that's the risk you have to take when you're contracting. I'm sure something else in the area will turn up and you'll stick around here. It's hard to find good people around this materialistic hellhole we call home, so hopefully you'll be able to stick around. We all ready lost way too many good members to the PA area. We need to keep a few here.

Tom
Staying local is my focus! I just have to "turn over a few rocks" and continue the journey.

Besides, I could use a vacation in between project deployments...

Thanks,

Ronald

99WhiteBeast
11-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Ronald,
What are you looking for?

tliss
11-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Tom, Kims says xoxoxo:twitch:

Thanks
Dana and Kim
Right back at ya, baby!

http://www.austinpowers.com/objects/images/austinpose.jpg

Tom

my2002lightning
11-13-2003, 01:50 AM
Ronald,
What are you looking for?
Steve,

I'm looking for answers! :cool:

Seriously, I'm looking for Informatica Admin/Developer positions in the DFW area.

Here is my online info. :

http://resumes.hotjobs.com/my2002lightning/informaticaprof

Thanks,

Ronald

skalywags
11-13-2003, 11:32 PM
Steve,

I'm looking for answers! :cool:

Seriously, I'm looking for Informatica Admin/Developer positions in the DFW area.

Here is my online info. :

http://resumes.hotjobs.com/my2002lightning/informaticaprof

Thanks,

Ronald
I have a couple of friends that are recruiters for contracting firms. If you are interested in going that route I will forward this to them It never hurts! I think right now if they can place someone, they are not too greedy on the percentage they take from you.

cpeapea
11-16-2003, 01:15 PM
when the work ran out, i looked into another trade lol. now im welder, go figure. doesnt pay to bad either if your good at it. my uncle worked for tdi getting 30/hour as a certified welder.

my2002lightning
11-22-2003, 10:00 AM
I have a couple of friends that are recruiters for contracting firms. If you are interested in going that route I will forward this to them It never hurts! I think right now if they can place someone, they are not too greedy on the percentage they take from you.
Tom,

Thanks! Let me send you a .doc version of my resume tomorrow evening when I get back in town.

Ronald

skalywags
11-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Tom,

Thanks! Let me send you a .doc version of my resume tomorrow evening when I get back in town.

Ronald
Ok. As soon as I get it I will forward it on! Good luck!

my2002lightning
11-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Ok. As soon as I get it I will forward it on! Good luck!
Tom,

You have mail...

Ronald
:cool: