PDA

View Full Version : Where in A-Town for shackles?

scott015
11-12-2003, 03:26 PM
well guys, paperwork is ALWAYS slow... still dont have the truck, but I get it on Friday FOR SURE... anyway, was thinking shackles for the rear to "even" her out is one of the first things I wanna do...

anyway, called and got a price of $100 from one place... wondering if there is anywhere i could get a better deal... thats parts/installed (i dont have a floor jack)

PoorSvtman
11-12-2003, 03:49 PM
What year is your L? If its 99-00 its gonna be pretty even already. My 99 is almost dead even.

But for shackles you can get them from a place called Drop zone on pioneer but i wouldnt have them install them. I have had friends work there and tons of friends and they all have been unhappy with them.

Nuhklz
11-12-2003, 03:51 PM
well guys, paperwork is ALWAYS slow... still dont have the truck, but I get it on Friday FOR SURE...
You must be on pins and needles waiting for your truck.

Hang in there...It'll be worth the wait.

Larry

scott015
11-12-2003, 04:34 PM
yes, i CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

and drop zone is the place i called... they said $100 for shackles and install and yes, its a 2000

microsuck
11-12-2003, 05:36 PM
yes, i CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

and drop zone is the place i called... they said $100 for shackles and install and yes, its a 2000$40 on ebay. installation is a snap

scott015
11-12-2003, 05:39 PM
$40 on ebay. installation is a snap

ok, but dont i need a floor jack? only jack i have is one of those small jacks, basically like the one that comes with the truck behind the seat... just a little nicer... has wheels :banana:

PoorSvtman
11-12-2003, 05:48 PM
ok, but dont i need a floor jack? only jack i have is one of those small jacks, basically like the one that comes with the truck behind the seat... just a little nicer... has wheels :banana:

You can buy a floor jack at harbor freight for like 40 bucks. Then 20 bucks for some jack stands. ;) Also if you want to see how level my L sits and to get an idea of the drop before you do the shackles we can meet up.

scott015
11-12-2003, 05:51 PM
You can buy a floor jack at harbor freight for like 40 bucks. Then 20 bucks for some jack stands. ;) Also if you want to see how level my L sits and to get an idea of the drop before you do the shackles we can meet up.

well i have 2 jack stands already... i got an oil changing kit from walmart for xmas one year... it came with the stands, oil filter wrench, 2 stands and oil pan... the stands probably arent too fancy and may not lift real high... but might work....

sure, where in arlington are you? u can come by my store anytime... i work off I20/Cooper.... i own a trophy store there... its inbetween AppleBees and Matress Giant.... im litterally next door to Matress Giant

Alpine
11-12-2003, 06:03 PM
well guys, paperwork is ALWAYS slow... still dont have the truck, but I get it on Friday FOR SURE... anyway, was thinking shackles for the rear to "even" her out is one of the first things I wanna do...

anyway, called and got a price of $100 from one place... wondering if there is anywhere i could get a better deal... thats parts/installed (i dont have a floor jack) Drop Zone, 50 bucks. 30 minute install at home.

microsuck
11-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Drop Zone, 50 bucks. 30 minute install at home.the only thing you need to jack up is the trailer hitch to raise the body to remove the shackle bolts, its not to high, i used one of the $15 jacks from walmart and a board

L8 APEX
11-12-2003, 08:15 PM

anyway, called and got a price of $100 from one place... wondering if there is anywhere i could get a better deal... thats parts/installed (i dont have a floor jack)The Sponsoring Vendor of TALON, Performance Research has them on the shelf, still running an installed special of 90 bucks:tu:

PoorSvtman
11-12-2003, 08:49 PM
well i have 2 jack stands already... i got an oil changing kit from walmart for xmas one year... it came with the stands, oil filter wrench, 2 stands and oil pan... the stands probably arent too fancy and may not lift real high... but might work....

sure, where in arlington are you? u can come by my store anytime... i work off I20/Cooper.... i own a trophy store there... its inbetween AppleBees and Matress Giant.... im litterally next door to Matress Giant

I live off of 287 and sublett. I stoped by your store about about 5 mins before 7. Probly Just miss ya. Ill try and swing by after work.

TP Derrick D
11-12-2003, 10:11 PM
The Sponsoring Vendor of TALON, Performance Research has them on the shelf, still running an installed special of 90 bucks:tu:
If Terry has them go with him,you are correct to stay away from drop zone for any work I was going to get my L dropped there until I saw and heard a lot of horror stories. If ever you need SVT items and Terry is not a supplier then you might want to check out Racing Zone on Copper in Arlington , see Keith or USA Motorsports on Pioneer in Arlington , see Charlie ,the owner. I'm not saying get the work done there although they may be OK. I'm saying I been dealing with these places since they opened and I've been done right. They made their in Mustangs but sell factory Ford & SVT items. Plus I priced their items against Nichols Ford in FW, against Texan & Don Davis in Arlington and they were lower than all 3 of the Ford dealers of course.

blueoval01
11-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Yep, Terry did mine and it was a "Wham-Bam" easy deal.
:tu:

skalywags
11-13-2003, 01:03 AM
Yep, Terry did mine and it was a "Wham-Bam" easy deal.
:tu:
Same here! Terry did mine! And When i am ready for more work Terry will be doing it as well!

03LightningRocks
11-13-2003, 03:42 AM
Same here! Terry did mine! And When i am ready for more work Terry will be doing it as well!
Scott,

Since you get your truck Friday, I can't think of a more fitting field trip than Ennis Texas.
We will be there Friday night from 7-12....come out and join us. If you don't want to run a pass down the track...it's cool...just chill with the rest of us.

Rocks:beer: