PDA

View Full Version : Guess my HP and 1/4 time

scott015
11-12-2003, 04:39 PM
i get my truck Friday... iv already ordered a hood, billet pedals and clear tailights for it :banana:

anyway, its already got quite a few performance mods done already.... here is a list

PSP 4lb lower pully
PSP chip
johnny lightning dual ram air
90 mass air
rancho bars
autometer guages trans, boost, air/fuel
clear side markers
billet grills
dual flowmaster 40 series cat back with 3 1/2in stainless tips
IT20 Plugs

its a 2000 model, so its stock with less HP than the newer ones.... but one of the first things I plan to do it Dyno it and then take to the track just to see...

im just curious what you guys think.... iv never even raced at a track before or ever had a car to fix up like this, so im sorta new

but i was kinda guessing about 385hp and 12.90

am i pretty close? i would love to be in the 12 sec club!!!! :nana2

andy_cain
11-12-2003, 04:47 PM
With the weather cooling down, you shouldn't have any problem getting a 12 run if you can keep your 60 foot under 1.8.
I would expect Dyno numbers to see close to 400 HP and 480 TQ.
Good luck and congrats :beer:

scott015
11-12-2003, 04:50 PM
sweet, i would be happy if I can get her in the 12s... if i can do that, i think the only thing I would ever add performance wise would be the ftvb!!!

other than that, ill spend my $$ on some speakers, alarm, etc

ohh, by the way, is Ennis the closest track to me? I know kennedale is 1/8 right?? and when is street car racing night? i might go and take my truck and my bike.... i bet i can get a 10 in my bike

bobbywade69
11-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Kennadale is the closest to u, it's an 1/8th mile u can race there on thurs. fri. and on sundays I'm out there every sunday, depending on weather. I'd say u do probely a 8.2 or 8.3 depending on foot times. Hopefully I'll get to try my new mods out this sunday if the weathers good, i'm putting on a 4# pulley and a flip chip with drag program and maybe a VB.

StormShadow
11-12-2003, 04:55 PM
sounds like a good person for me to learn against huh Rocks.
Scott let me know when you wanna go to Ennis or Kennedale

Adam

scott015
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
adamn,

hmmm, maybe this sunday to kennedale??? but no guantees... ill let ya know... but probably next weekend would be better for me...

are you new too? like I said, i have never ever raced before... iv never even had a fast car before... so this is all new to me.... but i have been riding my gixxer for past year and half... but never took it to track yet either...

so what does a 8.2 convert to in 1/4 mile?

bobbywade69
11-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Next sunday would be good for me too, an 8.2 converts to 12.8- 12.9 1/4mile, I've been racing cars for years I can give u a couple of tips and tricks at the track.:tu: :burnout:

scott015
11-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Next sunday would be good for me too, an 8.2 converts to 12.8- 12.9 1/4mile, I've been racing cars for years I can give u a couple of tips and tricks at the track.:tu: :burnout:

ok, what are some tips... im gonna be on my BRAND NEW F1s... so do i really have to burn out?? i really hate to see all that $$ just fly away in the air :flaming:

bobbywade69
11-12-2003, 05:19 PM
No burnout,:burnout: :nono: no worky for street tires just go around the wet box, go up there stage bring the RMP's up to about 1000 and go and we'll work from the and try to get your reaction times low and keep them low, like mine in the .010-.050 area.:nana2

scott015
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
well i will keep in touch, maybe ill try and make it to kennedale next sunday (argggg... football day).... but if i can make it and its a for sure, ill let you guys know so i can meet some of ya and ya can help me out.... im sure it being my first time and all, i wont see a 12 though.... maybe 13??

microsuck
11-12-2003, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=scott015]i get my truck Friday... iv already ordered a hood, billet pedals and clear tailights for it :banana:

Haha, thats funny, i was the same way. I had a nitrous kit, intake, and chip in the mail before i even bought one.
as for HP, you could be anywhere from 370-415 with those mods. the chip is what will make all the difference and you dont know how it is setup yet. if you want I can hook up my autotap and tell you how much timing the chip is pushing. thats the only way to see. as for times. with your setup I first ran a 14.5, but I also ran a 12.8 on the same setup. its all the driver. but I can tell you that you wont be getting much lower than 12.6 on street tires unless the track has some crazy good traction that day.

scott015
11-12-2003, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=scott015]i get my truck Friday... iv already ordered a hood, billet pedals and clear tailights for it :banana:

Haha, thats funny, i was the same way. I had a nitrous kit, intake, and chip in the mail before i even bought one.
as for HP, you could be anywhere from 370-415 with those mods. the chip is what will make all the difference and you dont know how it is setup yet. if you want I can hook up my autotap and tell you how much timing the chip is pushing. thats the only way to see.

well its a PSP chip, and the seller of the truck told me that the chip is programmed for all the mods that are currently on it.... but who knows... i guess when I get my truck Friday what do I need to do? just get the code on the chip?

microsuck
11-12-2003, 05:47 PM
well its a PSP chip, and the seller of the truck told me that the chip is programmed for all the mods that are currently on it.... but who knows... i guess when I get my truck Friday what do I need to do? just get the code on the chip?just cause its "setup for the truck" dosent mean its pushing alot of power. my first program from sal dynoed 385 with the same mods (cept mine is 2001 and had stock mufflers). timing makes alot of difference and you dont know what sal set it for. unless it was requested to be less or more, it was prob 15-16 deg, witch will be ~385. hope that helps

scott015
11-12-2003, 05:49 PM
just cause its "setup for the truck" dosent mean its pushing alot of power. my first program from sal dynoed 385 with the same mods (cept mine is 2001 and had stock mufflers). timing makes alot of difference and you dont know what sal set it for. unless it was requested to be less or more, it was prob 15-16 deg, witch will be ~385. hope that helps

well changing the timing to closer to 400hp, would that be harmful? would i be safer keeping it where it is and finding the extra HP elsewhere?

microsuck
11-12-2003, 05:57 PM
well changing the timing to closer to 400hp, would that be harmful? would i be safer keeping it where it is and finding the extra HP elsewhere?well, personally, i like more boost and less timing. too much timing leads to detonation and snapping of rods. dont get me wrong, heat can lead to detonation too(which is caused by spinning the blower more than its supposed to) but if you upgrade the cooling you will usually be okay. and the efan frees up horsies too. 400 is no problem with these trucks, especially the 99-00's. they were a tad stronger. I think ken is making about 490 on his 99 no sweat. if you want more power, all you need to do is tell sal to add more timing. but I were in your shoes, i would put a 6# or 8# pulley, e-fan, 160 thermo, cobra r wp(for cooling benifit only), bigger heatexhanger, tune for 17deg advance, and maybe water injection. that will be all the power you need:tu: thats basically how mine is setup.

microsuck
11-12-2003, 06:00 PM
well, personally, i like more boost and less timing. too much timing leads to detonation and snapping of rods. most of the time when rods break, they break because of detonation and high rpms, not because of massive HP. the cylinder sparking while the piston is coming up makes FAR more stress(especially with lost of boost) than very high cylinder pressure on the way down.

scott015
11-12-2003, 06:05 PM
well, personally, i like more boost and less timing. too much timing leads to detonation and snapping of rods. dont get me wrong, heat can lead to detonation too(which is caused by spinning the blower more than its supposed to) but if you upgrade the cooling you will usually be okay. and the efan frees up horsies too. 400 is no problem with these trucks, especially the 99-00's. they were a tad stronger. I think ken is making about 490 on his 99 no sweat. if you want more power, all you need to do is tell sal to add more timing. but I were in your shoes, i would put a 6# or 8# pulley, e-fan, 160 thermo, cobra r wp(for cooling benifit only), bigger heatexhanger, tune for 17deg advance, and maybe water injection. that will be all the power you need:tu: thats basically how mine is setup.

ya i was thinking of keeping it as is... maybe efan/ftvb/water pump... but thats probably about all i would wanna do.... would any of those other things be a must?

microsuck
11-12-2003, 06:17 PM
ya i was thinking of keeping it as is... maybe efan/ftvb/water pump... but thats probably about all i would wanna do.... would any of those other things be a must?the pulley, heat exchanger, and water injection go together, the others are free hp safety mods. is it a dual of 4 chip? If so I suggest you get a program burned for "economy" i had sal to that for me because I still drive mine a few times a week and i need to keep myself "in check" so I dont go hog wild all the time. it has only a 5-6 deg advance, tq reduction on, shift at 4,800, etc, makes it alot slower, thats good for me. but if i switch to the "go-baby-go" program its a whole new ballgame. I stongly reccomend that burn for daily drivers that are heavily modded. I save ALOT of gas, and also save wear on my components.

scott015
11-12-2003, 06:44 PM
well i guess i am best off waiting until Friday when I get the truck and then see the chips # on the back... then call Sal and see exactly how it was programmed... since its a daily driver, i would like it programmed to get the most HP of course, but be the safest!

StormShadow
11-12-2003, 07:24 PM
I ran a 13.1 at 104mph with an 8.2 1/8th. But I'm a rookie. I even used slicks and couldnt get better than a 1.90 '60. I got a 2.0 '60 with the f1's so I'm not doing something right.

Adam

02BOLT
11-12-2003, 08:20 PM
I ran a 13.1 at 104mph with an 8.2 1/8th. But I'm a rookie. I even used slicks and couldnt get better than a 1.90 '60. I got a 2.0 '60 with the f1's so I'm not doing something right.

Adam
Adam,

It was very warm that day bro. You'll just have to play with it. With the mods you have...mid 12's in good air should be No Problem.:tu: You'll get there.

Later,
Rob:burnout: