PDA

View Full Version : The time finally came when....

scott015
11-15-2003, 12:42 PM
I GOT MY TRUCK!!!!!! :banana:

IM SO EXCITED, its EVERYTHING i excepted and MORE!!! im in love!!!

I picked her up last night in Flowermound about 8pm... Ill be posting some more pics when I wash her up real good later... Everything is perfect... i looked and not a scratch on the truck... except when I removed the front license plate bracket there are 2 holes there...

the exhaust sounds great, and i LOVE the sound of the WHINE!! but i only heard it like twice... i babied it... didnt even get on it yet really...

anyway, I do have a few problems..

1. wont fit in garage, gonna have to rearange!!!!

2. the Air/Fuel gauge shows its running a little rich, what should I do? there is a little black "dust" in my exhaust pipes... and a small amount of water was coming out and there was black in the water.... but the pipes are dirty... maybe if I cleaned them it wouldnt be like that

3. Windows are real dark, limo tint and i have to go get it inspected on Monday... any tips on how to pass inspection? Wonder if anyone knew of a place in my area (arlington, texas) that i can go to and maybe slip the guy an extra $$ to "not see" my window tint

but just wanted to let everyone know I finally got the truck and everything is PERFECT... u are all so lucky... these Ls are the greatest!!!

dboat
11-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Congratulations:tu: :tu:

It only gets better from here.. hard to believe but its true..:banana: :banana:

Nuhklz
11-15-2003, 03:13 PM
I GOT MY TRUCK!!!!!! :banana:

IM SO EXCITED, its EVERYTHING i excepted and MORE!!! im in love!!!

I picked her up last night in Flowermound about 8pm... Ill be posting some more pics when I wash her up real good later... Everything is perfect... i looked and not a scratch on the truck... except when I removed the front license plate bracket there are 2 holes there...

the exhaust sounds great, and i LOVE the sound of the WHINE!! but i only heard it like twice... i babied it... didnt even get on it yet really...

anyway, I do have a few problems..

1. wont fit in garage, gonna have to rearange!!!!

2. the Air/Fuel gauge shows its running a little rich, what should I do? there is a little black "dust" in my exhaust pipes... and a small amount of water was coming out and there was black in the water.... but the pipes are dirty... maybe if I cleaned them it wouldnt be like that

3. Windows are real dark, limo tint and i have to go get it inspected on Monday... any tips on how to pass inspection? Wonder if anyone knew of a place in my area (arlington, texas) that i can go to and maybe slip the guy an extra $$ to "not see" my window tint

but just wanted to let everyone know I finally got the truck and everything is PERFECT... u are all so lucky... these Ls are the greatest!!!

It was good meeting you and seeing the truck. It looks good!:tu:

Larry

PoorSvtman
11-15-2003, 03:47 PM
The truck looks good mang. :tu: Just need to wash it and wax her a bit.

Crawford
11-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Congrats. Its not uncommon to have black all over your tips so dont worry about that. It is also common to have quite a bit of water coming out of the exhaust. If you have an AFR gauge on your truck dont pay any attention to it, they are worthless despite the neat light show. On the windows, just take it to a tint place and pay them to replace the tint with the legal stuff.

03LightningRocks
11-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Congrats. Its not uncommon to have black all over your tips so dont worry about that. It is also common to have quite a bit of water coming out of the exhaust. If you have an AFR gauge on your truck dont pay any attention to it, they are worthless despite the neat light show. On the windows, just take it to a tint place and pay them to replace the tint with the legal stuff.
That is great news. I can feel your excitement all over your post...LOL.:nana2 I remember how thrilled I was when I first got mine. I would just up and go out for a ride at 2 in the morning.:hammer:

Congrats to you,

Rocks:burnout:

blueoval01
11-15-2003, 07:30 PM
That is great news. I can feel your excitement all over your post...LOL.:nana2 I remember how thrilled I was when I first got mine. I would just up and go out for a ride at 2 in the morning.:hammer:
Congrats to you,
Rocks:burnout: Yep, it's a milestone in everyone's life when they get their L. :nana2

:rll: Now Ron just goes out at 2am looking for "skirt" !!

03LightningRocks
11-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Yep, it's a milestone in everyone's life when they get their L. :nana2

:rll: Now Ron just goes out at 2am looking for "skirt" !!

That's when they are drunk enough not to be picky:rll: .

Rocks:nono:

cpeapea
11-16-2003, 01:12 PM
hehehehe.

congrats on the truck. in the fun factor, she wont let you down. let the modding begin!

Lyfisin
11-16-2003, 02:26 PM
I've only had my truck for just over 14 months, but I still feel that way every time I come out in the garage and see it.

Here's my face! - - > :D

Brook

jcblack
11-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Congrats. I'm going to stop by your shop one day and say hi. Us black L's have to stick together.

StormShadow
11-16-2003, 05:48 PM
nice avitar! :banana:

jcblack
11-16-2003, 07:44 PM
nice avitar! :banana:
Thanks brotha. When the girlfriends arent looking, snap a picture.