PDA

View Full Version : How hard to replace window?

scott015
11-17-2003, 01:14 PM
called to get price on the drivers side window on my jeep... said it will cost $173 for the window and $160 for installation...

just wondering, how hard could it be to install the window? just remove the panel and put new on in right? iv never done anything like this... just wondering if its that simple.... it does have power windows if that makes a diff

Silver_2000
11-17-2003, 01:19 PM
On F150's its not that hard - the Window slides into a bracket at the bottom that engages with the elec motor

Cleaning all the old window out will be the worst part

Doug

Mark #2
11-17-2003, 02:01 PM
called to get price on the drivers side window on my jeep... said it will cost $173 for the window and $160 for installation...

just wondering, how hard could it be to install the window? just remove the panel and put new on in right? iv never done anything like this... just wondering if its that simple.... it does have power windows if that makes a diff
Be very careful when working with power windows. The x support mechanism is under substantial potential energy, if you release it, you can easily loose fingers or arms.:eek:

I had a window replaced in my K5 and they used a special adhesive and heat gun to set the new glass in the bottom track. It was not a do it at home kind of job.
Mark

jcblack
11-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Be very careful when working with power windows. The x support mechanism is under substantial potential energy, if you release it, you can easily loose fingers or arms.:eek:

I had a window replaced in my K5 and they used a special adhesive and heat gun to set the new glass in the bottom track. It was not a do it at home kind of job.
MarkCall Binswinger or something like that. I know you guys know what I am talking about. Melissas eclipse window was $160 installed and they did it really fast.