PDA

View Full Version : Where to get painted?

scott015
11-18-2003, 01:15 PM
i ordered my hood today actually, and i should get it in a week or so... but need to get it painted black to match my truck... supposidly it is gellcoated smooth and ready to be painted...

just wondering of a GOOD paint shop, yet reasonable price.... what should a painted hood cost? would they have to blend the fenders?

im also thinking of having them repaint my front bumper... i removed the license plate bracket and there are 2 holes in the bumper and a few small scratches under where the plate was.... then on the VERY bottom on the bumper, there are some scubb marks where previous owner must have scraped when on a steep hill driveway or something.... was thinking a body shop could fill in the 2 holes and sand it all down and paint it ... figure if i was to ever do it, now would be best time along with the hood....

ken cryder
11-18-2003, 01:32 PM
crash works 940-482 7088

they are great

ken

cpeapea
11-18-2003, 07:06 PM
im a big fan of Leezo Bros. on loop 12 and irving blvd, or try defratus collision off of beltline just south of 183

TP Derrick D
11-18-2003, 10:17 PM
i ordered my hood today actually, and i should get it in a week or so... but need to get it painted black to match my truck... supposidly it is gellcoated smooth and ready to be painted...

just wondering of a GOOD paint shop, yet reasonable price.... what should a painted hood cost? would they have to blend the fenders?

im also thinking of having them repaint my front bumper... i removed the license plate bracket and there are 2 holes in the bumper and a few small scratches under where the plate was.... then on the VERY bottom on the bumper, there are some scubb marks where previous owner must have scraped when on a steep hill driveway or something.... was thinking a body shop could fill in the 2 holes and sand it all down and paint it ... figure if i was to ever do it, now would be best time along with the hood....
Hi Scott015, it was nice meeting you when you stopped by my house. I did pay special attention to the area your store is located as I passed by on Cooper yesterday.Speaking of your front bumper cover, as I told you while you were at my house ,the holes can be repaired and you will get a lot of "ADVICE & OPINIONS" on everything so you just got to go with what you think is best for you. As for as a place to get your painting done, I used Clark Brothers on Pioneer in Arlington(Next door to Dropzone) they do good work and you seen my truck with the hood they painted. To take off the white paint,prep it ,re-spray both sides quickSilver and install and align was $450 and it match perfect. I think that was a pretty good price.Anyway good luck with the bike and even more with the L :tu:

L8 APEX
11-18-2003, 10:42 PM
David's paint and body is across from Clark Bros, he is a little cheaper and still great work.