August - PaPa's BBQ
September - PaPa's BBQ
October - BoneDaddy's
November - PaPa's BBQ
December - Hooters/South Arlington
That is definitely bad ass.

blueoval01
11-21-2003, 08:46 PM
The main meet schedule is not up for discussion.

It accommodates most, if not all Talon members.

However, Talon encourages small group meetings in your immediate areas.

We only ask that they not happen the first Thursday of each month.

:burnout:

Silver_2000
11-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Heavy on Pappas aint it ????

6 of 12 ???

Keep in mind Pappas is 10 min from work for me ... :nana2

blueoval01
11-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Heavy on Pappas aint it ????6 of 12 ???Keep in mind Pappas is 10 min from work for me ... :nana2 I didn't even think of you, quite honestly .....
No, Papa's is central to all.
BD is north and Hooters/SA is south.

TP Derrick D
11-21-2003, 09:36 PM
This will be hard coded into the calender, shortly. :cool:
2003 -
December - PaPa's BBQ
2004 -
January - PaPa's BBQ
Feburary - Hooters/South Arlington
March - PaPa's BBQ
April - BoneDaddy's
May - Hooters/South Arlington
June - PaPa's BBQ
July - BoneDaddy's
August - PaPa's BBQ
September - PaPa's BBQ
October - BoneDaddy's
November - PaPa's BBQ
Where is this Papa's BBQ located? :confused:

L8 APEX
11-21-2003, 10:13 PM
It is at Loop 12 an NW Hwy. By the Grand Theater.

99WhiteBeast
11-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Nice E.D. Mark:bows

blueoval01
11-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Nice E.D. Mark:bows Well, I tried Steve.
But, a quick looky at the calender says "No One took too kindly to it". :hammer:

Silver_2000
11-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Well, I tried Steve.
But, a quick looky at the calender says "No One took too kindly to it". :hammer:
I for one appreciate you stepping up and taking the time to organize this.

Looks like a GREAT list - Thanks Again

See you at Papas in a few days..

cpeapea
11-23-2003, 01:56 PM
:tu: i like it

blueoval01
11-23-2003, 02:10 PM
See you at Papas in a few days.. Thanks Doug.
My quick looky this morning only proved that I was still asleep. Thought everything had been deleted.

03LightningRocks
11-23-2003, 02:17 PM

See you at Papas in a few days..

Good job Mark. Stick to the plan you laid out. If you change it now, it will set a bad precedent and it will never end.

See you at Papas....at least the food is edible there. The Bone Daddy meets will give me a chance to loose some weight. Damned, the Bone Daddy's food is sh!ot.

Rocks:tu:

98Cobra
11-23-2003, 02:44 PM
See you at Papas....at least the food is edible there. The Bone Daddy meets will give me a chance to loose some weight. Damned, the Bone Daddy's food is sh!ot.

Man, you must live in an alternate universe. :) I am going to have to eat before the meeting for half of the next year's meetings. :vomit:

Oh well, at least there is a Taco Bell close by...

03LightningRocks
11-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Man, you must live in an alternate universe. :) I am going to have to eat before the meeting for half of the next year's meetings. :vomit:

Oh well, at least there is a Taco Bell close by...

Are you telling me that the food at Papas sux also. I have never eaten there, but figured they can't screw up BBQ.

My one hope is knowing, anyone who can eat the garbage at Taco Bell, may not know good from bad food.:throw:

Rocks:nana2

98Cobra
11-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Are you telling me that the food at Papas sux also. I have never eaten there, but figured they can't screw up BBQ.

My one hope is knowing, anyone who can eat the garbage at Taco Bell, may not know good from bad food.:throw:

That's what I'm sayin'. Look, its not like I never gave Pappa's a chance. :)

As far as Taco Bell, you could also look at it this way: If someone is willing to eat Taco Bell instead, it doesn't bode well for the BBQ!

Mark #2
11-23-2003, 10:24 PM
This will be hard coded into the calender, shortly. :cool:
2003 -
December - PaPa's BBQ
2004 -
January - PaPa's BBQ
Feburary - Hooters/South Arlington
March - PaPa's BBQ
April - BoneDaddy's
May - Hooters/South Arlington
June - PaPa's BBQ
July - BoneDaddy's
August - PaPa's BBQ
September - PaPa's BBQ
October - BoneDaddy's
November - PaPa's BBQ
3 Bonedaddy's, and 6 PaPa's that's just wrong.
Mark

98Cobra
11-23-2003, 11:06 PM
3 Bonedaddy's, and 6 PaPa's that's just wrong.
Mark
Amen to that.

Now don't get me wrong - I am all for moving the location around to be fair to everyone. I just hate Pappa's - its a "how to" for doing BBQ incorrectly. :)

Hopefully it won't take too many food poisionings to alter the calendar a little... :)

Silver_2000
11-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Amen to that.

Now don't get me wrong - I am all for moving the location around to be fair to everyone. I just hate Pappa's - its a "how to" for doing BBQ incorrectly. :)

Hopefully it won't take too many food poisionings to alter the calendar a little... :)
Garrett
Your view of Pappas is VERY clear.
Doug

98Cobra
11-24-2003, 02:06 AM
Garrett
Your view of Pappas is VERY clear.
Doug
Just didn't want there to be any confusion. :d

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 05:00 AM
Just didn't want there to be any confusion. :d

:rll: :rll: :rll:

Crawford
11-24-2003, 10:42 AM
I dont remember a vote on all of these places... where did that list come from??? The food at Paps's BBQ makes Bonedaddys look like Three Forks. I thought we were going to plan two months at a time by voting and balance of location... Damn just when I thought I had saved the club from the gut wrenching food over at Pappas... If we HAVE to keep to this schedule I say we sub other restraunts in the place of pappas from that area, there are plenty others. This just flat out sucks.

Silver_2000
11-24-2003, 11:00 AM
I dont remember a vote on all of these places... where did that list come from??? The food at Paps's BBQ makes Bonedaddys look like Three Forks. I thought we were going to plan two months at a time by voting and balance of location... Damn just when I thought I had saved the club from the gut wrenching food over at Pappas... If we HAVE to keep to this schedule I say we sub other restraunts in the place of pappas from that area, there are plenty others. This just flat out sucks.
OK Here goes
[rant on]
Garrett and Crawford can be counted on to ***** but havent stepped up to help fix the problem they continue to complain about....:Bullshit

blueoval01 went out on a limb and tried to help. I for one appreciate it.
The only thing that would make you guys happy is 12 months of Bonedaddys. Another way to put it - the only meetings you show up at are the bonedaddys ones.....

I think the schedule is fine especially with respect to the parts of town selected. Seems odd that tens of Car clubs meet there on a regular basis. Clubs like the prowler group, viper group, corvette group etc - you would think that they have some degree of taste in food.

If there is another place in that neighborhood that is better we can consider it.

PS - Its **** like this that keeps people from stepping up to help.
[rant off]

Crawford
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Doug... have you been living in a cave for the past few years? Of all the meetings we have had I think I have missed only three and I think that means that I have been to plenty of meeting at places other than Bonedaddys.

As far as b1tching and not trying to help the problem, I have made suggestions in the past for helping to fix the problem and I thought the last plan we had were we were planning two meeting by voting and moving the location around was pretty good.

I think the schedule as far as location is fine also Doug. I just think Pappas is a poor place to have the meetings. So the Viper, Prowler, and Corvette groups go there... then it must be the perfect place! I still have to disagree.

As far as the "sh1t like this" comment... My opinion on this subject is not an attack against Mark. I like Mark. I dont like Pappa's BBQ. The two shouldnt be confused. Its sh1t like what you are talking Doug that make me feel like people dont have a voice in this club regarding the meetings.

All I am trying to suggest is that we sub the Pappas for other restraunts in the area so we can get better food and a better atmosphere.

/rant off :rolleyes:

98Cobra
11-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Oooook...

[rebuttal on]

OK Here goes
[rant on]
Garrett and Crawford can be counted on to ***** but havent stepped up to help fix the problem they continue to complain about....:Bullshit
I tried to get the club to TRY somewhere different, and I got shouted down like I was trying to steer the club to Cabaret Royale. So I don't know what you are talking about...

blueoval01 went out on a limb and tried to help. I for one appreciate it.
The only thing that would make you guys happy is 12 months of Bonedaddys. Another way to put it - the only meetings you show up at are the bonedaddys ones.....

Absoultely not true. I showed up for D&B's, I have driven to Arlington, etc. I am totally behind going to other places besides BoneDaddy's - not just because I like some variety but also because I know that going there all the time is a hardship on the Tarrant County crowd.

I think the schedule is fine especially with respect to the parts of town selected. Seems odd that tens of Car clubs meet there on a regular basis. Clubs like the prowler group, viper group, corvette group etc - you would think that they have some degree of taste in food.

If there is another place in that neighborhood that is better we can consider it.

PS - Its **** like this that keeps people from stepping up to help.
[rant off]
For car clubs, parking is more important than food. Fortunately, that is one thing Pappa's is great for. But you have to wonder why when we meet there, you see maybe a half dozen other cars there the entire time...:tongue:

I guess the disappointment for me was that everyone seemed on board with the idea of scheduling 3 months at a time, instead of a year in advance, and yet here we are. I am not trying to pooh-pooh people stepping up to the plate to help, but I thought this part was already kinda decided. And as for trying me trying to help, I was never asked, and last time I tried it spawned a loooong ass thread for no reason.

[rebuttal off]

Silver_2000
11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
The point was that as soon as some one - anyone steps up to help they or thier ideas get crapped on

I dont care if you guys ***** about the decisions I make - Im used to it - what chaps my hide is when someone else trys to help and they get knocked back by the complaints.

I have asked - begged pleaded for help a number of different ways for help with a number of specific things and have also requested repeatedly for help in general terms.

There is still a sticky in the website forum looking for help - it was originally posted in August of 2002.

The 3 month schedule was a good idea except that it appeared as if it was my responsibilty to pick the places and get them in the calendar.
My suggestion at this point would be for you guys ( since you are the most vocal about the issue ) to work with Blueoval to "optimize" the meeting schedule.

Doug

PS - Mondays SUCK

Crawford
11-24-2003, 12:14 PM
I have had a few of my ideas crapped on too but it doesnt bother me at all. We are all pretty much grown men here. If you throw an idea out there be ready for some feedback and criticism. There is no need to protect anyone. Thats just the order of life I am afraid.

I do everything I can to help out Doug. You have asked for someone to help with web content and management. I offered but I just dont have the skills that you do. I help keep the lists in the ET forum and I pay my dues... thats about all I can do even though I wish I could do more.

I never felt like it was your duty to pick the place. As far as the calendar goes I never really look at it to be honest. There is always a thread that comes up every month to verify the location and that is what I look at.

I think its a great idea to work with Mark on the Pappas situation. I will drive over to that area in the next week or two to get a list of the restraunts that can be alternatives.

PS- This Monday doesnt suck because its a 3 day work week and no one is in the office to break sh1t so its gonna be a great week!

Mark #2
11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
All, love the passion, I'll continue to show up when I'm in town, and continue to help ya'll with parts installs.

I'll post the upcoming Porsche club meetings so we can get some ideas for meeting places. :) Maybe a group Talon, Maverick region, event. I know at least 3 L owners that have Ps too.

Mark #2

andy_cain
11-24-2003, 05:09 PM
All, love the passion, I'll continue to show up when I'm in town, and continue to help ya'll with parts installs.

I'll post the upcoming Porsche club meetings so we can get some ideas for meeting places. :) Maybe a group Talon, Maverick region, event. I know at least 3 L owners that have Ps too.

Mark #2

"DUDE".....that is evil, that is your 666th post :evil :evil
I hope to soon be yet another X-Porsche owner (12th time after this)... :nono: