PDA

View Full Version : i want my exhaust LOUDER

scott015
11-21-2003, 07:44 PM
truck has 40 series cat back... still has stock cats and pre cats.... it doesnt sound bad at all, but i want it even louder... :d

if i were to remove the pre cats and install a X pipe, how much a difference would that be? also, how much on average would a muffler shop charge to do that???

and one more question.... would that pass emmisions test next time around to get inspected?

StormShadow
11-21-2003, 08:12 PM
I think you should listen to other peoples truck's , find which one you like and see what they have.

cpeapea
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
long tubes are always nice

02BOLT
11-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Call Terry(Performance Research), he can hook you up with anything as simple as a "Loudmouth" cat-back, to a fully cooked Long Tube set up. His exhausts are Quality.:tu: Come to one of our gatherings, and get yourself an earfull!

Later,
Rob:burnout:

L8 APEX
11-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Come to a meeting and hear them all first. Removing cats hurts bottom end power and doesn't make it much louder. An X-pipe usually tames the sound as well. Either different mufflers or hi flow cats will make it louder, both are $350 or about..

my2002lightning
11-22-2003, 09:57 AM
Scott,

If your looking for louder, go with Terry's/PR Loud-Mouth exhaust.

I went from stock/quiet to pretty healthy/LOUD with Terry's setup.

Make the next meeting and you can check it out.

Ronald

Nuhklz
11-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Scott,

If your looking for louder, go with Terry's/PR Loud-Mouth exhaust.

I went from stock/quiet to pretty healthy/LOUD with Terry's setup.

Make the next meeting and you can check it out.

Ronald

Terry does quality work on the exhaust and can get you where you want to be as far as volume. I did the mild and am very pleased with the sound and the change in performance.

I haven't turned the stereo on yet because the engine provides all the music I want to hear.