PDA

View Full Version : What is everyones opinion of the Predator

03LightningRocks
11-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Does anyone have any inside info on these things? It looks like it might be a fun tool, if you can get some increased ranges to experiment with.

Rocks

cpeapea
11-22-2003, 11:31 PM
probably be pretty easy to blow something up with one

03'svtlight
11-23-2003, 12:39 AM
[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
Does anyone have any inside info on these things? It looks like it might be a fun tool, if you can get some increased ranges to experiment with.

Rocks
[SIZE=1]
I should have mine fri. Its supposed to be very powerful in terms of adjusting/monitoring just about everything. The coolest part about it to me is in a few weeks dealers like RWTD and JLP will be able to e-mail custom files to your home pc. From that you can download it into the predator and of course to your truck. You can also adjust fuel and timing. That would be very beneficial with dyno tuning........ :beer:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2003, 02:37 AM
[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
[SIZE=1]
I should have mine fri. Its supposed to be very powerful in terms of adjusting/monitoring just about everything. The coolest part about it to me is in a few weeks dealers like RWTD and JLP will be able to e-mail custom files to your home pc. From that you can download it into the predator and of course to your truck. You can also adjust fuel and timing. That would be very beneficial with dyno tuning........ :beer:
Cool, we get a first hand accounting of it. I am real interested in the monitoring aspects of it. I asked a question on the thread at NLOC, but no answer yet.

I am curious about how many different programs(tunes) the predator will hold at the same time.

My only hesitation with it is the small changes to the timing and fuel trims it allows. The amount of room it is allowing is real darned small.

Rocks

03'svtlight
11-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Cool, we get a first hand accounting of it. I am real interested in the monitoring aspects of it. I asked a question on the thread at NLOC, but no answer yet.

I am curious about how many different programs(tunes) the predator will hold at the same time.

My only hesitation with it is the small changes to the timing and fuel trims it allows. The amount of room it is allowing is real darned small.

Rocks
Thats only to protect the average joe from blowing his truck up. As far as tunes go, You must download the ORIGINAL (base) tune (that you swap from your truck) to your pc. From that point, you e-mail it to RWTD or JLP for modifications. I not sure how much this is gonna cost, but its gonna definitely be cheaper and faster than reburns. So the answer to your question Ron is it can hold only three tunes but all of which are fully adjustable.But I really dont know if you would want anything more than the "pulley tune" thats in it. The reason why I say that is because that tune is also fully adjustable. So on a dyno you could tweak on it till its right. But on the other hand you could have one tune modified for track only, and load that one in at the track. It only takes 3min. to load a program, so thats not an issue either. Im supposed to let Doug (SILVER2000) take a look at it on fri. Maybe we can all meet somewhere. :beer:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Thats only to protect the average joe from blowing his truck up. As far as tunes go, You must download the ORIGINAL (base) tune (that you swap from your truck) to your pc. From that point, you e-mail it to RWTD or JLP for modifications. I not sure how much this is gonna cost, but its gonna definitely be cheaper and faster than reburns. So the answer to your question Ron is it can hold only three tunes but all of which are fully adjustable. Im supposed to let Doug (SILVER2000) take a look at it on fri. Maybe we can all meet somewhere. :beer:
If it will hold 3 tunes of my choosing, that will work. I would want one for the street and cool weather, one aggressive street, and then the last one for 100 octane very aggressive.

I noticed the thread I put my question in has been posted to, but I haven't read it yet. Maybe I have an answer or two.

Rocks

03'svtlight
11-23-2003, 02:00 PM
If it will hold 3 tunes of my choosing, that will work. I would want one for the street and cool weather, one aggressive street, and then the last one for 100 octane very aggressive.

I noticed the thread I put my question in has been posted to, but I haven't read it yet. Maybe I have an answer or two.

Rocks
I added more to my last thread RON.

03LightningRocks
11-23-2003, 02:10 PM
I added more to my last thread RON.

No answer on the NLOC thread yet. The vendor that posted the thread must have a life...LOL.

The Superchips custom tuner is suppose to be on it's way also. It sounds like it may have potential also. I don't mind owning both.

As far as adjustability of the basic program goes, adding or subtracting 10% is not enough to hardly affect your H.P./Torque.

Think about it for a second, even at 15 degrees timing, you can only go up to 16.5, if your lucky. To have the ability to actually tune your truck, you need more play room than that.

Now if I can choose the 3 programs, I can choose 3 with enough variables to be able to go up and down quite a bit.

Rocks

03'svtlight
11-23-2003, 04:02 PM
[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]
No answer on the NLOC thread yet. The vendor that posted the thread must have a life...LOL.

The Superchips custom tuner is suppose to be on it's way also. It sounds like it may have potential also. I don't mind owning both.

As far as adjustability of the basic program goes, adding or subtracting 10% is not enough to hardly affect your H.P./Torque.

Think about it for a second, even at 15 degrees timing, you can only go up to 16.5, if your lucky. To have the ability to actually tune your truck, you need more play room than that.

Now if I can choose the 3 programs, I can choose 3 with enough variables to be able to go up and down quite a bit.

Rocks
[COLOR=Black]
you will be able to :tu: Trai

my2002lightning
11-23-2003, 06:15 PM

Rocks
Ron, et.al.,

I saw this TALON thread on the Predator first and then 2nd on f150online.com.

So, I thought this might lend a little insight:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137024&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Ronald

03'svtlight
11-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Ron, et.al.,

I saw this TALON thread on the Predator first and then 2nd on f150online.com.

So, I thought this might lend a little insight:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137024&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Ronald
I really dont think warranty is REALLY an issue with all of us... Hell, we probably threw that away when we installed the pulley!! But I will say this, powerwise, the "pulley tune" it offers is probably right along the lines of an over-the-counter chip. It also serves as a diagnostic tool also, just about eliminating dealership trips in the form of trying to find out why your check engine light is on. For me, personally unless I bought slicks and tried to squeeze every ounce of power out of it, I'm probably gonna be ok with the tune thats in it. But for others like Rob and Ron, if there is more power to be had, it could be found on the dyno right then and there. Like I said before, I really cant say just how much e-mailed tunes are gonna cost but its gotta be cheaper than chip re-burns. I also can get them (the predator) at a better than advertised price. There is no financial gain for me on this, just passing the savings on to my fellow TALON friends. Because of you guys, and your willingness to share info, my truck runs pretty damn go now, so if anyone is interested in getting one of these, you must PM me for the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 04:58 AM
.......I really dont think warranty is REALLY an issue with all of us...
Warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need no stinkin warranty.

Rocks

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need no stinkin warranty.

Rocks
Well, I couldn't control myself. I just ordered the damned thing from RWTD. He is going to set me up with a few choice race tunes, based on dyno results I get done. I like the monitoring capabilities of it also.

I am sure I'll buy the SCT when it comes out too. You just can't have to many toys'.

Rocks:nana2

blueoval01
11-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Well, I couldn't control myself.............. Ron, you crack me up. :rll:
Did this lack of control happen after you changed your Avatar description to "stud".

Don't tell me you got lucky last night? :eek2:
:d

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Ron, you crack me up. :rll:
Did this lack of control happen after you changed your Avatar description to "stud".

Don't tell me you got lucky last night? :eek2:
:d
I figured Stud was better than "slick stealer":nono: .

Rocks

dboat
11-24-2003, 09:12 PM
I figured Stud was better than "slick stealer":nono: .

Rocks
hmm, how about slick stud?:evil

Dana

blueoval01
11-24-2003, 09:25 PM

Dana :rll:
I'm die'n here ........

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 10:16 PM

Dana