PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Chip

anglerx007
11-24-2003, 11:23 AM
The 04 L is tuned for 91 octane. I assume this means the factory installed chip is optimized for this octane. If an after-market chip "diablo" were installed which was programmed for 93 octane would there be a noticable difference? Other than select 7-11 stores where else is 91 octane available. If I primarilly run 93 anyway why not get chipped? Also, is it true that the factory chip shuts 4 cylinders off just before the shift point to avoid excessive stress on the u-joints? With steady accelaration 0-80 you can almost hear a difference just before each shift, has anyone else noticed this?

03'svtlight
11-24-2003, 12:11 PM
The 04 L is tuned for 91 octane. I assume this means the factory installed chip is optimized for this octane. If an after-market chip "diablo" were installed which was programmed for 93 octane would there be a noticable difference? Other than select 7-11 stores where else is 91 octane available. If I primarilly run 93 anyway why not get chipped? Also, is it true that the factory chip shuts 4 cylinders off just before the shift point to avoid excessive stress on the u-joints? With steady accelaration 0-80 you can almost hear a difference just before each shift, has anyone else noticed this?
Get a diablo predator programmer. This should net you about 30 to 40hp to the wheels. Plus no need to pull your pcm out like you have to with a chip. :beer:

anglerx007
11-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Get a diablo predator programmer. This should net you about 30 to 40hp to the wheels. Plus no need to pull your pcm out like you have to with a chip. :beer:

Does this predator programmer modify the factory installed program?

dboat
11-24-2003, 06:46 PM
I have the microtuner from JDM. I think I got those kind of numbers from it without a pulley... it is a warm tune but it did give me a seat of the pants difference in the way it runs..

just my thoughts,
Dana