PDA

View Full Version : Event Ideas?

tliss
11-30-2003, 11:13 AM
I need your help. I have volunteered to be event coordinator and need your ideas for the type of events you would most be interested in. There are several different events a lot of us particlpate in every year (TALON Fall Classic, charity laps at TMS, FFW, LightningFest, etc), but we need to possibly add a few new and different things to the agenda to add some variety. Please provide your thoughts and ideas on some events that you would like to be involved in, or that you have heard of that might be fun for the group. I'll put some feelers out there and find some events that match what we would like to do, and keep everyone updated.

Thanks,
Tom

L1nt2B
11-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Personaly I like shows, speed is just a byproduct and has lead me to the tracks but a combo show & Go would be great! to host an event like that would take at least a year of planning though.

99WhiteBeast
11-30-2003, 11:47 AM
How about a "toys for tots" type cruise or something- there are many local clubs that do something of this type.

A 20 to 50 mile cruise and then end up at a local charity or hospital and donate a toy or gift.
Its that time of year to think about those less fortunate and its the least we can do for terrorizing the streets:tu:

L8 APEX
11-30-2003, 11:51 AM
I wanted to do a cruise to but figured it was too late. Not to mention that I had nothing to drive. What about the CTC cruise we did last year? It was a bit corny but functional.

99WhiteBeast
11-30-2003, 12:35 PM
I wanted to do a cruise to but figured it was too late. Not to mention that I had nothing to drive. What about the CTC cruise we did last year? It was a bit corny but functional.
The CTC gig would work again to piggyback on that as long as the route is scouted out before hand- damn grader almost ran me off the road last year:eek2:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5208&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

But being part of the Christmas parade in Anna was priceless

Sixpipes
11-30-2003, 01:05 PM
I know I'm speaking for Logan when I say that a nice SCCA Autocross event would work. :cool:

PoorSvtman
12-02-2003, 09:36 AM
How about a "toys for tots" type cruise or something- there are many local clubs that do something of this type.

A 20 to 50 mile cruise and then end up at a local charity or hospital and donate a toy or gift.
Its that time of year to think about those less fortunate and its the least we can do for terrorizing the streets:tu:

Im up for that. Or any cruise for that matter.

Shiner1
12-02-2003, 10:43 AM
I have a few in's with the marketing folks at Cook Children's (It also helps that I work there) maybe we can do a cruise for toys or cash and donate for the kids. We are always looking for toys, clothes, food items for the less fortunate or those kids staying at Ronald Mc house. Let me know how I can help.

John

tliss
12-02-2003, 10:55 AM
I have a few in's with the marketing folks at Cook Children's (It also helps that I work there) maybe we can do a cruise for toys or cash and donate for the kids. We are always looking for toys, clothes, food items for the less fortunate or those kids staying at Ronald Mc house. Let me know how I can help.

John
Can something be organized on such short notice? I'm not sure how much inside and outside participation we would get without this being organized yet, but I'll leave that to your judgement. It might be best to join one that is all ready in existence this year and start planning for next year. Thoughts?

Tom

98Cobra
12-02-2003, 11:51 AM
When I had a sport bike we did a couple of interesting things. We organized a trip to Dublin and toured the Dr. Pepper plant during a day long cruise around the Hill Country, and another time we went and toured the Commanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, which was pretty cool too. I wouldn't mind some sort of cruise to some of the more backwater places we haven't seen before, maybe to look for some actual, good, BBQ. :cool:

StormShadow
12-02-2003, 03:33 PM
98Cobra that sounds like a great idea! I would love to take some trips to some backwood winding roads and seeing some small towns in Texas.

99WhiteBeast
12-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Indoor cart racing:tu: or whirrly ball (ja lai basketball in bumper cars):bows

Crawford
12-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Tom and I had discussed doing a little lunch action at Bonedaddys for the North Dallas guys. How about Monday 12/15 at 11-11:30am? That's one way to brighten up a Monday! :banana:

StormShadow
12-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Paintball? Hunting trip? Sporting event (Mavs game etc.)