PDA

View Full Version : New here and need some help

Avalanche
11-30-2003, 03:31 PM
I was sent over here by Ken Cryder and I would like to see what you guys have to say. Ron knows who I am also. I am having some denotation problems with my 01 between the 4800 and 5600 RPM mark, this happens after I shift from first to second and then I will get out of it and then get back into it. Sometimes it does it again and sometimes it does not.

I went out to Denton last night and I ran it twice down the track and I heard it around the 330' mark and I got out of it, both times. Being that I got out of it I only ran a 8.5 both times, this made me feel like dog chit.

I was told that Terry was the best to do programing and I am really tired of the Diablo chip that I have from JLP and he just can't seem to get the program right so I am thinking of going with a Superchip and then having a 100 or 150 shot put on it also.

Any help would be apprechiate and I would be glad to tell you everything I have moded out on my bady.

Thanks for the help in advance.

L8 APEX
11-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Sounds like the chip has a little too much timing in it. Is it a race or agressive tune? I would replace the fuel filter and use 2-3 gallons of 100 octane race fuel. If it stops the detonation then it is probably the tune. Both chips are good, it is the person writing the file that makes them worth a **** or not. Hope that bit helps. If you catch me at the track I will let you borrow a SC to see if it works any better.:tu:

Avalanche
11-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Terry I am going to have a reburn on a SC I have made up my mind I have ran 104 and 110 and they both do the same I agree that it is a timing issue and I need the best that is why I came to you.