PDA

View Full Version : Official TALON Fall Classic Convoy Thread (Dallas)

Crawford
11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
The event is nearly upon us. Its time to start discussing the convoy.
What time do we need to head out?
Should we meet at the IHOP @ I75 and Spring Valley next to Bonedaddy's again?

Silver_2000
11-30-2003, 05:22 PM
why not meet at sonic in balch springs like the old days ???

That way we include the folks from other parts of DFW

03LightningRocks
11-30-2003, 05:58 PM
why not meet at sonic in balch springs like the old days ???

That way we include the folks from other parts of DFW

Maybe a combination of both. Anyone who wants to eat at IHOP could meet up there early enough to get to the Balch Springs location in time for the big convoy.:beer:

Rocks

Crawford
11-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Track opens at 11am according to Dennis. Should we meet at IHOP around 8:30?

03LightningRocks
11-30-2003, 06:28 PM
Track opens at 11am according to Dennis. Should we meet at IHOP around 8:30?
That may or may not be early enough. It is about 2.5 hours to Hallsville. By the time we eat and then get to Balch springs....it could easily be 9:30.

The leave time from Balch springs should be around 8:30, in order to make the track by opening. Time for the truck to cool and then race time at 12.

Rocks

02BOLT
11-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Where is Balch Springs? I'm assuming on the East side of Dallas somewhere. There are several of us S. Arlington players that would like to convoy with the whole group (myself, Alpine, jcblack, Autothrottle etc...), but we'd need to meet up somewhere east of town...Mesquite/Forney area....somewhere around I-20/635 out there. Just hoping we can hook up and all roll out there together.:tu: The convoy is half the fun.:D Keep us informed.

Later,
Rob:burnout:

L1nt2B
11-30-2003, 07:14 PM
how about the cracker barrel in mesquite around 7:30?

02BOLT
11-30-2003, 10:15 PM
how about the cracker barrel in mesquite around 7:30?
Sounds like a plan to me.:tu: Where exactly is it located(which exit etc..). That would put us on the road by 8:30, which is what we'd need in order to get to Hallsville by the time they open the gates at 11:00. I'll try to coordinate the guys down here throughout the week, as I talk to several of them daily anyway.

L1nt2B
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
its the oats / Galloway exit, you will see it on the right as you exit and you have to come back down on that side street there (I forget the name) to get to it

How about a list of who all want to meet there, so we know who to wait for or not.
1. L1nt2B

Silver_2000
11-30-2003, 10:37 PM
The sonic is right at the east edge of DFW - Right before you get on 20

Elam exit of 635 going south on 635 get off on elam and go under the hwy - the sonic is up one light on the left

Sonic Drive-In
3628 Shepherd Ln, Balch Springs, TX 75180
Phone: (972) 286-3873

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=7654389&ck=3030731383&tab=B2C&tcat=8903827&city=Balch+Springs&state=TX&country=us&msa=1920&slt=32.728519&sln=-96.622665&cs=4&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0

03LightningRocks
12-01-2003, 12:16 AM
The sonic is right at the east edge of DFW - Right before you get on 20

Elam exit of 635 going south on 635 get off on elam and go under the hwy - the sonic is up one light on the left

Sonic Drive-In
3628 Shepherd Ln, Balch Springs, TX 75180
Phone: (972) 286-3873

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=7654389&ck=3030731383&tab=B2C&tcat=8903827&city=Balch+Springs&state=TX&country=us&msa=1920&slt=32.728519&sln=-96.622665&cs=4&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0

The Sonic doesn't serve breakfast......LOL. I am thinking the "West Siders" are on to something here. We could all eat breakfast together, and then head out.

It sounds like a good start to the day.....

Rocks:beer:

diablolightning
12-01-2003, 12:51 AM
The Sonic doesn't serve breakfast......

They do:nono: and from what i heard it is pretty decent.:beer:

03LightningRocks
12-01-2003, 01:05 AM
They do:nono: and from what i heard it is pretty decent.:beer:
I suppose it's all in what you call breakfast....:twitch: .
I'll go along with however the majority votes. Just so my arse is driving down 20 by 8:30 A.M.

Rocks:evil

Crawford
12-01-2003, 10:17 PM
I am still down for meeting at the IHOP on I75 and Spring Valley like we usually do. Anyone else interested?

We can eat breakfast then possibly join everyone else at Sonic.

What time is everyone planning on meeting at the Sonic?

I know the track opens at 11am but does that mean we need to be there at 11 or will our stuff start a little later?

02BOLT
12-01-2003, 10:41 PM
I am still down for meeting at the IHOP on I75 and Spring Valley like we usually do. Anyone else interested?

We can eat breakfast then possibly join everyone else at Sonic.

What time is everyone planning on meeting at the Sonic?

I know the track opens at 11am but does that mean we need to be there at 11 or will our stuff start a little later?
In order to get as many time trials in as possible, which will give you a better idea of how to dial your truck in for eliminations, it would be ideal to get there when they open the gates so you have time to change tires, set the truck up, and allow it to cool off from the 2 plus hour drive out there.:tu:

Crawford
12-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Look at the big brain on Rob!!! :D

I agree. Soooo what time should we meet at IHOP (if anyone is interested) to make it to the track by 11am?

L1nt2B
12-03-2003, 08:25 AM
so has this thing been settled? if we are meeting at the I hop off of 75 then I will just see yall at hallsville cause that would be a back track for me. Thats why I thought Mesquite was a good Idea, because everyone is goingto have to go through there to get to Hallsville.

03LightningRocks
12-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Look at the big brain on Rob!!! :D

I agree. Soooo what time should we meet at IHOP (if anyone is interested) to make it to the track by 11am?

It looks like the leaving point is Sonic in Balch Springs. The train leaves Sonic at 8:30.

I'll probably eat breakfast out that way so I can be to the Sonic by 8:30.

A couple of guys mentioned cracker barrel, that is probably where I'll eat and then zip over to Sonic for the convoy.
I'll be there at 7:30, if anyone else is still eating there, I'll see ya there.

Rocks

L1nt2B
12-03-2003, 11:13 AM
I will see ya at the crackhead barrel

diablolightning
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Where is the craker barrel?

is that a wh!te thing??:throw:

jk
Miguel

03LightningRocks
12-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Where is the craker barrel?

is that a wh!te thing??:throw:

jk
Miguel

We'll find a Taco Bell nearby, so you can get something to eat too.

02BOLT
12-03-2003, 10:51 PM
its the oats / Galloway exit, you will see it on the right as you exit and you have to come back down on that side street there (I forget the name) to get to it

How about a list of who all want to meet there, so we know who to wait for or not.
1. L1nt2B

I'll be at the Cracker Barrel between 7:15-7:30, and will probably have Alpine with me....right Jeffrey? From there we'll hook up with those that want to eat Sonic in Balch Springs!:tu:

Later,

BTW....Crawford, I'd reply to your "big brain" comment, but I don't wanna smack talk the guy that moderates the ET List...:tongue:

diablolightning
12-03-2003, 11:09 PM
We'll find a Taco Bell nearby, so you can get something to eat too.

You call taco shmmbell food?:eek2: There was rat meat found in the food I few mo. ago. Nothin but BUeno over here.:tu:

JK I rather call my mama or an ant to go over and have some real food.

:eek: SPEAKING OF FOOD AND TACOS!! what food is there at the track or has anyone had ideas as in to cook etc. Some Fajitas sound good:rolleyes: . I wouldn't mind bringing along a grill or what not and stopping by to get some b@d@ss fajitas for a little BBQ. Unless there are plans.

Marinated fajitas are going for about $2-3 a pound, but are the SHIZZZNE.:bows

Alpine
12-03-2003, 11:23 PM
I'll be at the Cracker Barrel between 7:15-7:30, and will probably have Alpine with me....right Jeffrey? From there we'll hook up with those that want to eat Sonic in Balch Springs!:tu:

Later,

BTW....Crawford, I'd reply to your "big brain" comment, but I don't wanna smack talk the guy that moderates the ET List...:tongue:
The xo concurs.

03LightningRocks
12-03-2003, 11:35 PM
You call taco shmmbell food?:eek2: There was rat meat found in the food I few mo. ago. Nothin but BUeno over here.:tu:

JK I rather call my mama or an ant to go over and have some real food.

:eek: SPEAKING OF FOOD AND TACOS!! what food is there at the track or has anyone had ideas as in to cook etc. Some Fajitas sound good:rolleyes: . I wouldn't mind bringing along a grill or what not and stopping by to get some b@d@ss fajitas for a little BBQ. Unless there are plans.

Marinated fajitas are going for about $2-3 a pound, but are the SHIZZZNE.:bowsThey have food at the track....burgers, dogs, nachos, drinks...that kind of stuff. It's pretty cheap too.

I thought about the grille thing too, but kind of blew it off when I got sick yesterday. My throat feels like someone took a cheese grater to it. I haven't felt like doing ****.( whats with this censorship deal???? So we can type ******* all day long, but we can't type what comes out of an *******:D )

I have missed 2 days of work. My boss is a big ******* about this kind of stuff. I hope that SOB doesn't fire me...:evil

If we can get some particapation on this, I am game. We just need everyone to chump in to help pay.

02BOLT
12-03-2003, 11:41 PM
I'll gladly fork over a few greenbacks in the name of some grillage!:beer:

diablolightning
12-05-2003, 12:04 AM
sound good.
I'm not gonna be racing:crying: (havn't baught another L) but it is all go for me.
I'm gonna watch/cry but I'll have some fun:rolleyes: .
Oh well I can BBQ fajitas! and someone else prolly is a master chef too:beer:

99WhiteBeast
12-05-2003, 12:39 AM
sound good.
I'm not gonna be racing:crying: (havn't baught another L) but it is all go for me.
Tony has been known to be a master at the fajitas- not sure if he's coming. I'll gladly pitch in Miguel so "bring it"

99WhiteBeast
12-05-2003, 12:48 AM
Let's get this shindig nailed down for the folks that may be lurking and are confused:confused:

Breakfast 7:15-7:30
One group at IHOP 75/Spring Valley
Another group at Crackerbarrel Oats/Galloway exit/635

Convoy departs 8:30 sharp from Sonic in Balch Springs
(Elam exit of 635 going south on 635 get off on elam and go under the hwy - the sonic is up one light on the left)

From there I20 east (2.5 hours to mecca)- no detours this year:nono:

my2002lightning
12-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Let's get this shindig nailed down for the folks that may be lurking and are confused:confused:

Breakfast 7:15-7:30
One group at IHOP 75/Spring Valley
Another group at Crackerbarrel Oats/Galloway exit/635

Convoy departs 8:30 sharp from Sonic in Balch Springs
(Elam exit of 635 going south on 635 get off on elam and go under the hwy - the sonic is up one light on the left)

From there I20 east (2.5 hours to mecca)- no detours this year:nono:TALON,

Go fast and "keep 'er 'tween the ditches" from DFW to Hallsville and back-again!:nana2

I'll be thinking of ya'll while I'm studying up on my software for upcoming interviews and while we're at the Pampered Chef / Candle Light party. :crying::rolleyes:

Ronald

PS: No shutting down any interstates this time! :nono: :d

03LightningRocks
12-05-2003, 11:06 AM
sound good.

Do you need me to bring propane for the grille or anything else.

I'm in and ready to Anti Up for some Fajitas.....

Fajita's......http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/22673.gif

Rocks

Frank02L
12-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Do you need me to bring propane for the grille or anything else.

I'm in and ready to Anti Up for some Fajitas.....

Fajita's......http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/22673.gif

Rocks

Did somebody say Fajitas????? What do the few of us coming from Arkinsaw need to bring down? Just some chip in money and appetites? Or do we need to bring our own food? :D

Mark #2
12-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Okay,

I read this thread twice and don't know where we are meeting and time.
I'm thinking 8:30 at Elam road?
Mark

Silver_2000
12-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Okay,

I read this thread twice and don't know where we are meeting and time.
I'm thinking 8:30 at Elam road?
Mark
sounds good

diablolightning
12-06-2003, 02:20 AM
ok guys for those that check in the morn.I am going to ride with a buddy of mine and can't bring a grill with me (it's an eclips) but I shurly would bring some fajitas although the meat market ( all ready and seasoned.. bad @ss sh!t) is closed. I will season some up at the track.
they'll be good, but

before I get my sh!t together in the morn can someone bring a grill??:rolleyes:
justa simple charcoal or gas doesn't matter. I'll stop at the meat market in the morn as it is by Ihop.

we are eating B-fast at ihop right? Rocks, Wayne anyone:confused:

I'll bring some drinks not very many. But I need to know someone can take a grill for sure.:hammer: .

Thx
Miguel