PDA

View Full Version : 2 Threads worth reading

Silver_2000
12-02-2003, 02:03 AM
http://www.haloclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7427 and

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134185

If you have a 6# or larger pulley and your chip is nit a MILD tune - pull out your wallet and see if you have $6000 - If you do have fun .. If not you might want to goto dyno or call your tuner and make sure the tune is safe.

If you hear detonation dont run the truck.

If you are going to Hallsville to race
You will see most of the guys who have been around a whiile will be running a few gallons of 104 octane "just in case"

Public Service announcemnet by Silver_2000

Mark #2
12-02-2003, 04:46 PM

Doug,
I can't hear any detonation, so okay right?;)

Silver_2000
12-02-2003, 05:05 PM

Doug,
I can't hear any detonation, so okay right?;)
:rll: :rll: :rll:

noelvm
12-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Well I loved one vendor's reply blaming it on bad rods. I figured it out. God hates Diablo because they're named after satan so he makes sure that all the moded trucks with Diablo chips get the engines with the bad rods. :rll: :rll: :rll:

noelvm

4lb lower, jdm and psp chips, 100,000 and racing this weekend. :D (my last race.)

andy_cain
12-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Well I loved one vendor's reply blaming it on bad rods. I figured it out. God hates Diablo because they're named after satan so he makes sure that all the moded trucks with Diablo chips get the engines with the bad rods. :rll: :rll: :rll:

noelvm

4lb lower, jdm and psp chips, 100,000 and racing this weekend. :D (my last race.)

Do you seriously have 100K on your Lightning???? :eek2:
How many of those miles are with mods?
What year and how hard do you use it?

Damn, I may have to make mine a daily driver after all..... :nono:

Frank02L
12-02-2003, 09:27 PM
You will see most of the guys who have been around a whiile will be running a few gallons of 104 octane "just in case"

I will be running pure 101 octane, just in case. Actually thats the way I always race it. Well nearly always. I'm running alot more than just a 6# lower. It pings like a mofo on the street side in this weather, but thats a simple fix, no boost.

Frank-43k miles and counting daily driver (modded 41k of them), soon to be in the 11s :D

noelvm
12-02-2003, 09:29 PM
No I don't have 100,000; I have 104,000. I started modding it the first year, its a 99. I have the JDM complete exhaust, 4 lb lower, 90 mm maf, 373 gears, 2200 stall, cal tracs and oh over 3,000 passes at my 1/8 drag strip. 38 points races in Street Stock this year and I led from the first race and won Track Champion Street Stock this year. With open tnt til 9 pm so I figure I avg 10 passes a night plus car club and a couple of trips to HRP and a few other places. The first two years I raced it three days a week.

We replaced the clutches in the tranny last summer, counter on the rear end about 18 months ago, plugs and oil, that's about it, oh and just recently fuel pumps. Driven 70+ miles a day, five days a week. Mobil one 10w30 every 4-5000 miles. :D. Fuel filter every 5,000 miles. (Fuel filters and 104 do not get along well together)

noelvm

andy_cain
12-02-2003, 09:33 PM
No I don't have 100,000; I have 104,000. I started modding it the first year, its a 99. I have the JDM complete exhaust, 4 lb lower, 90 mm maf, 373 gears, 2200 stall, cal tracs and oh over 3,000 passes at my 1/8 drag strip. 38 races this year open tnt til 9 pm so I figure I avg 10 passes a night plus car club and a couple of trips to HRP and a few other places. The first two years I raced it three days a week.

We replaced the clutches in the tranny last summer, counter on the rear end about 18 months ago, plugs and oil, that's about it, oh and just recently fuel pumps. Driven 70+ miles a day, five days a week.

noelvm

Damn man...that is cool :tu:
What is it running now (1/4)?
All of that is with the stock block?
No plug launches either?

I bet it was made on a Wednesday :twitch:

noelvm
12-02-2003, 09:39 PM
It ran a 12.58 in the quarter this year. I have been babying it the last few months because it had a problem and I couldn't locate it. Turned out to be the fuel pumps. It's never puked a plug because I do them myself and I know how to tighten them 1/8 once they bottom out. And the Lord helps me. I will not race it anymore after this weekend until it gets completely rebuilt and I do not have the money. I can't afford to blow it up as it is my only running vehicle at the moment. Sad but true.

noelvm

03'svtlight
12-02-2003, 10:03 PM
http://www.haloclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7427 and

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134185

If you have a 6# or larger pulley and your chip is nit a MILD tune - pull out your wallet and see if you have $6000 - If you do have fun .. If not you might want to goto dyno or call your tuner and make sure the tune is safe.

excellent Doug!!! Good reading material.. Still havent got my predator yet. I guess the holiday pushed me back. Maybe 2morrow. Will still bring it out your way fri. so you can check it out. Gotta go to the Vogue warehouse to pick up some caddy tires........ :tu: Trai