PDA

View Full Version : Foglights

TP Derrick D
12-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I looked but didn't see anywhere a discussion on this subject. Do the fogs in the Harley or Gator replace as direct fit for the L ? I plan to finally replace my '00 ones to '01 up to match the headlights. I seen here the one post about Karkraft. I'm planning a run to Waco (TX Mustangs) and was going to pick up a pair of their clear ones. Plan to take my broken L fog along to try and pop out the old ,pop in the new. If that works I'll still have the factory bracket without having to modify the '01 up bracket to fit . :confused:

99WhiteBeast
12-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Derrick,
Not sure on those but I continue to buy the 90-93 GT lens from TX Mustang.
The price is right at 17.95 each

TXBLU
12-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Derrick,
Steve,

Do those go over the stock housings? Will they fit an '02?

Eric

TP Derrick D
12-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Derrick,
Right Steve, I'm aware of the replacement 87-93 Mustang GT and the '99-'00 L fogs are the same lens.However the bracket for them differ from the '01 up L bracket. I plan to put in the clear lens but not sure if the diameter of the clear 01 up is the same as the '99-00. I want to keep my factory '00 bracket to avoid any modifying if possible. If not ,I still plan to get the 01 up put in .Tony 2000 has done the change and at FFW he said he would help me with the change. I just want to take the best/simplest way for it to be done. The Harley fogs looks to be the same size as the Cobra. Not sure about the Navi"Gator". The factory '99-00, '87-93 Mustang GT fogs can be bought at USA Motorsports in Arlington, I don't need to go to Waco for them. But they have not been selling the clear ones- YET. :confused: Anyway Thanks guys.

99WhiteBeast
12-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Steve,

Do those go over the stock housings? Will they fit an '02?

EricEric,
I'm not sure- I know the 99/00 are the same but not sure on years greater than that.

If your coming to the meeting Thursday I can bring an old cracked set or 8:eek2: and you can have it to try out.

TP Derrick D
12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Eric,
I'm not sure- I know the 99/00 are the same but not sure on years greater than that.

If your coming to the meeting Thursday I can bring an old cracked set or 8:eek2: and you can have it to try out.
OK guys,got the clear fogs from Late Model Mustang Restoration in Waco and the lens is the same size but all the components that make them work is different.The hot & ground wire ,the little wire clip that holds the foglight bulb inside the lens is different and of course the plug that plugs the foglight in the truck is different. So is there a quick & easy way to convert them to work? Tony 2000 I still have your number to give you a call if I need to.

TXBLU
12-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Steve, I couldn't make it Thursday. Had to go to Cancun and party, party, party. Rode a Wave Runner out in the Caribbean on Saturday. The swells 1/2 mile off shore were about 8 feet high! Talk about catchin' some air! One of these days I'll figure out an alternative to my stock lights. I hate drivin' around with cracked lenses...

Thanks,

E

TP Derrick D
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
OK guys,got the clear fogs from Late Model Mustang Restoration in Waco and the lens is the same size but all the components that make them work is different.The hot & ground wire ,the little wire clip that holds the foglight bulb inside the lens is different and of course the plug that plugs the foglight in the truck is different. So is there a quick & easy way to convert them to work? Tony 2000 I still have your number to give you a call if I need to.
Well finally after 4 weeks sitting in my garage and L I got the clear fogs put in to matck the clear heads I put in almost a year ago. Had my crew chief do them for me. Since these was for 87-93 Stang GT,he had to cut the pigtail off the L and slice it onto the clear one.Did excellent job looks as if factory.
So Wayne or anyone else that has the 99-00 and need that job done get a message to me and he can hook it up.By the way he's a certified ASE Ford tech so he's legit.Works as a insurance claims rep or something like that now. Use to turn wrenches at Don Davis(on 360),Nichols Ford, Arlington Motorsports,Super Shops(before out of business) and Don Davis body shop.Turn wrenches in his house garage now for a select few.Hes a lot like Terry, pays attention to detail and do things right the first time :tu:

andy_cain
01-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Derrick:
After you replaced them, can you swap the bulb out with the Sylvania bulb to give it that "HID" look?
What does the total conversion cost (parts and labor) ?
That has been on my "to do list" for some time now and I want to get it done with the 9005 bulbs at the same time (i have the bulbs already)
I have the headlight bulbs swapped out to the 9007's but it look ghetto when I turn the olf yellow looking fogs on with the crisp blue headlights.

Terry: is this something you do? (can/will)

TP Derrick D
01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Derrick:
After you replaced them, can you swap the bulb out with the Sylvania bulb to give it that "HID" look?
What does the total conversion cost (parts and labor) ?
That has been on my "to do list" for some time now and I want to get it done with the 9005 bulbs at the same time (i have the bulbs already)
I have the headlight bulbs swapped out to the 9007's but it look ghetto when I turn the olf yellow looking fogs on with the crisp blue headlights.

Terry: is this something you do? (can/will)
Hey Wayne, I'm not sure about the bulb but I don't see why not. Its the same except for the power cable(pigtail) The clear set came with new bulbs so I used them.............................................. ...................................
I want to be sure that evetryone understands that I'm certainly not trying to take any of Terry's biz, but I was trying to give my hookup to anyone that wanted to do this.....I wasn't sure if this was something Terry did or if he only did drive train,brakes,etc and not the cosmetic appearances. He charged me $40 for both that included everything, pulling the fogs,converting tmem and re-installing. It took about 1 hr 15 min ;) By all means if its something Terry does go to him, just I posted up about getting this done about a month ago and he did hone in that it was something he did. Sorry Terry. :) By the way Wayne, got the PM :tu: