PDA

View Full Version : L's Attract Attention!

Nuhklz
12-08-2003, 02:04 PM
When I returned from lunch today I heard air hissing from my truck and narrowed it down to the rear tire. I jumped back into the truck and drove down the block to the Goodyear store to have them patch it.

Well, the minute I pulled in the parking lot, the heads started turning. When the dude pulled it into the garage, 4 or 5 of the techs came over to look at the truck while the lowest guy on the totem pole fixed the tire. They were asking me all kinds of questions about the truck and then argued about who would pull it out of the garage into the parking lot when it was fixed. I told them that the guy who did the work should pull it out and they all then scattered.

It reminded me of when I was in the Army; you know, one guy working and five others standing around yakking.

PoorSvtman
12-08-2003, 02:40 PM
I think everyone at some point in time was that kid that always did all the work. But were the ones that actualy get better jobs and the ones doing nothing are normaly still there years after.

But isnt it nice to have a truck so many want and admire. Theres some 10-12 yr old kids on my street that always ride by on there bikes and say "your truck is the coolest" or "your truck beats all other trucks"

Nuhklz
12-08-2003, 02:42 PM
I think everyone at some point in time was that kid that always did all the work. But were the ones that actualy get better jobs and the ones doing nothing are normaly still there years after.

But isnt it nice to have a truck so many want and admire. Theres some 10-12 yr old kids on my street that always ride by on there bikes and say "your truck is the coolest" or "your truck beats all other trucks"
Very well put. I've been the kid working while the others watched and maybe that's why it really stood out to me.

PoorSvtman
12-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Very well put. I've been the kid working while the others watched and maybe that's why it really stood out to me.

Yea ive been that kid as well and notice it in the make ready department. Quit a few jobs because of it. But the dealership i work at has had 4 chances to lay me off for downsizing but 3 years later im still here.