PDA

View Full Version : I disappeared for a while, but I'm back!

Band
12-08-2003, 06:36 PM
As some of you may recall, a drunk driver hit me after the Talon November meet at Hooters. It was an 02 white lightning with 4k miles. I bought it used 7 days before the drunk driver hit me.

I tried many ways to keep the truck from getting repaired, i have driven wrecked trucks before and they are never the same. I needed 20k damage to total the truck for repair costs, but it was only 14k damage (still alot). I also tried to pocket the 14k from the insurance company and sell my truck "as is", that wasn't enough either. So from there my truck was getting repaired :vomit:

So last week, they started stripping the mangled parts from my truck to find extreme frame damage that wasn't expected. So, it got TOTALED!!! :D

So now I'm in the market for a new/used lightning! I should get my insurance check this week or next.

Sorry this is so long, just had to describe my situation to show how indescribably happy I am now.

Soon I will have me a lightning and joining the events.

03LightningRocks
12-08-2003, 06:57 PM
As some of you may recall, a drunk driver hit me after the Talon November meet at Hooters. It was an 02 white lightning with 4k miles. I bought it used 7 days before the drunk driver hit me.

I tried many ways to keep the truck from getting repaired, i have driven wrecked trucks before and they are never the same. I needed 20k damage to total the truck for repair costs, but it was only 14k damage (still alot). I also tried to pocket the 14k from the insurance company and sell my truck "as is", that wasn't enough either. So from there my truck was getting repaired :vomit:

So last week, they started stripping the mangled parts from my truck to find extreme frame damage that wasn't expected. So, it got TOTALED!!! :D

So now I'm in the market for a new/used lightning! I should get my insurance check this week or next.

Sorry this is so long, just had to describe my situation to show how indescribably happy I am now.

Soon I will have me a lightning and joining the events.

:banana:Welcome Back:banana:

blueoval01
12-08-2003, 07:32 PM
:banana:Welcome Back:banana: What he said ........

Band
12-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Thanks! Glad to be back.

Can't wait for that check to come.

L8 APEX
12-08-2003, 08:14 PM
I got the screw before on a wreck. They did the original bid @ 17K in damage 20K was the totaled figure. Guess what it ended up costing after fixign the small stuff and an engine knock after it got fixed $22K! I was pissed but they did an excellent job. I think you would look better in a Corvette:twitch: . Didn't I work on your truck?

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15shop1-med.jpg

Band
12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Eww, that situation does suck, and i was afraid of that happening to me as well.

Until a month ago when i bought my lightning, i had always been the GM type. I love the vets, but they are expensive and its still just a car :) Can't pull my boat with a vet lol.

Nah, nothing had been done to the truck, only had it 7 days.

Silver_2000
12-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Glad to see you are ok and are getting another Lightning :tu:

Band
12-08-2003, 11:49 PM
You bet im gonna get another lightning. I can't imagine driving anything else.

Which brings me to a question I asked when i first got it (which didn't apply). How do I break it in? hard? easy? up to what mileage?

blueoval01
12-09-2003, 12:13 AM
Drive it like you mean it ......... :nana2

Band
12-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Now that i can do :tu: