PDA

View Full Version : Dyno

03'svtlight
12-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Is there a shop with a dyno that would actually allow me to come in the shop?? When I first (and only ) had it dynoed, it was mainly just to see where my power was at like 99.9% of everybody else. I took it to Lonestar Performance not knowing that I couldn't get anywhere near it while it was being done. Just had to look at it from the waiting room. I really didnt have a problem with it but now I would like to take advantage of my three pulls since I have the predator. I know how it is when customers get in your way (it happens to me everyday) in the shop but, it wouldn't do me a bit of good to spend money on dyno pulls, unless I could make a quick change or two with the timing and fuel just to see how it responds. If there's any shop that anyone may know of that just might allow it, let me know.... :tu:

99WhiteBeast
12-10-2003, 06:18 AM
Never heard of a shop that would not let you be with your vehicle when you dyno'd. There is no way I'm letting someone rip on my truck without me being close by:hammer:

02BOLT
12-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Actually, I dynoed at Alamo Autorsports yesterday, and they had no problem with my standing right beside the truck while they made the pulls. I also swapped between two chips to compare and contrast the two. The only downside is they are not cheap....$75 for threee pulls, and another $25 to use the A/F sensor(they utilize the sensor that threads into the O2 bung as opposed to the tailpipe sniffer).

Redline Performance off of California/Cooper intersection in Arlington is more reasonable in terms of pricing(around $60 for three pulls and $15 extra for the A/F sensor, BUT they do NOT have the software to datalog the A/F graph). You'll need a friend to go with you and watch the A/F meter during the pull to see what it's doing. They will however, let you run the whole damn show if you know how. I have made every pull on their dyno myself. Nice guys.

Hope this helps...Goodluck!:tu:

Rob:burnout:

microsuck
12-10-2003, 09:33 AM
the kwik kar has all the above. I am close enough to the truck to touch it while its going. they let you work on it between pulls, just as long as the motor is off they let you be ON the dyno with it. while its going I sit behind the PC (3 feet away). and its $40.

03'svtlight
12-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks Guys! I think Ill give Kwik Kar a call fri..... :tu:

TP Derrick D
12-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Actually, I dynoed at Alamo Autorsports yesterday, and they had no problem with my standing right beside the truck while they made the pulls. I also swapped between two chips to compare and contrast the two. The only downside is they are not cheap....$75 for threee pulls, and another $25 to use the A/F sensor(they utilize the sensor that threads into the O2 bung as opposed to the tailpipe sniffer).

Redline Performance off of California/Cooper intersection in Arlington is more reasonable in terms of pricing(around $60 for three pulls and $15 extra for the A/F sensor, BUT they do NOT have the software to datalog the A/F graph). You'll need a friend to go with you and watch the A/F meter during the pull to see what it's doing. They will however, let you run the whole damn show if you know how. I have made every pull on their dyno myself. Nice guys.

Hope this helps...Goodluck!:tu:

Rob:burnout:
I too, along with my pitcrew and crew chief ,have used both and we had no problems,however I think my crew chief likes Redline better because of what Rob said and its less expensive since 1 vehicle may make 6-7 pulls while programming a tuner.Guess the price is the same car or truck, I was in my car. :burnout:

03LightningRocks
12-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Is there a shop with a dyno that would actually allow me to come in the shop?? When I first (and only ) had it dynoed, it was mainly just to see where my power was at like 99.9% of everybody else. I took it to Lonestar Performance not knowing that I couldn't get anywhere near it while it was being done. Just had to look at it from the waiting room. I really didnt have a problem with it but now I would like to take advantage of my three pulls since I have the predator. I know how it is when customers get in your way (it happens to me everyday) in the shop but, it wouldn't do me a bit of good to spend money on dyno pulls, unless I could make a quick change or two with the timing and fuel just to see how it responds. If there's any shop that anyone may know of that just might allow it, let me know.... :tu:

Speedworks in Lewisville let me sit in the passenger seat so I could watch the timming and what not on my laptop.

Kwik Car in Richardson...Ditto.

I would leave before I let someone dyno my truck while I set off in some other room.

I'll bet they are worried about liability issues. Especially on a raised dyno. If the lower end gives out, it could be like a

grenade going off...schrapnel everywhere http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226dd395.gif

Rocks

03'svtlight
12-10-2003, 11:07 PM
:throw:
Speedworks in Lewisville let me sit in the passenger seat so I could watch the timming and what not on my laptop.

I would leave before I let someone dyno my truck while I set off in some other room.

I'll bet they are worried about liability issues. Especially on a raised dyno. If the lower end gives out, it could be like a

grenade going off...schrapnel everywhere http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226dd395.gif

Yep Rocks, it is a liability issue (at least thats what they told me). Now its time to turn the ol'girl up and see what she's got. So when (and if I ever) catch one of those SRT-10's at the stoplight, Ill be able to show'em L's are still runnin' things. :evil :throw:

Rocks

03'svtlight
12-10-2003, 11:07 PM
:throw:

Yep Rocks, it is a liability issue (at least thats what they told me). Now its time to turn the ol'girl up and see what she's got. So when (and if I ever) catch one of those SRT-10's at the stoplight, Ill be able to show'em L's are still runnin' things. :evil :throw: :throw: :nana2 :bs

Rocks