PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville, FL. questions

my2002lightning
12-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Well, there's a fair possibility we may be moving there temporarily (keeping the Frisco place and flying back/forth regularly) the first part of January for another contract (6 mos.).

For anyone who has been there, I have a few questions:

1) What are some better parts of the town?

2) If I take this gig, I'll put the L in storage and get it out on weekends to run around, so, what (if any) would the seaside elements do to the L?

I'd rinse it off good all-over each Sunday evening...

3) What are some things to see/do in/around Jacksonville? It's on the NE side of the state way away from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/etc.

Thanks,

Ronald

Nuhklz
12-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Well, there's a fair possibility we may be moving there temporarily (keeping the Frisco place and flying back/forth regularly) the first part of January for another contract (6 mos.).

For anyone who has been there, I have a few questions:

1) What are some better parts of the town?

2) If I take this gig, I'll put the L in storage and get it out on weekends to run around, so, what (if any) would the seaside elements do to the L?

I'd rinse it off good all-over each Sunday evening...

3) What are some things to see/do in/around Jacksonville? It's on the NE side of the state way away from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/etc.

Thanks,

Ronald

I can't answer your questions but I did do a web search. The sheriff looks like a nice guy:tu:

whitelightning'02
12-11-2003, 03:05 PM
I can say that my brother prefers the "Beaches". He lives in Atlantic Beach, a 'burb of Jacksonville. It's a nice community. I've stayed at Amelia Island resort, Just north of Jacksonville, also. You can drive to Orlando and do the "Tourist" things with the mouse, it's only a 2.5-3 hr drive.

Good Luck,
:beer:
Lee

my2002lightning
12-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Larry/Lee,

Thanks! If this works out, I hope I DON'T have any encounters with sheriffs, etc. while there or any trips to D-Land for Laney's family in OK./IN. :rolleyes: :crying:

Just plenty of heads-down workin' and hot-roddin' in the L. up and down the FL. "Right-Coast".

If this works out, going to see some new territory... if not, gonna' get some much needed R&R.

Ronald