L1nt2B
12-16-2003, 07:05 AM
http://www.dfwsvtoa.com/

new website too

Logan
12-16-2003, 03:08 PM

new website too
Uh huh... Whoopie. Another dealership, another waste of time.

REXRENEGADE
12-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Something tells me that the DFW-SVTOA Meeting will primarily be attended to by the Mustang Boys? What is the purpose of this anyway? Do you really think that they care what the Lightning Guys think at all? Your thoughts please.:confused:
Curtis J

L1nt2B
12-16-2003, 04:59 PM
OK, I will remember never to bring that up again

Logan
12-16-2003, 08:55 PM
OK, I will remember never to bring that up again

heheheh... Historically, the SVTOA has been nothing but a joke in DFW once the SVT club of North Texas stopped supporting it. They're a much more worthwhile club to hang around with anyway.

TP Derrick D
12-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Something tells me that the DFW-SVTOA Meeting will primarily be attended to by the Mustang Boys? What is the purpose of this anyway? Do you really think that they care what the Lightning Guys think at all? Your thoughts please.:confused:
Curtis J
PLAY NICE NOW, SOME OF US MUSTANG BOYS ARE ALSO LIGHTNING GUYS I ATTENTED SEVERAL OF THEIR MEETINGS WHEN THEY WERE AT BANKSTON FORD IN FRISCO AND HAD A OK TIME.THEY ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT MY MUSTANG WAS NOT A COBRA ,BUT WAS WORKED OVER WITH A CATLOG FULL OF THE GT-40 ITEMS. I ALSO MET SOME OF THE NOW LIGHTNING GUYS THERE ALSO(HENRY) COMES TO MIND. WHEN THEY HAD THE SVTOA ON TRACK EVENT AT TMS A COUPLE YEARS AGO THEY LET ME RUN MY LIGHTNING ON THE TRACK ALTHOUGH I WASN'T AN OFFICIAL MEMBER .I MET OTHER LIGHTNING GUYS THERE AMOUNG THE MUSTANG BOYS (DENNIS aka SIXPIPES) BEFORE I STARTED HANGING OUT WITH THE LIGHTNING GUYS.SO YOU SEE SOME OF US THAT HAS A TASTE FOR BOTH WORLDS ACCEPT AND APPREICIATE THE LUXURY OF DOING BOTH. FOR ALL THE "LIGHTNING ONLY" GUYS ,GET OUTSIDE THAT LITTLE SMALL WORLD YOU MIGHT MEET AND MAKE A NEW FRIEND :tu: i DID :cool:

03LightningRocks
12-16-2003, 10:02 PM

new website too

I will be there. I happen to dig Mustangs. The only reason I have a Lightning instead of a Mustang Cobra is my big fat arse won't get that low to the ground without major recovery time.

Jeezus fricking Christ.....a new member brings up a get together that doesn't involve eating food and he catches shiot.

Time for a gut check guys.

Yeah, I'm pizzed. And I don't care that some of you don't see why.

Rocks:flaming:

03LightningRocks
12-16-2003, 10:05 PM
PLAY NICE NOW, SOME OF US MUSTANG BOYS ARE ALSO LIGHTNING GUYS I ATTENTED SEVERAL OF THEIR MEETINGS WHEN THEY WERE AT BANKSTON FORD IN FRISCO AND HAD A OK TIME.THEY ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT MY MUSTANG WAS NOT A COBRA ,BUT WAS WORKED OVER WITH A CATLOG FULL OF THE GT-40 ITEMS. I ALSO MET SOME OF THE NOW LIGHTNING GUYS THERE ALSO(HENRY) COMES TO MIND. WHEN THEY HAD THE SVTOA ON TRACK EVENT AT TMS A COUPLE YEARS AGO THEY LET ME RUN MY LIGHTNING ON THE TRACK ALTHOUGH I WASN'T AN OFFICIAL MEMBER .I MET OTHER LIGHTNING GUYS THERE AMOUNG THE MUSTANG BOYS (DENNIS aka SIXPIPES) BEFORE I STARTED HANGING OUT WITH THE LIGHTNING GUYS.SO YOU SEE SOME OF US THAT HAS A TASTE FOR BOTH WORLDS ACCEPT AND APPREICIATE THE LUXURY OF DOING BOTH. FOR ALL THE "LIGHTNING ONLY" GUYS ,GET OUTSIDE THAT LITTLE SMALL WORLD YOU MIGHT MEET AND MAKE A NEW FRIEND :tu: i DID :cool:

I don't know you very well Derrick, but I like your style.

You expressed my thoughts better than I could.

Rocks:tu:

L1nt2B
12-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Right on! I just thought it would be cool to check it out. This is my first L and I have only had it for about 4 months therefore I don't know all about the other groups that much. Before I got the L most L owners I met were pretty stand offish and snobbish Hence my name on the other site L1nt2BaPRK (prick) so its not like I have allot to go on.

03LightningRocks
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Right on! I just thought it would be cool to check it out. This is my first L and I have only had it for about 4 months therefore I don't know all about the other groups that much. Before I got the L most L owners I met were pretty stand offish and snobbish Hence my name on the other site L1nt2BaPRK (prick) so its not like I have allot to go on.

It sounds like a good reason to hang out and meet some more enthusiasts to me.

I'll bet there are a few other fellows here that would go too. I just didn't want a good idea to get crapped on before it even gets a chance.

I'll be there. We can finalize the meet up plans as it gets closer.

Rocks:beer:

TP Derrick D
12-16-2003, 10:47 PM
I don't know you very well Derrick, but I like your style.

You expressed my thoughts better than I could.

Rocks:tu:
THANKS, I HAVE FRIENDS IN BOTH VEHICLES AND I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ANY OF THEM BECAUSE OF THE VEHICLE THEY CHOOSE. I WAS GOING TO THE EVENTS SOLO UNTIL SOME OF THE GUYS STARTED INVITING ME TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL EVENTS, TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH THATS HOW I GOT INVOLVED IN TALON. I OWNED A MUSTANG LONG BEFORE LIGHTNINGS CAME OUT IN '93 AND STILL OWN ONE .NOT THAT ONE BUT ANOTHER ONE ,BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. MAYBE THIS GROUP NEED TO HAVE A MEET WHERE WE BRING OUR OTHER VEHICLES OF INTEREST TO STRIKE UP A CONVERSATION ABOUT. WATCH ME GET :throw: , :nono: :hammer: :0fftopic ALL OF THAT .SEE YOU SUN FOR THJE TOY RUN IF YOU MAKE IT

02BOLT
12-16-2003, 10:48 PM

I am also a member of the SVT Club of North Texas(not the same as SVTOA), and there are a lot of good guys(and gals) over there. They started out as primarily a Cobra club, but have since opened their doors to any and all makes of Ford high performance vehicles. They are an active club, and have various functions throughout the year.

The SVTOA (Special Vehicle Team Owners Association) must be starting up a new chapter here in DFW. I've been to a couple of their "On Track" events, which were pretty cool, and there were a sizeable representation of Gen 2 L's in attendance at both events. It may well be worth checking out.:tu:

Later,
Rob:beer:

03LightningRocks
12-16-2003, 10:59 PM
......SEE YOU SUN FOR THJE TOY RUN IF YOU MAKE IT

I wish I could make it. A very long term friend of mine, an "old school" mustang enthusiast (Shelby Preferred), will be riding his Harley in it. He doesn't seem to mind my Lightning...LOL.

I am going to be in Kentucky, visiting my mom, and checking out her newly aquired 1967 Mustang. I am flying out there and may be driving back:twitch: . She is no easy mark though. I'll have to work it hard to get that bad boy for under 8 grand. My brother told me it is mint condition, a powder blue I believe, and has 67 k original miles. Supposedly it was garage parked for the past 10 years and driven occasionally. The car had been in the same family from the day it was new. She got it in exchange for a debt some guy owed her. In Kentucky, if you owe...you pay, or the court will make you pay...LOL.

I guess my adult kids get to trash my house while I'm out, I'll have to kill them when I get home:nono: .

Rocks:beer:

L8 APEX
12-16-2003, 11:23 PM
I remember the first meeting of SVTOA over a year ago. The run down was there were two factions there the TALON club represented by me and maybe someone else, then the SVT Cobra club rep'd by Henry and Guy. We both already had our own clubs going with websites, forums, meetings, events, etc. SVTOA run by Ford Corp. wanted due$ number 1, and lacked the personal touch and feel the two local clubs already had. We told them no back then and history will repeat itself. Ford jsut wants to bank on these vehicles through their memebrships and precious magazine, lol. To this day we do our Talon meeting, racing thing and SVT Cobra boys do their parades and show and shines:rll: . The last thing I want is to have to attend more meetings and pay more dues and keep up with another forum. You notice Dallas Mustang is their Pro Shop of choice:tu: I am happy with TALON, if you heard some of the horror storie of the larger incorporated clubs you would be glad as well. Ask Henry what it took to have any organized Cobra club functions like their little MSR event. It has to be voted on, run through the board, approved by the treasurer, make sure the by-laws and insurance will cover it etc. Just like our Hallsville events we do on a whim for 10-15 bucks each would cost 5 times that for a big club to do. Official clubs have to buy an insurance policy, adopt rules and procedures etc. A big hassle IMO. KISS method:tu:

Silver_2000
12-16-2003, 11:24 PM
I number of us who have been around for a few years have had less than positive experiences with SVTOA and the Cobra club.

We were treated as second class citizens in a number of ways at a number of events.

Thats one of the reasons TALON is here. The club when it was at bankston wasnt something I would take time out o participate in... Perhaps the new dealership will being new blood.

Only tiime will tell...

Doug

L8 APEX
12-16-2003, 11:35 PM
When Ford took SVTOA over at Bankston the meeting was about. Us bringing our awesome rides to the dealership once a month to attract attention for the dealer to sell more vehicles. They wanted dues and use of my truck for free advertizement. Like Doug said TALON is the only way Lightnings (the gross minority) in SVTOA can do what we want to do. Being in a club is like a gym in that one is enough to wear me out. Segragation is a natural thing.

L1nt2B
12-17-2003, 12:35 AM
WOW! allot history here. Like I said before, its all new to me.

Crawford
12-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Yep I know about how the old Bankston Cobra Club would tend to stay from anyone that didnt own a Cobra. Come to think of it, they really didnt seem to care for me when I did have a Cobra. After 4-5 meetings I decided I didnt really belong there. As previously mentioned... who knows what the new club will be like though.

98Cobra
12-17-2003, 11:01 AM
PLAY NICE NOW, SOME OF US MUSTANG BOYS ARE ALSO LIGHTNING GUYS I ATTENTED SEVERAL OF THEIR MEETINGS WHEN THEY WERE AT BANKSTON FORD IN FRISCO AND HAD A OK TIME. <snipped>

http://www.trietsch.com/images/forumpics/capslock.gif

;) :tongue:

98Cobra
12-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Jeezus fricking Christ.....a new member brings up a get together that doesn't involve eating food and he catches shiot.

Time for a gut check guys.

Yeah, I'm pizzed. And I don't care that some of you don't see why.

Rocks:flaming:
Sigh. So, two people out of the whole group comment on SVTOA, and you get twisted? I know they weren't positive comments, but since when is that a requirement? Especially since they were relaying their less than great experience with said group? Everyone knows it has been run like ass since it was started - hopefully that will change, but this is no different than someone asking what body shop they should get work done at, and people telling them what sucks.

TP Derrick D
12-17-2003, 04:35 PM
I am also a member of the SVT Club of North Texas(not the same as SVTOA), and there are a lot of good guys(and gals) over there. They started out as primarily a Cobra club, but have since opened their doors to any and all makes of Ford high performance vehicles. They are an active club, and have various functions throughout the year.

The SVTOA (Special Vehicle Team Owners Association) must be starting up a new chapter here in DFW. I've been to a couple of their "On Track" events, which were pretty cool, and there were a sizeable representation of Gen 2 L's in attendance at both events. It may well be worth checking out.:tu:

Later,
Rob:beer:
Come to think of it,it must have been the SVT club when I was attending because I remember the argument over joining SVTOA or not and all the by-laws that go along with it .I may even know some of the Talon guys from there other than Henry and just don't realize it .Anyway,I still had a good time with the group and I see them every year at the Yellow Rose Classic auto show in Ft Worth at Will Rogers Auditorium .They still ask about my car and want me to join up with them.It was just to far (FRISCO) now they are at John Eagle LINC/MERC but thats another story.Rob, we may have met there,next time you're over my way stop by ,I got the car back about 3 wks ago. You can check it out now.You also Terry, see what that piston came out of. :cool:

Logan
12-18-2003, 12:53 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.. Svtoa still sucks. Money grubbin' bastardo's...:postwhore

03LightningRocks
12-18-2003, 01:46 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.. Svtoa still sucks. Money grubbin' bastardo's...:postwhore

:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: .

No, Really Logan, do tell us how you feel about it all.

Logan
12-18-2003, 09:16 PM
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: .

No, Really Logan, do tell us how you feel about it all.
I can't do that... I have to be civil ya see... :tu: Otherwise Doug'll ban me from my own server. :banned

Silver_2000
12-19-2003, 08:32 PM
I can't do that... I have to be civil ya see... :tu: Otherwise Doug'll ban me from my own server. :bannedWell I could potentially ban you from a forum on your server ... BUt since you and I agree on this subject --- There will be no banning..

SVTOA is all about the $$$ - The forum which you pay 40 a year for is not worth much. They change the sign up rules and membership length to be sure that you have to renew to particapate in the ontrack events. You renew in Nov - the next Ontrack is in October BUT you cant run unless you renew again... Bull ****....
When a LIghtning posts the best time at all the timed events ( ME ) they lose the results before the end of the day.. **** em..... Wait let me get another shot of Corazon and Ill tell you how I feel....