PDA

View Full Version : Question about South Arlington

f150freak
12-17-2003, 03:30 AM
I've noticed quite a few of members here from the Arlington area, so I was hoping that maybe yall could answer a question for me.

I'm goung to be moving to south Arlington very soon(Matlock and Harris area), and I was intending to get cable internet. A co-worker though has told me that niether Comcast or Charter will service this area yet and I will be forced to stay with my DSL.

So anyone know if the guy at work is BSing me or what?

Nuhklz
12-17-2003, 07:54 AM
I've noticed quite a few of members here from the Arlington area, so I was hoping that maybe yall could answer a question for me.

I'm goung to be moving to south Arlington very soon(Matlock and Harris area), and I was intending to get cable internet. A co-worker though has told me that niether Comcast or Charter will service this area yet and I will be forced to stay with my DSL.

I've had comcast for over two years and it has been rock solid and I live in SW Arlington. I believe Charter services the Mansfield area.

jcblack
12-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Not sure about the coverage area. I have comcast and I live off of Little Rd/287. Comcast is the sh!t. We have a router going into three different rooms and when everyone is using their computer, it doesn't slow down one bit.

Nuhklz
12-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Not sure about the coverage area. I have comcast and I live off of Little Rd/287. Comcast is the sh!t. We have a router going into three different rooms and when everyone is using their computer, it doesn't slow down one bit.
Have you rebooted the modem for the higher speeds?

jcblack
12-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Have you rebooted the modem for the higher speeds?
Dont know how.

Nuhklz
12-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Dont know how.Unplug the power cord for two to three minutes and plug it back in. It will take a couple seconds to seek the signal and you'll see all the lights come back on.

It'll then be ready to go.

George G.
12-18-2003, 10:28 AM

So anyone know if the guy at work is BSing me or what?A quick phone call to Comcast or Charter can get you the answer.

TP Derrick D
12-18-2003, 06:52 PM

I can verify that in my Sub-division cable is not offered yet. We moved into the new homes at the eastside corner of Cooper and Turner-Warner which is Mansfield but close enough to Arlington I can see the city limit sign from my house. We got Dish Network so I'm only a couple miles from you but that makes a big difference.

SILVER2000SVT
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
I can get Charter cable internet, but not Comcast, and they said No DSL until something like 2008, and my neighborhood is 25 years old.