PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Options?

TX SVT LIGHTNING
12-17-2003, 08:20 AM
well the '04 is a 4x4 vs my previous '01 w/FRPP kit.

Looking at my options for the '04. I'd like about 2-3" front and 3-4" rear drop
Roush?
Hotchkis?
Western Chassis?
Belltech?

I'm leaning towards the Roush setup (heard price went back up recently though :( )

L8 APEX
12-17-2003, 09:28 AM
Depending if you want a stiff racing suspension or a cruising suspension. The thing is when you go lower than 1/2 you need to replace the shocks and most cheap shocks like Nitro Drop, Ground Force etc are weak and flop around. But nobody wants the pay the $750 QA1's. I would get the FRPP kit and have the rear leafs dearched 3" and be done.:tu:

TX SVT LIGHTNING
12-17-2003, 11:52 AM
I wasn't too pleased with the amount the FRPP/Ground Force 1"/2" did for me on my '01.

before and 2 months after results only showed:
1/2" lower on front right
3/8" lower on front left
1 1/4" lower rear right
1" lower rear left.

this was with shackle set for the largest drop and coils placed correctly up front. Measured same way on same garage floor.

Last I heard the Roush kist comes with Bilsteins that are corrected for their kit.

How do you "dearch" the rear springs?

Sixpipes
12-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Roush it and you're done. :cool:

http://www.go-rila.com/Sg2.jpg

L8 APEX
12-17-2003, 08:20 PM
A spring shop can remove the springs and flatten the arch in a machine. I am jsut saying the affordable way to lower. Roush and Hotchkis are over a thousand dollars. But they handle very well and I believe I can still get a deal on Hotchkis full systems with shocks, sway bars, and springs front and rear.

Mark #2
12-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Roush it and you're done. :cool:

http://www.go-rila.com/Sg2.jpg

Yeah, what he said. I've had most of the kits, Roush is the best and most expensive.
Mark

Crawford
12-18-2003, 06:47 PM
... and I think I have bought all of Marks old kits and I must say the Hotchkis is just too stiff in the rear for daily driving. I have driven Marks on the full Roush and its amazingly smooth. Daddy likes! :cool:

I have the Hotchkis front coils in still with JL 3 inch shackles in the rear and its not too bad. I think the rear still sits a tad too high. Still a bit rough too but that is the facts of life I am afraid. I am curious how the ride is in the back with dearched leafs. :confused:

Mark #2
12-18-2003, 10:37 PM
... and I think I have bought all of Marks old kits and I must say the Hotchkis is just too stiff in the rear for daily driving. I have driven Marks on the full Roush and its amazingly smooth. Daddy likes! :cool:

I have the Hotchkis front coils in still with JL 3 inch shackles in the rear and its not too bad. I think the rear still sits a tad too high. Still a bit rough too but that is the facts of life I am afraid. I am curious how the ride is in the back with dearched leafs. :confused:
I must have been too dirty after one of those suspension changes as Crawford is the first person to ever drive my truck. Does anyone have some 1"/2" shackles to return to me? I've sold a couple of sets of them. I would like to see what the Roush looks like with them. I'm back from China and so far Sars free.

Crawford
12-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Those 2 inch shackles I got from you I returned. What did you do with those? Glad to hear you made it back from China without the SARS! :beer: