PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with...

Sandman
12-21-2003, 04:12 PM
I know most of you do your own maintenance on your trucks. What do you do with the old fluids? Is there some place you can take them and pay a dispsal fee to get rid of them? If so.. how much?

Thx

99WhiteBeast
12-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Autozone will take tranny and motor oil for free. I think most Jiffy Lube's will take coolant

Mark #2
12-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I know most of you do your own maintenance on your trucks. What do you do with the old fluids? Is there some place you can take them and pay a dispsal fee to get rid of them? If so.. how much?

Thx
Check your city also, Richardson has a free disposal drop off place.
Mark

Crawford
12-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Most city streets are equipped with some sort of drain. Just pour your used fliuds there.

P.S. Just kiddin :D

microsuck
12-22-2003, 01:26 PM
i eat them

microsuck
12-22-2003, 01:27 PM
actually most corporate parking lots are great for changing oil. they have those big grated drains in the middle of the lot. just drive over it and pretend to be "workin on your car"

Silver_2000
12-22-2003, 01:42 PM
I think that the place that sells the fluids HAS to take the old stuff back

Sixpipes
12-22-2003, 01:48 PM
A lot of cities in the metroplex have a household hazardous waste day during the year. Just collect it and turn it in to the city at the appropriate time. I know Tarrant and Dallas counties have locations for free disposal.

Or you could dump it in a porta toilet at some construction site. Just make sure there is nothing flammable in the waste. I've heard of guys blowing up a toilet by flicking a cigarette in a hole that contained solvents etc.... :cool:

dboat
12-22-2003, 08:16 PM
A lot of cities in the metroplex have a household hazardous waste day during the year. Just collect it and turn it in to the city at the appropriate time. I know Tarrant and Dallas counties have locations for free disposal.

Or you could dump it in a porta toilet at some construction site. Just make sure there is nothing flammable in the waste. I've heard of guys blowing up a toilet by flicking a cigarette in a hole that contained solvents etc.... :cool:
NOT, but I did see an episode of the practice that did a story like that.,.. :twitch:

03'svtlight
12-23-2003, 10:14 AM

Thx
Just flush it down thu commode.................... :evil