PDA

View Full Version : Apten thoughts

StormShadow
01-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Is anyone here getting in on the NLOC group buy? I was thinking about pulling my blower and sending it in. What's everyones thoughts on this?

StormShadow
01-01-2004, 07:16 PM
I just noticed that I started thread #2000 in the General Discussion Forum.
Woo Hoo :nana2

02BOLT
01-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Adam,
I think the Apten is definitely a worthwhile investment, especially in terms of cash out of pocket(b/w $500-$600). Frank02L was running 11.70's @ 115+mph with a 6lb lower, 2.8" upper, all of the usual bolt-ons(including long-tubes and a power cooler) on an otherwise stock longblock, at the TALON Fall Classic last month. Pretty impressive numbers IMO.

If you gain b/w 15-20rwhp across the ENTIRE rpm band, then you'll notice a SIGNIFICANT increase in the performance of the truck from ANY speed. It is definitely a great alternative, especially if you're looking for something to increase the truck's performance, but aren't wanting to drop the $3K asking price of a KB. It's not gonna have the extreme power potential of a KB, BUT DOES seem to offer noticeable gains per dollar spent. Goodluck with your decision!:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

99WhiteBeast
01-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Is anyone here getting in on the NLOC group buy? I was thinking about pulling my blower and sending it in. What's everyones thoughts on this?

Ditto on what Rob said and I've been following that thread at NLOC with great interest. I thought the offer was closed and locked in for 20 people for $449 (people@$449).

StormShadow
01-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Ditto on what Rob said and I've been following that thread at NLOC with great interest. I thought the offer was closed and locked in for 20 people for $449.
I hope not but you may be right. Doh! All I need is some help removing my blower and putting it back on. I was thinking that if someone else is doing theirs I could help them and they could help me.