PDA

View Full Version : Got a couple "HOW TOO" questions

scott015
01-05-2004, 09:25 AM
ok... two questions here..

1. how do I install a fog light?
2. how to install fuel filter

i was washing my truck a week ago and while i was around the back at the tailgate i head glass break... it was one of my fog lights just poped. Weird as all I had done at that point was spray it wet and not presure spray... just a hose with no attachment...

anyway, i luckly had an extra one laying around in garage... took the old one off, but couldnt get the new one on right... its the exact same light, but if i put that little "U" shaped bracket in the front the light doesnt seem to tighten all the way, and if i put it in the back by the bolt, it tightens all the way, but the light is not straight... it pulls it down and its pointing too far toward the ground... what am i doing wrong? i feel like idiot

then, i bought a fuel filter, and 2 different guys at autozone said i need no tool... but thought i read on here ya do need one... anyhow, i havent changed or even tried yet... thought i would ask you guys how to do it, then i will tonight.... any tips or even a picture how to in net? im sure its easy, iv just never done before

min150mph
01-05-2004, 09:35 AM
then, i bought a fuel filter, and 2 different guys at autozone said i need no tool... but thought i read on here ya do need one... anyhow, i havent changed or even tried yet... thought i would ask you guys how to do it, then i will tonight.... any tips or even a picture how to in net? im sure its easy, iv just never done before
Yes you do need a tool, I believe it is the 5/8 that is needed. Also make sure they gave you the correct fuel filter (the same one as the V6 and NOT the V8) or you'll have to remove the bracket that holds the filter to make it fit. I know several who uses the V8 filter and just have it zip tied to the frame as it is a bigger fuel filter.

Silver_2000
01-05-2004, 09:49 AM
ok... two questions here..

1. how do I install a fog light?
2. how to install fuel filter

i was washing my truck a week ago and while i was around the back at the tailgate i head glass break... it was one of my fog lights just poped. Weird as all I had done at that point was spray it wet and not presure spray... just a hose with no attachment...

anyway, i luckly had an extra one laying around in garage... took the old one off, but couldnt get the new one on right... its the exact same light, but if i put that little "U" shaped bracket in the front the light doesnt seem to tighten all the way, and if i put it in the back by the bolt, it tightens all the way, but the light is not straight... it pulls it down and its pointing too far toward the ground... what am i doing wrong? i feel like idiot

Guy I know has a website with how to's - One of them is about the fuel filter... Look in my sig for a link ...:d

PoorSvtman
01-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Scott i told u id show you how to do all that. Give me a call and we can set up a time and date. We can even do it in my garage if you want to.

817-939-5924
Mike