PDA

View Full Version : Newbie signing on

Gonzo
01-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I tried to register last year but whatever would allow me to complete the registration, but this year all appears to be OK.

I have a red 2001 (49K miles now). Been in HALO about 15 months. Met some of you all at LFest. Done a little bracket racing and do a little of the bling thing. Pix attached

Silver_2000
01-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Damn it .. The Halo blocker software must have broken... Back to the drawing board.....
:evil :evil :twitch:
Doug

Gonzo
01-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Seems to me HALO finished up pretty well in Topeka :nana2 :rll: :evil

jcblack
01-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Seems to me HALO finished up pretty well in Topeka :nana2 :rll: :evilI didnt even see HALO out there. Must not have been too many members.

Silver_2000
01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Seems to me HALO finished up pretty well in Topeka :nana2 :rll: :evilNot sure what that has to do with this thread ...

Its like me saying my driveway is cracked. It may be true but doesnt really have much to do with the thread...

BUT since you brought it up - they sent like what 3 guys to Topeka ?
Who race every week ? Congratulations - They did well.

I've said it before, its kinda sad that the self proclaimed "biggest Lightning club" can only muster 3 or 4 guys to go to the biggest lightning event in the country.

No matter what other events were going on at the same time a club that "big " should have been able to muster up a better showing. Maybe next year....

PS - My earlier post was a joke.

Oh yeah ... welcome to the site :banned

Gonzo
01-06-2004, 07:18 AM
From chatter within HALO it sounds like the people here are put off by
a) the distance (cheap, cannot afford to or "inappropriate" use of vacation days)
b) what if it blows up (me, among others)
c) racing locally LFest weekend for points (one or two)
d) No interest (I cannot figure that one out)

LFest attendees were Gunman, Gonzo, P. Gamino and J. Welch. I just went to see the racing (b), Gunman won in show, PG won in "pro" and Welch was runner up in "street".

So what if it is off topic ;) - gotta wave the HALO banner :D (politely, of course), I'm not putting anyone down, as everyone there did their best in whatever they tried.

I like y'all's site, it is informative :tu: , occasionally hilarious :rll: and makes for interesting reading :eek2: . I'm sure many TALON members are registered on the HALO board or lurk there.

TP Derrick D
01-06-2004, 06:42 PM
I tried to register last year but whatever would allow me to complete the registration, but this year all appears to be OK.

I have a red 2001 (49K miles now). Been in HALO about 15 months. Met some of you all at LFest. Done a little bracket racing and do a little of the bling thing. Pix attached
I may have met you at L Fest, I know Gunman, I've competed in 2 car shows (Bling Thing) against him (03 Fun Ford-Ennis, and L Fest) I took 2nd place in the stock class at L Fest. Must say Gunman has a nice L ,but I told him that personally.

Gonzo
01-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Are you the guy with silver L and the 20's (gangsta-style) wheels?

TP Derrick D
01-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Are you the guy with silver L and the 20's (gangsta-style) wheels?
:tu: Hey Gonzo,sorry it took so long to get back to you,didn't realize anyone had sent me a response. I do have a Silver L , and I do have 20" rims, but I don't know if they are gangsta-style or not.If you look back and find the thread titled:L fest update... you will see a picture of my truck at the entrance to Heartland Raceway in Topeka. That was at '03 Lightning fest. :)

Gonzo
01-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Yep, thats you alright. Howyadoin? Check out my sig pix on HALO board - I'm learning how to bling up my truck (PC & rotary) for LFest '04. That pix has AIO, SG x 3 & PUPP x 3