PDA

View Full Version : Good Dealer for SVT service?

Band
01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Looking for a good SVT dealer service. I obviously can't get anything done on my truck at North Central Ford. They always just say this or think that. I don't even think they checked the wheels/tires or driveshaft for balance issues.

Shiner1
01-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Looking for a good SVT dealer service. I obviously can't get anything done on my truck at North Central Ford. They always just say this or think that. I don't even think they checked the wheels/tires or driveshaft for balance issues.I've had good service up here in Lewisville at Town&Country Ford on 35 just South of Justin/407

Band
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I've had good service up here in Lewisville at Town&Country Ford on 35 just South of Justin/407

I looked that one up, it isn't showing as an SVT dealer.

tliss
01-05-2004, 04:12 PM
You can try Bob Tomes in McKinney. I've only taken the truck there a few times for minor service, so I'm not sure how good they are on major service. They did a pretty good job and were civil the times I went there.

Tom

StormShadow
01-05-2004, 06:54 PM
I've had good luck with Westway Ford. You might want to try them out.

99WhiteBeast
01-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Don Davis- ArlingtonAre you trying to solve that vibration issue under warranty?

03LightningRocks
01-06-2004, 05:57 AM
I am assuming you talked to Dave about this???? I will try to call him today. That information bugs me a bit.

If I remember correctly, you said it is doing it around 80 MPH?

Maybe you should get a service advisor in the truck and then take it up to the needed speed before he has a chance to tell you to slow down......

Sorry your having a problem. Your the first one I know of that has attempted to get service done there. I really am not impressed with them jacking around with people.

Rocks:flaming:

Band
01-06-2004, 11:28 AM
I am assuming you talked to Dave about this???? I will try to call him today. That information bugs me a bit.

If I remember correctly, you said it is doing it around 80 MPH?

Maybe you should get a service advisor in the truck and then take it up to the needed speed before he has a chance to tell you to slow down......

Sorry your having a problem. Your the first one I know of that has attempted to get service done there. I really am not impressed with them jacking around with people.

Yeah, i have kept Dave in the loop on everything i have had done on the truck. I was displeased with my service advisor saying this is normal characteristic. So i spoke with Dave and he got the service managers attention to my truck for me. So then the service manager took a 20 mile round trip spin with me in my truck and another 20 miles in the other DSG 04 on the lot. We both felt the vib in both trucks. So i left the truck with them another day, he said they would check the rim and tire balance and strap the truck to the dyno to check the driveshaft. The service manager calls me the next a.m. and says basicly "the svt tech said this is normal with the new suspension being higher and more payload capacity".

This is where I started to think about lowering the truck to reduce height. What really has me toasted about this is, I dont think they ever even looked at the driftshaft or wheels.

The vib can be felt at 70, but it is impossible to mistake at 80. I told North Central service 75+, but the service manager did feel the vib at 70. Up until then, they were throwing that "normal driving condition" crap back at me. I was driving, so he didn't mind what speed we cruised at. We even got up to 90 to analyze it better.

I don't know what is goin on there. It could be they just don't have a clue. I do believe Dave has done all he knows to do. I called him, the service manager, and the dealer manager, none of the above returned my call lol. Up until the driveshaft issue, I was completely satisfied with this dealer. I have had driveshaft issues before in a previous truck, this is the way the ball bounces I'm afraid.

I took my truck to Middlekauf ford yesterday afternoon. I should find out today what they will do.

"Don Davis- ArlingtonAre you trying to solve that vibration issue under warranty?" --99whitebeast

Yeah, I'm trying to get the dealer to fix it. I loaded the truck down one inch by weight to give the driveshaft less angle and give the truck less lift at higher speeds. The problem was still there. So I really believe the driveshaft is out of ballance.

Mark #2
01-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Rotate the driveshaft 180 degrees in the rear yoke and see if the noise changes.

Mark

Band
01-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Rotate the driveshaft 180 degrees in the rear yoke and see if the noise changes.

Mark

I read that on a How To... But I lack hands on knowledge to do it. Also, its not noisy, it just vibrates.

Mark #2
01-06-2004, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Band]I read that on a How To... But I lack hands on knowledge to do it. Also, its not noisy, it just vibrates.

I would still try it. Someone here can certainly help you do it. I'm too busy this week, but maybe Sat or next week if you can't get it done sooner.

Mark

Band
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Band]I read that on a How To... But I lack hands on knowledge to do it. Also, its not noisy, it just vibrates.

I would still try it. Someone here can certainly help you do it. I'm too busy this week, but maybe Sat or next week if you can't get it done sooner.

Mark

Sounds like a backup plan to me :banana:

TP Derrick D
01-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Don Davis- ArlingtonAre you trying to solve that vibration issue under warranty?
Like Steve said Don Davis in Arlington, and 2 other SVT dealers in S.Tarrant County is Texan Ford on I-20 across from the Parks Mall also in Arlington, and Nichols Ford also on I-20 & Campus Drive in Ft Worth across from Tarrant County College. Nichols is where I bought my L and they do all my service,warranty work even on my other vehicles when I need a dealer. I have also used Don Davis & Westway when I lived in Irving. All were OK . I have never used Texan but bought parts from them. Would try them if the need arise.

03LightningRocks
01-06-2004, 09:22 PM
If you make it out to Hallsville Saturday, take me for a spin and show me what it's doing. Maybe we can figure something out.

Mark is on target with the drive shaft spinning trick. But you shouldn't have to do that on an "in warranty" truck.

We take all our company trucks to Town East Ford for our repair work. So far they have covered my butt pretty good.

Rocks:(

I wanted to add something else. I am noticing that the different dealers seem to have trouble in different areas of customer service. Town East is a real pain in the arse for buying vehicles, but they do good service work. Now it seems the dealer I feel is good at the sells area, sucks at service.

I have caught Middlekauf trying to jack me around, so be careful there. They should be doing the work for free anyway, but they are bad about procrastinating the work. They will lie there arses off to you about working on your vehicle, while it grows mold under the spot you parked it when you brought it in.
Bankston gave me serious attitude about 6 years ago and then again they tried to play with me when I was looking for my L. I don't know about their service. Some of the guys like it. Some don't.

This crap just plain sucks:flaming: .

Rocks

Band
01-06-2004, 10:15 PM
If you make it out to Hallsville Saturday, take me for a spin and show me what it's doing. Maybe we can figure something out.

Mark is on target with the drive shaft spinning trick. But you shouldn't have to do that on an "in warranty" truck.

We take all our company trucks to Town East Ford for our repair work. So far they have covered my butt pretty good.

Rocks:(

I wanted to add something else. I am noticing that the different dealers seem to have trouble in different areas of customer service. Town East is a real pain in the arse for buying vehicles, but they do good service work. Now it seems the dealer I feel is good at the sells area, sucks at service.

I have caught Middlekauf trying to jack me around, so be careful there. They should be doing the work for free anyway, but they are bad about procrastinating the work. They will lie there arses off to you about working on your vehicle, while it grows mold under the spot you parked it when you brought it in.
Bankston gave me serious attitude about 6 years ago and then again they tried to play with me when I was looking for my L. I don't know about their service. Some of the guys like it. Some don't.

This crap just plain sucks:flaming: .

Rocks

I plan on heading to hallsville. Hehe, funny you say that about Middlekauf, they barely got to my truck this evening before they closed (i dropped it off yesterday). I'm gonna save that paragraph on service for future reference :tu:

KJ94GT
01-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Piece of advice:
If you took your truck to Middlekauf, make sure you walk around the truck and look underneath for any damage. My truck was in for service last year and things got down right ugly. A friend just happened to be driving up there for parts and saw my truck in the middle of Plano Pkwy smoking the tires with two technicians in the cockpit. My friend goes to the Service Manager and reports what he saw. They blew him off, so he calls me at work. I went up there and they lied about it until a tech friend of mine came out and said he saw it too. So, to make a long story short, they blew out my rearend and bent my driver's side rear axle somehow, but mysteriously... it was my fault somehow. So, be cautious. I've never gone back.

my2002lightning
01-11-2004, 04:33 AM
Piece of advice:
If you took your truck to Middlekauf, make sure you walk around the truck and look underneath for any damage. My truck was in for service last year and things got down right ugly. A friend just happened to be driving up there for parts and saw my truck in the middle of Plano Pkwy smoking the tires with two technicians in the cockpit. My friend goes to the Service Manager and reports what he saw. They blew him off, so he calls me at work. I went up there and they lied about it until a tech friend of mine came out and said he saw it too. So, to make a long story short, they blew out my rearend and bent my driver's side rear axle somehow, but mysteriously... it was my fault somehow. So, be cautious. I've never gone back.
I remember someone a while back telling me that Middlekauf had an L or 2 stolen from their Service - storage lots with their keys IN the ignition! :hammer:

That's why when I get my oil changed, etc. at Bankston, I'm ALWAYS watching them below and keeping a visual.

And Bankston wants to charge me hourly to make sure the L's plugs are tight? :confused: :mad:

03LightningRocks
01-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Piece of advice:

Reading this post makes me so mad I could spit!!!! This doesn't surprise me though. I have often wondered how many of the A-Holes at dealerships pull his kind of crap.

I would be in jail, if this played out with my truck. There is no way I could keep from grabbing the service manager and just going to town on him.

Those people at middlecrotch all need to be ass raped. Actually, it would be apropriate to kick their mothers asses for burping scum like that out in the first place.

03LightningRocks
01-11-2004, 10:53 AM

And Bankston wants to charge me hourly to make sure the L's plugs are tight? :confused: :mad:
I am not a big fan of Bankston, but why would you expect anyone to work on your truck for fun????:rolleyes:

Maybe you should pay Terry to check them for you....you know....kind of like when you get paid for what ever it is that you do.

Rocks:tu: