PDA

View Full Version : Sensor?

bobbywade69
01-05-2004, 05:50 PM
The other day I was up under the L and found a sensor unpluged mounted to the outer fender well behind the drivers fog lamp it is white and U shaped I plugged it in, now my head lights stay on when ever the key is turned on and can't turn them off with the headlight switch but if I unplug the sensor the head lights turn off till I turn them on or the auto lights come on. Does anyone know what this sensor is or is it working properly, I don't like it cause I can't turn off the lights without turning the key off, the fog lamps don't come on till I manuely turn the headlights on or auto lights come on, but I unplug the sensor everything work correctly!! Can any one help me find out what this sensor is and is it working?

PoorSvtman
01-05-2004, 10:18 PM
The other day I was up under the L and found a sensor unpluged mounted to the outer fender well behind the drivers fog lamp it is white and U shaped I plugged it in, now my head lights stay on when ever the key is turned on and can't turn them off with the headlight switch but if I unplug the sensor the head lights turn off till I turn them on or the auto lights come on. Does anyone know what this sensor is or is it working properly, I don't like it cause I can't turn off the lights without turning the key off, the fog lamps don't come on till I manuely turn the headlights on or auto lights come on, but I unplug the sensor everything work correctly!! Can any one help me find out what this sensor is and is it working?

Hmm thats weird. When u come pick up those lights we can look and see if its on mine.

bobbywade69
01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
:tu:

jmlay
01-05-2004, 10:54 PM
In Canada you have to have daytine running lights. I though it was some extra hardware to make it work.

Mike Lay

PoorSvtman
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
In Canada you have to have daytine running lights. I though it was some extra hardware to make it work.

Mike Lay
Hmm that could be what it is.

bobbywade69
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
That would exsplain it mine was made in Canada and then they drove it all the way to texas for the buyer, I found out tonight u can turn them off but during the day u can't turn them off, strange I think I will unplug the thing it stupid!!