PDA

View Full Version : Rounded coil pack bolt...

Alpine
01-07-2004, 09:12 PM
:hammer: Terry, got any ideas or special tool to get it out, it's the one on the drivers side that you have to use the 7mm swivel on because of the fuel rail. I had the fuel rail off to get a strait down bite on it, but still could'nt get it.:flaming:

L8 APEX
01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
LOL, the joys of doin' it yourself:rll: . I would have to eye it for a definite solution. Generally I would weld a nut on top of it and wrench it off. Of course removing the charger, intercooler, fuel rail as needed for clearance.

Alpine
01-07-2004, 09:52 PM
LOL, the joys of doin' it yourself:rll: . I would have to eye it for a definite solution. Generally I would weld a nut on top of it and wrench it off. Of course removing the charger, intercooler, fuel rail as needed for clearance.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: ....I will bring it by and let you look at it, thats the last time I will let Steve do anything without adult supervision:banana: J/K Steve, that one was all me.:flaming:

tliss
01-07-2004, 10:08 PM
At least you didn't break the damn thing in half. Consider yourself lucky :d !

I had to get Tony to drill that damn bolt out and rethread a new hole to fix it.

Tom

02BOLT
01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
LOL, the joys of doin' it yourself:rll: . I would have to eye it for a definite solution. Generally I would weld a nut on top of it and wrench it off. Of course removing the charger, intercooler, fuel rail as needed for clearance.

Why we gotta be weldin' nuts and such? Doesn't sound so too very sharp to me...actually sounds kinda painful!:crying:

Alpine
01-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Why we gotta be weldin' nuts and such? Doesn't sound so too very sharp to me...actually sounds kinda painful!:crying:It's better then getting your bolt drilled:eek2:

L8 APEX
01-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Hey you two :postwhore 's go to bed, don't make me count to 3:nono: :D

02BOLT
01-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Hey you two :postwhore 's go to bed, don't make me count to 3:nono: :D

See ya'll tomorrow...:burnout:

cpeapea
01-08-2004, 07:05 AM
i ran into a similar problem once. try jb weld. jbweld a socket onto the rounded bolt and wait over night. try and remove it in the morning

03LightningRocks
01-08-2004, 10:53 AM
i ran into a similar problem once. try jb weld. jbweld a socket onto the rounded bolt and wait over night. try and remove it in the morning

That's pretty darned slick, Gaven:eek2: . I will have to remember that one.

Rocks:tu:

99WhiteBeast
01-08-2004, 01:00 PM
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: ....I will bring it by and let you look at it, thats the last time I will let Steve do anything without adult supervision:banana: J/K Steve, that one was all me.:flaming:
Oh no my L brethren- its you AKA torque monster

99WhiteBeast
01-08-2004, 01:02 PM
I think Jeffy tried that but probably only waited like 10 minutes or something- I think the boy has ALDD or ADLD or something:evil

cpeapea
01-08-2004, 08:04 PM
im pretty smert...heh.

i often have a problem with ADD, normally i just start doing something else in the middle of the other thing i was doing...wait...what was i talking about?:evil

Alpine
01-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I think Jeffy tried that but probably only waited like 10 minutes or something- I think the boy has ALDD or ADLD or something:evilYour :banned ...thats it, I will no longer let you work on my truck for free in your garage drinking your free beer and using all of your tools that sometimes end up in the back of my truck. I cant take this abuse any longer.:(

jcblack
01-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Your :banned ...thats it, I will no longer let you work on my truck for free in your garage drinking your free beer and using all of your tools that sometimes end up in the back of my truck. I cant take this abuse any longer.:(Me neither!!! I cant take it anymore Steve.

02BOLT
01-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Your :banned ...thats it, I will no longer let you work on my truck for free in your garage drinking your free beer and using all of your tools that sometimes end up in the back of my truck. I cant take this abuse any longer.:(

LMAO!!!:rll: .....Bad Steve....you're alright!:tu: :bows

Alpine
01-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Went to Terrys and he welded a nut to the top of the bolt and it came right out. Took him about 10 minutes after I had messed with it for three hours:hammer:

Thanks T.