PDA

View Full Version : Getting chip reburned

scott015
01-09-2004, 04:44 PM
i sent a copy of my dyno results to Sal at PSP and asked him about getting a reburn... this is what he said

The dyno looks great, the air/fuel is perfect where it is (11.7:1). The power is also great for your year of truck and mods. I would not change a thing. However, you could upgrade to a dual program chip, and add a race program for 98-104 octane, and that would get you close to 400rwhp. But the program you have now looks perfect.

so that being said.... I had 388hp, brand new F1 tires, traction bars and yet I still lost to a Z28 and Poorsvtman (less mods than me)

can anyone tell me why? I dont think its me the driver, i didnt seem to "mess up" and just spin for a long time or anything....

maybe its just me... maybe I gotta realize im driving a 5000 lb truck now and not a crotch rocket anymore....

Band
01-09-2004, 05:14 PM
i sent a copy of my dyno results to Sal at PSP and asked him about getting a reburn... this is what he said

The dyno looks great, the air/fuel is perfect where it is (11.7:1). The power is also great for your year of truck and mods. I would not change a thing. However, you could upgrade to a dual program chip, and add a race program for 98-104 octane, and that would get you close to 400rwhp. But the program you have now looks perfect.

so that being said.... I had 388hp, brand new F1 tires, traction bars and yet I still lost to a Z28 and Poorsvtman (less mods than me)

can anyone tell me why? I dont think its me the driver, i didnt seem to "mess up" and just spin for a long time or anything....

maybe its just me... maybe I gotta realize im driving a 5000 lb truck now and not a crotch rocket anymore....

The z28 could've had mods also. I would go to the track to see if it was me or the truck :D

PoorSvtman
01-09-2004, 05:29 PM
hey scott we can always race again. :nana2

scott015
01-09-2004, 05:46 PM
anytime anywhere

i still dont know to say we ever had a real official race... i would say our trucks were pretty even... but seemed like the faster we got, u were starting to pull on me.... maybe that has alot to do with the ftvb shifting better than me...

i dunno.... either way, when I get this radio install stuff done im gonna do the ftvb next

PoorSvtman
01-09-2004, 06:11 PM
anytime anywhere

i still dont know to say we ever had a real official race... i would say our trucks were pretty even... but seemed like the faster we got, u were starting to pull on me.... maybe that has alot to do with the ftvb shifting better than me...

i dunno.... either way, when I get this radio install stuff done im gonna do the ftvb next

Might be because of the FTVB. When you get yours let me know. We can have another mod party at my house

scott015
01-09-2004, 06:15 PM
ya maybe ill come over one weekend and we can do my ftvb and spark plugs.... ewwww... that sounds like fun

PoorSvtman
01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
ya maybe ill come over one weekend and we can do my ftvb and spark plugs.... ewwww... that sounds like fun

Yea when ever. Im thinking about changing my plugs again here soon.

bobbywade69
01-09-2004, 08:21 PM
I think its the drivers, I'll come over and all 3 of us will race!:nana2 Yea Mike sould know how to do the VB now after he we did 2 of them last week!:tu:

skalywags
01-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Yea when ever. Im thinking about changing my plugs again here soon.
When ya'll do this post it. I may tryto get out ther. i want see this plug fiasco happen. I never realized that plugs could be such a pain on a vehicle like this. I also wnato check out some of these mods, since I am still modless as far as the engine goes. I do want to at least check the plugs, to make sure they are tight. I may just goa head and get soem NGK's and replace them at that time. I just gotta watch, so I don't fall into this mod trap and start dropping a ton o' money.

PoorSvtman
01-10-2004, 02:58 AM
When ya'll do this post it. I may tryto get out ther. i want see this plug fiasco happen. I never realized that plugs could be such a pain on a vehicle like this. I also wnato check out some of these mods, since I am still modless as far as the engine goes. I do want to at least check the plugs, to make sure they are tight. I may just goa head and get soem NGK's and replace them at that time. I just gotta watch, so I don't fall into this mod trap and start dropping a ton o' money.

When ever your out this way just give me a buzz. Im thinking about yanking the supercharger off to clean the intercooler and all that mess in about a few weeks or just changing the plugs. Depends how lazy i get. With 73k miles im sure its pretty ugly. But anytime your out this way give me a call. 817-939-5924.