PDA

View Full Version : RS8 Ford Factory Focus

MadMax
01-10-2004, 02:30 AM
quote: Built to showcase Ford's newest aftermarket crate motor, the Focus RS8 combines the petite dimensions of Ford's smallest car with the awesome horsepower potential of its new all-alloy 5.0-liter crate engine. The result is a serious street sleeper that no Honda Civic dare come up on. Ford engineers modified the front and rear suspensions to fit the big V8 in addition to installing a heavy-duty five-speed transmission and racing clutch. They also converted it to rear-wheel drive, lowered it and slapped on a set of 18-inch wheels and tires to assure that it would be capable of coping with the 420 horsepower delivered by the lightweight V8. "With rear-wheel drive and over 400 horsepower, the Focus RS8 will make itself known at the drag strip and any road course," said Dan Davis, director of Ford Racing Technology. "We're even going to take it drifting!" We don't expect that they'll have much trouble getting it sideways.

Sixpipes
01-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Some of us were talking about this vehicle at the meeting on Thursday. Any details about the manufacturing process and cost? :cool:

Found a decent link:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/news/view.asp?linkid=310

MadMax
01-10-2004, 08:53 PM
The power to weight ratio should be astonishing to say the least. I wonder how feasable a project of this magnitude would cost via the Ford Parts Bin. The Fart Pipe crowd would be :throw: The high end Beamer/Porsche boyz would be annihilated in their tracks and would exhibit signs of **** eatin' grins.... :evil That is the German manufacture based Focus. They are about 210 HP stock with the 4 banger. It brings a whole new meaning to double or nothing :tu: the last I looked 210x2=420...hella of a mod=100 percent increase. I'll just drink my beer and dream of lotto earnings.... :beer: