PDA

View Full Version : Raced a ZO6 Today

03'svtlight
01-23-2004, 07:37 PM
My friend brought a yellow 04' ZO6 home today just for me to tangle with. I'm disappointed......... We raced (2) times. The first time we went from about 20mph punch and out of all the times, it stayed in second instead of kickin' back down to first. Still it wasn't too bad until I got passed 60mph. At that point we were briefly side by side. Just north of 100mph, he was 2 car lengths ahead. Round (2) was from a dead stand still. We left together and to my defense, I left black marks over 100 feet long. But I was still only slightly behind but I was no match in the triple digits. The same outcome. (2) car lengths. I really don't feel all that bad performance-wise with my truck, but that vette is crazy fast, especially when someone knows how to drive one. I also had my tailgate up, but who knows what if any difference that could've made. I can't think of anything I can do to help the top end other than another blower and long-tubes. All of which are major purchases in my book. Maybe this summer but until then, I'll just sit on my hands. Oh yeah , I video taped the whole thing also. :mad:

Band
01-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Can't spin em :D

Out of the gate is our best defense against the vettes.... 3rd and up they are a gone...

cpeapea
01-23-2004, 08:50 PM
get some slicks and jump him out of the hole

03'svtlight
01-23-2004, 09:17 PM
get some slicks and jump him out of the hole
yep, thats what I was thinking, but what if it had slicks also? Back to square 1. :rolleyes:
I would like to put the race on here but I have it on 8mm tape so how could I??

my2002lightning
01-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Your video camera have USB-outs?

If so, I'd think it's easy with the provided software...

Post-up, let's see it! :burnout:

L8 APEX
01-23-2004, 10:31 PM
If the guy in the 04 Z talks too much smack send him by the shop. We have a little somthin for him:D . Would he like one stage or two 450rwhp on motor, 550 stage one, 713rwhp stage 2:eek2: . Idle clip inside:cool:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15YellowZ_NOS2.jpg (http://www.performanceresearchonline.com/videos/YellowZ06.mpg)

Silver_2000
01-23-2004, 11:13 PM
If you can get it in mpeg or mov or wmv format Ill help you get it on the web.

Doug

03'svtlight
01-24-2004, 01:00 AM
If you can get it in mpeg or mov or wmv format Ill help you get it on the web.

Doug
I have just the basic white & yellow plugs on the camcorder so I wouldn't know what to do at this point.

03'svtlight
01-24-2004, 01:03 AM
If the guy in the 04 Z talks too much smack send him by the shop. We have a little somthin for him:D . Would he like one stage or two 450rwhp on motor, 550 stage one, 713rwhp stage 2:eek2: . Idle clip inside:cool:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15YellowZ_NOS2.jpg (http://www.performanceresearchonline.com/videos/YellowZ06.mpg)
He's already familiar with Darrens' ride thanks to me. Oh yeah and BTW, after today, I'm just about fed up with yellow ZO6's. :) They seem to be the quickest ones. :cool:

02BOLT
01-24-2004, 01:25 AM
He's already familiar with Darrens' ride thanks to me. Oh yeah and BTW, after today, I'm just about fed up with yellow ZO6's. :) They seem to be the quickest ones. :cool:
Give me a week...I'd love to run your friend.:twitch: I've been wanting to run a ZO6. Should be a fun race...those things are fricking sweeet!:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

03'svtlight
01-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Give me a week...I'd love to run your friend.:twitch: I've been wanting to run a ZO6. Should be a fun race...those things are fricking sweeet!:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:
Hey Rob, I've been by Terry's so I already know what you are up too. :tongue: But your 'before' combo would've been able smash his a$$ easy. I think those cars run about a 12.20 to 12.60 w/good driver right off the floor if I'm not mistaken. Terry would know for sure. As far as racing again, he would have to bring another one home. He's a sales manager a Chevy dealer that I'd rather not mention. :nono: :tongue: Hell, ol'yeller only had 20 miles on the clock!!!!!!!!!!! :eek2: You should've seen us out there wiping all the rubber off the rear quarters........... :D

03LightningRocks
01-24-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey Rob, I've been by Terry's so I alreay know what you are up too. :tongue: But your 'before' combo would've been able smash his a$$ easy. I think those cars run about a 12.20 to 12.60 w/good driver right off the floor if I'm not mistaken. Terry would know for sure. As far as racing again, he would have to bring another one home. He's a sales manager a Chevy dealer that I'd rather not mention. :nono: :tongue: Hell, ol'yeller only had 20 miles on the clock!!!!!!!!!!! :eek2: You should've seen us out there wiping all the rubber off the rear quarters........... :D

LOL....The cat is out of the bag now Rob....:d .

Rocks:evil

PoorSvtman
01-24-2004, 02:07 PM
LOL....The cat is out of the bag now Rob....:d .

Rocks:evil

Yep :burnout:

Silver_2000
01-24-2004, 02:16 PM
I have just the basic white & yellow plugs on the camcorder so I wouldn't know what to do at this point.
White is sound and yellow is video - You need someone with a Video card on thier PC that can capture the video. I used to have one but dont anymore...

Maybe some one else wiull volunteer. If you can get it in digital format - Ill clean it up and shrink it down for the web....

03'svtlight
01-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Ok Doug... I'll see what I can come up with.......... :cool:

DamonH
01-25-2004, 03:49 AM
I also had my tailgate up, but who knows what if any difference that could've made.
It's better to have your tailgate up, it gives you less resistance.