PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Steve!

mardyn
01-24-2004, 06:02 PM
I appreciate the effort y'all made on my behalf to obtain the manifold I was seeking.. . Thank you so much!

btw... When we were talking earlier today about having my parts "Alodined", noticed Jeff & Bobby had that look... WTF is this guy talkin' about...? Anyway, Alodine (not anodize-ing) is an industrial metal finishing or dyeing technique used in military, marine, and aviation applications... The result is a unique gold or clear finish that is embedded in the surface pores of the aluminum... looks very cool.. anyway, that's what I was talkng about...

I enjoyed our short visit, the trucks y'all have are awesome... Gotta' admit .. I'm a bit envious

Again, I'm really in debt to y'all for helping out on my search, I'll return the favor one day.

mardyn (David Berry) :) :)

jcblack
01-24-2004, 10:11 PM
I appreciate the effort y'all made on my behalf to obtain the manifold I was seeking.. . Thank you so much!

btw... When we were talking earlier today about having my parts "Alodined", noticed Jeff & Bobby had that look... WTF is this guy talkin' about...? Anyway, Alodine (not anodize-ing) is an industrial metal finishing or dyeing technique used in military, marine, and aviation applications... The result is a unique gold or clear finish that is embedded in the surface pores of the aluminum... looks very cool.. anyway, that's what I was talkng about...

I enjoyed our short visit, the trucks y'all have are awesome... Gotta' admit .. I'm a bit envious

Again, I'm really in debt to y'all for helping out on my search, I'll return the favor one day.

mardyn (David Berry) :) :)
Your not alone Bro, I know what Alodine is. I'm a aviation dude. That stuff is an awesome anti-corrosion coating, but bad for you if you handle it without gloves. Be careful.

mardyn
01-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Many of the block castings used in marine high perfromance applications are alodined instead of painting...

My plan is to alodine the intake manifold, the supercharger (Kenne Bell) discharge and inlet manifolds to give my engine a sort of industrial look.. all that polished aluminum is OK, but I want something a bit different... should look very cool with the Black supercharger case, Black w/red logo Ford Racing Valve covers on aluminum heads, and a few other unusal pieces and parts... all going on a Red car w Black accents...

Again, I really appreciate the help locating this 351 GT40 manifold... I was posting on other sites like crazy when my bud Dave Weaver suggested the Talon site... Can't believe I didn't think of it myself, but within' an hour of posting the request, I had several options to choose from... Steve (who didn't know me form Adam) located, purchased and cleaned up the intake for me... based on only a short phone conversation... he's a helluva guy...

Thanks
mardyn :)

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Steve is a good guy. Has to be because jeff always fills his garage up with anitfreeze.

99WhiteBeast
01-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Steve is a good guy. Has to be because jeff always fills his garage up with anitfreeze.
Yea I think I'm going to start charging an environmental fee or something for all the used fluids:eek2:

Alpine
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
:rll: Ya'll are killing me. I will get you 2 knuckleheads back. Nobody makes me look like a possums pecker! :nono:

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 09:37 PM
:rll: Ya'll are killing me. I will get you 2 knuckleheads back. Nobody makes me look like a possums pecker! :nono:

Bring It stinky feet :rll:

Steve if you have trouble getting rid of it ill swing by and pick it up and take little by little to work.

02BOLT
01-25-2004, 09:39 PM

That's correct, because you do a good enough job all by yourself!:d

Sorry Bro...you left yourself wide open for that one!:rll:

Alpine
01-25-2004, 09:45 PM
sh!t list
1. Rob
2. Rob
3. Rob
4. Rob
5. Rob
6. Rob
7. Rob
8. Rob
9. Steve
10. Mike
Hey Rob, hows the Dodge runnin':banana: :banana:

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 09:49 PM
sh!t list
1. Rob
2. Rob
3. Rob
4. Rob
5. Rob
6. Rob
7. Rob
8. Rob
9. Steve
10. Mike

Glad im on the bottom. Guess i can help u slick up your L to get off the list huh.

Alpine
01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Glad im on the bottom. Guess i can help u slick up your L to get off the list huh.That will definately get you off the list. Plus, I would be able to get Rob on there one more time.:d

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 09:54 PM
:evil

02BOLT
01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
sh!t list
1. Rob
2. Rob
3. Rob
4. Rob
5. Rob
6. Rob
7. Rob
8. Rob
9. Steve
10. Mike

What's the matter Jeffner?....can't count past 10?

Don't get mad at me 'cause you hung yer own damn self out to dry....... Homerlein!:bs

BTW...the Dodge is running just fine!:evil

L8 APEX
01-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Jeff needs some of those wheel teathers like F1 cars use. So his wheels don't go rolling through Steve's neighborhood unsupervised:hammer: .

Alpine
01-25-2004, 10:36 PM
What's the matter Jeffner?....can't count past 10?

Don't get mad at me 'cause you hung yer own damn self out to dry....... Homerlein!:bs

BTW...the Dodge is running just fine!:evil:confused: cant count past 10...What you talking about Willis? Someones having L withdrawls.

StormShadow
01-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Haha I love Beavis. :rll:

Alpine
01-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Jeff needs some of those wheel teathers like F1 cars use. So his wheels don't go rolling through Steve's neighborhood unsupervised:hammer: .LMFAO:rll: ....They are under strict supervision now!

02BOLT
01-25-2004, 10:56 PM
:confused: cant count past 10...What you talking about Willis? Someones having L withdrawls.

Yer damn skippy, I'm having withdrawals! It's for a good cause though...:nana2

99WhiteBeast
01-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Jeff needs some of those wheel teathers like F1 cars use. So his wheels don't go rolling through Steve's neighborhood unsupervised:hammer: .
We were just talking about that yesterday- Jeff's wheel rolls out of the garage and down the driveway yet manages to miss to two L's and the vette:eek2:

my2002lightning
01-25-2004, 11:23 PM
:confused: cant count past 10...What you talking about Willis? Someones having L withdrawls.Jeff can count well-past "10"... so can Steve. :tu: :D

I have 3 complete undergrad. degrees and 1 year at OU Law-School ("failed" lawyer, too - I'm too honest and can't lie ... Besides, IT isn't a bad fall-back gig. :D )

I couldn't have checked my plugs and made sure they were all tight by myself. Computer/smart....Mechanical/dumb.

8 snug ones (to start with) for a late-production '02.

Thanks guys! :tu:

Ronald

mardyn
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
That Cornholio avatar rocks!!

mardyn :D