PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Fuel Prices

Nuhklz
01-25-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm not looking to start a discussion on the best fuels to use but wanted to pass this along.

The Shell stations at the intersections of Arbrook/Cooper and Matlock/I20 are selling premium for $1.63/gal and it's been this way for the last week or so.

Thought I'd share :)

This is a :throw: free thread!

jcblack
01-25-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm not looking to start a discussion on the best fuels to use but wanted to pass this along.

The Shell stations at the intersections of Arbrook/Cooper and Matlock/I20 are selling premium for $1.63/gal and it's been this way for the last week or so.

This is a :throw: thread!
I usually stick with Mobil/Exxon and Cheveron.

Mobil 1 oil, might as well use mobil gas. I like to stick to the same name.

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 11:45 AM

This is a :throw: thread!

The shell on greenoaks and 20 was 1.63 the other day. Mobile on greenoaks little road area is 1.64 i believe.

But i get my gas in burleson most of the time after work. Its a tad cheaper. Chevron was 1.5? the other day i think.

Nuhklz
01-25-2004, 04:14 PM
The shell on greenoaks and 20 was 1.63 the other day. Mobile on greenoaks little road area is 1.64 i believe.

But i get my gas in burleson most of the time after work. Its a tad cheaper. Chevron was 1.5? the other day i think.

Those are good prices. I'm to used to seeing $1.72ish

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Those are good prices. I'm to used to seeing $1.72ish

Just dont buy gas from the station behind my house again larry :nono:

I dont want you to get a bad tank like so many do. :tu:

Hey you should come out to the track tonight.

03LightningRocks
01-25-2004, 06:52 PM

Just thought I'd pass along a little info on Exxon\Mobile. They're gas has a lower energy content than just about all the other "brands".

Cheveron and believe it or not, Citgo have some of the highest energy contents.

Don't even think about using the B.S. brands( Racetrak...Habibis...ect.) unless you like real low milage and pinging.

Rocks:tu:

Nuhklz
01-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Just dont buy gas from the station behind my house again larry :nono:

I dont want you to get a bad tank like so many do. :tu:

Hey you should come out to the track tonight.
I will never buy fuel from that place again! I noticed a little pinging all week and it drove me crazy.

We went bowling with some friends so i couldn't make the track. Hopefully you did as well as I did :tu: !

L8 APEX
01-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I was starting to worry the last few weeks. I was paying up to 1.76 a gallon:eek2: . I had to switch back to the vette for a 26mpg avg over 9-10 in the L:hammer: .

skalywags
01-25-2004, 10:21 PM
crap, it's &1.75 - $1.79 over here in North Iring/Coppell. I always stop and get gas at the shell at the Handley/ Eaderville (how ever you pall that) at the 121/820 split when I go ride in Weatherford. Yesterday it was $1.65.

my2002lightning
01-25-2004, 10:34 PM
I remember filling up at $1.7x/gal. at a Shell a while back here in Frisco.

PoorSvtman
01-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I will never buy fuel from that place again! I noticed a little pinging all week and it drove me crazy.

We went bowling with some friends so i couldn't make the track. Hopefully you did as well as I did :tu: !

Better be glad u just got pinging. Friends mom got gas there and, then it started having problems. So we did a tune up on it, still ran bad. Took it to a shop and they told us it was some realy bad gas, had alot of water in it.

SILVER2000SVT
01-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Exxon/Mobil gas makes my truck ping. I used to think it was good gas before I had my Lightning, but it's more than a coincidence after about the 5th or 6th time I noticed it and it doesn't do it with other brands of gas.

REXRENEGADE
01-26-2004, 10:21 AM
I used to pay $1.80 to $1.90 a Gal when I lived in San Diego from 1996 to 2001.
Every once in awhile it would dip down under $1.80 for premium. My buddies from Europe pay around 2 1/2 to 3 bucks a LITRE!:flaming: . So I don't feel to bad paying $1.50ish to $1.70ish a gal here in Texas. Gas in Oklahoma where my parents live is about 20 to 30 cents cheaper on average than Texas. Welcome to Big D boys.

Mr.Ed
02-26-2004, 02:46 PM

Mobile Exxon buy 98% of all their oil products from OPEC. :banned :banned :banned :banned :banned :banned :mad: banned

Silver_2000
02-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Mobile Exxon buy 98% of all their oil products from OPEC. :banned :banned :banned :banned :banned :banned :mad: banned

Uhh... Most of the world buys most of their oil from OPEC....

I buy most of my gas from GASP .... Alberstons. Its CHEAP and doesnt ping....

Doug

98Cobra
02-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Just thought I'd pass along a little info on Exxon\Mobile. They're gas has a lower energy content than just about all the other "brands".

Cheveron and believe it or not, Citgo have some of the highest energy contents.

Don't even think about using the B.S. brands( Racetrak...Habibis...ect.) unless you like real low milage and pinging.

Rocks:tu:
I have to respectfully disagree here. I use Exxon/Mobil all the time, without problems. No pinging, no decrease in power, nothing. It could be the location(s) where you have bought it. I usually only fill up at 3 or 4 stations in this area(Lewisville). I flat REFUSE to buy gas in Frisco unless the needle is below the E, because they rape you up here, bad.

I won't use RaceTrac because if your company has to run radio ads guaranteeing the quality of your gasoline, something is really wrong, or at least used to be. And I know someone who had a motor ruined from RaceTrac gas.

I don't know much about Shell, Chevron, Conoco, etc - simply because I buy all my gas on my gas card to track spending easier.