PDA

View Full Version : Next Track Day

scott015
01-26-2004, 11:02 AM
just curious... when you guys wanna meet up again for another track day?

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 12:28 PM
this weekend is not good, maybe next weekend. I think me and jeff are going to wax his truck if weather permits, but unsure if were actualy doing it.

Alpine
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
this weekend is not good, maybe next weekend. I think me and jeff are going to wax his truck if weather permits, but unsure if were actualy doing it. You just let me know when your ready to wax and I am there brother. Let me know what to bring and I will make it happen:tu:

scott015
01-26-2004, 07:15 PM
before i went to the track, i spent about 3.5 hours on my truck... just the outside... i was gonna detail the engine and shampoo carpets and everything... but i got tired.... i cleaned once with dish soap, then again with car wash soap... then dried, then put some maquires scratch x on a few spots, then used some black polish i had over entire truck.... then by that time, i got too tired and never even did a coat of wax.... but it did look good... i cant imagine what a good wax like zaino or using a buffer would do... i had to do all by hand

tliss
01-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Last tiem I waxed the truck it took me a week (I spend a sh#tload of time on it each time I do it). Washed twice, 2 coats Scratch X over the whole truck, 2 coats cleaner wax, 2 coats polish, 6-8 coats Meguiars Gold Class; detail the interior and engine bay, Mother's on the chrome wheels, clean wheel wells, polish exhaust tips, the works. I wish I had friends here in McKinney that would wax my truck!

As far as a track day, I definitely want to go to opening day in Ennis, Feb 20, I believe. I'll have a few of the neww goodies on the truck and I'll be up for some ass-whoopin' out there. That's my next trip to the track (most likely).

Tom

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 07:32 PM
before i went to the track, i spent about 3.5 hours on my truck... just the outside... i was gonna detail the engine and shampoo carpets and everything... but i got tired.... i cleaned once with dish soap, then again with car wash soap... then dried, then put some maquires scratch x on a few spots, then used some black polish i had over entire truck.... then by that time, i got too tired and never even did a coat of wax.... but it did look good... i cant imagine what a good wax like zaino or using a buffer would do... i had to do all by hand

Most waxes that you can get from autozone, pepboys will give you just as good result as zaino. Its all in how its applied.

If you cleaned your truck with dish soap you will take off any wax that may be on there.

With our trucks being black you basicly need to wax it every time you wash it. Black is a pain to maintain but its beautiful when clean.

I have worked at a few local car washes and did detail at all of them. I had customers that followed me to every place i worked at. Most of them all had bmws, vipers, porshce (sp?), Etc. So if you need help just ask

My friends red mr2 that was out at kennedale last night had a crappy maco paint job and i got it from looking orange to looking red again.

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Last tiem I waxed the truck it took me a week (I spend a sh#tload of time on it each time I do it). Washed twice, 2 coats Scratch X over the whole truck, 2 coats cleaner wax, 2 coats polish, 6-8 coats Meguiars Gold Class; detail the interior and engine bay, Mother's on the chrome wheels, clean wheel wells, polish exhaust tips, the works. I wish I had friends here in McKinney that would wax my truck!

As far as a track day, I definitely want to go to opening day in Ennis, Feb 20, I believe. I'll have a few of the neww goodies on the truck and I'll be up for some ass-whoopin' out there. That's my next trip to the track (most likely).

Tom

Takes me about an hour to hour an a half to wash and wax my L. :cool: I normaly dont mess with that scratch X stuff. I have some stuff that works pretty damn good just hard to get off.

Jeff- we can get together sometime next week and setup a time. All i need is your truck. If theres anything special you want to use bring it. I have a few half full bottles of wax that works pretty good.

Alpine
01-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Takes me about an hour to hour an a half to wash and wax my L. :cool: I normaly dont mess with that scratch X stuff. I have some stuff that works pretty damn good just hard to get off.

Jeff- we can get together sometime next week and setup a time. All i need is your truck. If theres anything special you want to use bring it. I have a few half full bottles of wax that works pretty good.:tu:

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 08:00 PM
:tu:

It will be :tu: if its not freezing cold

bobbywade69
01-26-2004, 08:03 PM
I'll be there too to surpervise:tu: I just got done waxing the red beast 2 coats of wax to a mirror shine:evil = 2hr of shiny bliss

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I'll be there too to surpervise:tu: I just got done waxing the red beast 2 coats of wax to a mirror shine:evil = 2hr of shiny bliss

yea it is your turn to be quality control :evil

StormShadow
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I'd like to get in on this too, however my truck is covered with rubber right now. :burnout:

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 08:44 PM
I can do everyones at once. Water bill would be high as crap. So far Jeff and Rob are on the top of the list since we have already talked about it.

Maybe when it starts to warm up and its not slow at work we can have a huge wash/wax party.

L8 APEX
01-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Have you seen Rob's truck? Washing it would only get it dirty:rll: .

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Have you seen Rob's truck? Washing it would only get it dirty:rll: .

Thats true

bobbywade69
01-26-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm up for another track day!:tu: :evil

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm up for another track day!:tu: :evil
LOL we did kinda trail of the thread subject huh.

Im up for another one. This sunday is the superbow, so im told, so i might go to a friends house and watch the commercials on his big screen.

bobbywade69
01-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Well sunday is going to be cold so I'll probley go to the track I'm off work that night.

LOL we did kinda trail of the thread subject huh.

Im up for another one. This sunday is the superbow, so im told, so i might go to a friends house and watch the commercials on his big screen.

scott015
01-27-2004, 10:01 AM
ya this sunday is no beuno as I am a HUGE football fan... football is my life... even more than the truck if you belive it or not... no crazy about either team because Im a Rams fan (born and grew up in St. Louis) and Patriots beat Rams in SuperBowl and Panthers beat them in playoffs this year.... so i hate them both....

but maybe on Feb 20 we can all meet up at Ennis... i would like to try out the 1/4 mile.... i know practice makes perfect and that 8.69 run isnt too bad right guys? im hoping if i can get good at it, i can dip into the 12s.... may take a few outings, but i think its in the truck, just me is the problem right now