PDA

View Full Version : Windshield repair

George G.
01-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Is anybody in the glass repair industry or know someone who is? I'm looking for someone who works on the side. I have a chip on my truck and 2 chips on my Isuzu. Both are smaller than a dime and on the passenger side. Let me know. Binswanger wants 29.95 per vehicle and 15.00 for the second chip on the Rodeo. I know, it ain't too bad but that add's up to 75 bucks + tax.

PoorSvtman
01-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Ill try and get the ladys number that comes to our dealership. She charged me 30 bucks for one chip. I think shes works by her self. You also know that sometimes insurance companys will pay for them to be repaired.

Theres a company that used to or still dose them at the colonial car wash on cooper. When i worked there alot of insurance companys paid for them.
Its worth the money because it will prevent the chip from cracking and sometimes make it almost disapear.

Aggie Mom
01-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Is anybody in the glass repair industry or know someone who is? I'm looking for someone who works on the side. I have a chip on my truck and 2 chips on my Isuzu. Both are smaller than a dime and on the passenger side. Let me know. Binswanger wants 29.95 per vehicle and 15.00 for the second chip on the Rodeo. I know, it ain't too bad but that add's up to 75 bucks + tax.

Some insurance companies will fix a chips for free without a deductible. Mine does (USAA). Check your policy. Just be careful, because if they determine the windsheild needs to be replaced they may (probably will) count it as an "occurance" which may raise your rates. My company generally allows no more than 2 to 3 occurances in 3 years (e.g., tickets, accidents, etc.). After that, we usually "recommend" you find insurance elsewhere. :eek:

George G.
01-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks for any help. I'll be paying for this out of my pocket. The last windshield repair I filed through my ins. went as a claim(I found that out later). If I file another, they said it might raise my rates.

99WhiteBeast
01-26-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm chiming in here because I just picked up a chip the other day on a 6 month old new windshield- frikin gravel haulers:throw:

George G.
01-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I know how you feel man. I had my HD less than 3 months and got a chip:mad: I gotta get it fixed before this cold weather makes it crack more.