PDA

View Full Version : Just shy of 400/500

03'svtlight
01-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I was just a couple of clicks away from eclipsing 400rwhp/500tq, 394hp/485tq. That was made with a 10% timing adv. (predator) and a 2% fuel enrichment. A/F is a safe 10.8:1. I think I could have leaned it out abit and kept it within an acceptable A/F ratio and broke the 400/500 mark......Maybe........ It didn't start out that way. My first pull (with a mild cool down) was not to be. The dyno guy was so busy talkin' about how bad a$$ Rocks' truck was yesterday, he kept stompin' mine too early which in turn made it downshift... :nono: I did like those "spiked" hp numbers though (560hp) :d But after several attempts (and by this time the fans were on), it was able to put down a respectable 377hp/463tq. After about a 15min cool down and the timing on full adv.(no pinging), I was able to lay down a nice no#. I think the swing in the performance came when I switched from the 'slowmaster' to the 'PR' installed (2) Borla mufflers/the x-pipe. My gut feeling is it was about a 30hp swing and like amount of torque if you take in consideration what I was down with the slowmaster to begin with.It just flat-out gets it now. The reason why I'm happy is because I left there with more power than what I came with and thats cool. But whats the coolest part is when I first got this truck, it was almost like I fell outta the wrong side of the bed as far as performance was concerned, until I met Stormshadow,LAPEX,RonRocks, and 02BOLT.I owe you guys for your help. If you need it and I got it, it yours :tu: :D

StormShadow
01-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Nice numbers Trai! (higher than mine).:tu: Now get you some LT's.

03LightningRocks
01-30-2004, 10:21 PM
I was just a couple of clicks away from eclipsing 400rwhp/500tq, 394hp/485tq. That was made with a 10% timing adv. (predator) and a 2% fuel enrichment. A/F is a safe 10.8:1. I think I could have leaned it out abit and kept it within an acceptable A/F ratio and broke the 400/500 mark......Maybe........ It didn't start out that way. My first pull (with a mild cool down) was not to be. The dyno guy was so busy talkin' about how bad a$$ Rocks' truck was yesterday, he kept stompin' mine too early which in turn made it downshift... :nono: I did like those "spiked" hp numbers though (560hp) :d But after several attempts (and by this time the fans were on), it was able to put down a respectable 377hp/463tq. After about a 15min cool down and the timing on full adv.(no pinging), I was able to lay down a nice no#. I think the swing in the performance came when I switched from the 'slowmaster' to the 'PR' installed (2) Borla mufflers/the x-pipe. My gut feeling is it was about a 30hp swing and like amount of torque if you take in consideration what I was down with the slowmaster to begin with.It just flat-out gets it now. The reason why I'm happy is because I left there with more power than what I came with and thats cool. But whats the coolest part is when I first got this truck, it was almost like I fell outta the wrong side of the bed as far as performance was concerned, until I met Stormshadow,LAPEX,RonRocks, and 02BOLT.I owe you guys for your help. If you need it and I got it, it yours :tu: :D

Good job man. Be careful with the "clicks"...LOL. Too lean and she'll go boom.

Rocks:tu:

03LightningRocks
01-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Good job man. Be careful with the "clicks"...LOL. Too lean and she'll go boom.

Rocks:tu:

By the way... your A/F is more than safe. If that 10.8/1 is for real, you could go a point higher depending on your timing. Did you use the preditor to get your timing numbers? That is about the only thing I use mine for.

Rocks

03'svtlight
01-30-2004, 10:51 PM
By the way... your A/F is more than safe. If that 10.8/1 is for real, you could go a point higher depending on your timing. Did you use the preditor to get your timing numbers? That is about the only thing I use mine for.

Rocks
yep, I'm max'd out the timing(predator).The only thing I can do for more power is lean her out a little and some race fuel. Oh yeah, and buy more parts. :evil

03LightningRocks
01-31-2004, 07:25 AM
yep, I'm max'd out the timing(predator).The only thing I can do for more power is lean her out a little and some race fuel. Oh yeah, and buy more parts. :evil
I was wondering what that maxed out number is?

Rocks

03'svtlight
02-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I was wondering what that maxed out number is?

Rocks
Leading up to WOT, its 32degrees. At WOT, its 19degrees. This is with a 64degree IAT reading.The mass air voltage is 4.86 w/the pro-m 95mm "flange style" meter. With a 10.8:1 A/F ratio. Lemme know whatcha think. :beer:

skalywags
02-01-2004, 10:27 PM
I'll tell ya what I think! I need to go the L school to learn what yo guys are talking about! Sounds great, that your getting all this though!

BTW, Hope to see ya at NTB tomorrow with my son's car.

03LightningRocks
02-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Leading up to WOT, its 32degrees. At WOT, its 19degrees. This is with a 64degree IAT reading.The mass air voltage is 4.86 w/the pro-m 95mm "flange style" meter. With a 10.8:1 A/F ratio. Lemme know whatcha think. :beer:
The 19 is the number I was curious about. On my streetside I am at 17 and on the race side I am at 21-22.

Your A/F seems fat...even for that timing. I am running and A/F at around 12 -12.2.

Mine is probably a bit lean for 93 octane. For 100 octane it is perfect.

Call up th fellow that sold you the preditor and tell him those numbers. He should lean it out and back off the timing a bit. Ask him if the predator locks out the 3 degree advance the factory computer is trying to throw at it for cold air.

Rocks

Rocks

03'svtlight
02-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks Rocks :tu: Ok Tom :D