PDA

View Full Version : Nextel

StormShadow
01-31-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm thinking of cancelling the Cingular contract and going with Nextel. Anyone have feedback on Nextel for me? What is a good phone to get from them? How are the rate plans? How is the coverage area?

L8 APEX
01-31-2004, 11:29 PM
It seems that most all service providers are having service problems. On my company phone I talked about 3000 daytime minutes a month (Brain Damage). We had AT&T got a lot of dropped calls, coverage was good. Then NExtel, the 2 way is nice since a lot of folks have it now. My old service writer and GM at the dealer were on Nextel. I think it costs more, the company went to Cingular after the 6 month free trial with Nextel. The 2 way is faster to communicate than a phone call. It does have dead spots and garbles now and then. I liked Cingular the best so far I had very few dropped calls and it worked about anywhere. When I got laid off I bought Sprint PCS they had the msot minutes for the dollar 2000 peak for 99 bucks. It drives me crazy out of town, roaming charges all the damn time. It won't work in my shop at work.. I may go to Nextel or back to Cingular soon. I saw a new small flip Nextel Motorola in a mail flyer. I am leary of Nextel because the REALLY sucked 3 years ago and still have probs. But I am optomistic they are getting better. If you want dead reliable service stay with the main providers Cungular or AT&T on DTMA service. GSM is still scarce and TMobile, and others are not well covered out of the big cities.

my2002lightning
02-01-2004, 12:02 AM
A friend of mine back in Tulsa had Nextel and he was always dropping signal, etc.

We're on Sprint nation-wide and have not had issues from here to OH. except in elevators in buildings and some roaming charges at the parent's place in OK.

Off topic, I have a Samsung N400 that has ACTUALLY been through the washing machine and still works after having dried it out!

Laney had to order a $40 "retail" battery for it off of ebay for $10, though. E-Bay rocks! :banana: The cell works like a brand-new one now.

Just check your pants pockets for cell-phones before washing! :tu:

Ronald