PDA

View Full Version : SilverStars great mod, PepBoy's thumbs down!

Boosted32v
02-02-2004, 02:37 PM
So I wake up to my Sunday paper yesterday and I see Sylvania Silverstars for 16.88 a pair with a $6.00 mail in rebate in a PepPunks ad (39.95 at Wal-Mart, but never in stock), so I call up there only to be put on hold for 10 minutes, so I decide to go up there. I go to the headlight isle only to find a note saying that there was a mis-print (still $39.95), dirty advertsing SOB'S!!! So I go to the counter to protest to the manager, they knocked off $5.00 off of each pair (9007 & 9005) and I still got to send in the rebate, so I wound up paying 34.95 - minus the rebate, bringing the total to 28.95 a pair, not too bad, but I'm still not to happy with the shaddy ad techniques of Pepdicks! :mad:

On a happier note, the Silverstars work great! I installed the driver side first and turned on the headlights & fogs for comparison and I was shocked at the yellow and dim factory beam, the silverestars were brighter and did not give off a blue light, which I did not want. I went for a cruise after the superbowl and I was amazed at the brightness of the road in front of me, very clean and bright, I highly recommend this mod, oh and be sure and take off the side markers before installing it will knock off 30 minuites of install time. :tu:

my2002lightning
02-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Yep, I'm running the SilverStar's and there's a BIG difference over stock bulbs.

Ronald

travis5000_99
02-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Yep, I'm running the SilverStar's and there's a BIG difference over stock bulbs.

Ronald

I went to Pepboys recently and didnt notice "silverstars"?? Is this a particular brand or what?? I have been shopn around for some brighter lights but without the Cheap ass Blue look.... I did see bulbs in the single packs that say they are brighter... I didnt not see any in a pair though.. Also how the F are you supposed to install the bulb on the driver side???

Boosted32v
02-02-2004, 04:27 PM
I went to Pepboys recently and didnt notice "silverstars"?? Is this a particular brand or what?? I have been shopn around for some brighter lights but without the Cheap ass Blue look.... I did see bulbs in the single packs that say they are brighter... I didnt not see any in a pair though.. Also how the F are you supposed to install the bulb on the driver side???
Yes they are, they are made by Sylvania, the brand is Silverstar, they come in pairs. They do have a blue type coating, but do not give off a blue light, it is bright and clean, almost as good as HID, but at a big savings. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably going to install HID in my Cobra, but at 400.00 +, these type of halogeon bulbs will work. I checkout other peoples trucks and saw dozens of pics, because I did not want that ricey blue light...'Henry

my2002lightning
02-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I went to Pepboys recently and didnt notice "silverstars"?? Is this a particular brand or what?? I have been shopn around for some brighter lights but without the Cheap ass Blue look.... I did see bulbs in the single packs that say they are brighter... I didnt not see any in a pair though.. Also how the F are you supposed to install the bulb on the driver side???I think Auto-Zone carries them and so do most Wal-Marts.

I had to search a while to find the 9007/9005s with all 4 stocked at once.

Pop your hood and see those 2 black tabs on top of each headlight assy.?

They pull up (it's tough the first time and you have to pry on them a bit) and your headlights slide forward so you can get at the backside of the headlight.

It's easy once you do it the first-time.

Ronald

travis5000_99
02-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes they are, they are made by Sylvania, the brand is Silverstar, they come in pairs. They do have a blue type coating, but do not give off a blue light, it is bright and clean, almost as good as HID, but at a big savings. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably going to install HID in my Cobra, but at 400.00 +, these type of halogeon bulbs will work. I checkout other peoples trucks and saw dozens of pics, because I did not want that ricey blue light...'Henry

Sweet... I gonna definatly getem'.... Sut still how do you deel with the drivers side bulb?????

travis5000_99
02-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Sweet... I gonna definatly getem'.... Sut still how do you deel with the drivers side bulb?????

Never mind just saw the post... :banana:

bobbywade69
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Headlights are easy to install pull both tabs up pull headlight out, pull bulb, put new one in, and insert headlight back in place, and push tabs back down. Easy takes about 5 mins maybe 10 tops!:tu:

bobbywade69
02-02-2004, 04:39 PM
When did they start putting SilverStars in pairs? I always found them sold sperate, I had them in the L for about 4 months they are pretty good above stock but I found a better pair a got for PoorSVTMan they are pure white and alot brighter than the silverstars but don't give the blue look! I don't know who makes them but I can find out!:tu:

PoorSvtman
02-02-2004, 05:54 PM
When did they start putting SilverStars in pairs? I always found them sold sperate, I had them in the L for about 4 months they are pretty good above stock but I found a better pair a got for PoorSVTMan they are pure white and alot brighter than the silverstars but don't give the blue look! I don't know who makes them but I can find out!:tu:

Are you talking about the bulbs i gave you? If so i can get them for about 20 bucks. Thats my cost. Cant remeber the brand tho.

bobbywade69
02-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Yes the bulbs u gave me, my friend didn't want them when he got the L so I used them!

PoorSvtman
02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes the bulbs u gave me, my friend didn't want them when he got the L so I used them!

Lol good deal, atleast somebody is using them. I thought they were a little blue but that could have been the blue bulbs in the fogs i got from pep boys :hammer: