PDA

View Full Version : I ran a new best today....

02BOLT
02-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Sayle and I made the pilgrimmage out to Hallsville today. The L ran a new best, with her "new" shortblock and tune. Here's how it went...

60'.....1.624
1/8.....7.282
MPH...95.67
1/4....11.359
MPH...120.44

This is with the 4lb lower and 3" upper pulley combo on the KB, producing b/w 17-18psi. There are still some bugs to work out of the tune, as the motor has a very noticeable hesitation or bog, when the converter locks up in 2nd AND 3rd gear. The motor recovers, but it's costing me at least a tenth and one MPH or more. Evidently the converter is locking up too soon. It's always something...in the never-ending quest for ET.(that's Elapsed Time, not Extra Terrestrials, for you smart ellacs out there---you know who you are. :d )

At any rate, I'm ecstatic that she's running as strong as she is, and made the trip out there, and back without incident. Thanks again Terry for ALL your help.:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

Band
02-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Congrats!! :tu:

Sixpipes
02-07-2004, 09:06 PM
That's a pretty serious time there Rob. Congratulations. Hallsville will probably be the only place that will let you run those kind of times without a cage. :tu: :tu:

03LightningRocks
02-07-2004, 10:24 PM
That's a pretty serious time there Rob. Congratulations. Hallsville will probably be the only place that will let you run those kind of times without a cage. :tu: :tu:

You get one, "freebie", a week at Ennis:nana2 . First pass is a warning, second is a, "pack it up".

WAY TO GO ROB!!!!!!!!!! Looks like we have a new King in the house. The Nozzzzzz boys are going to have to figure out a new technique:throw: .

Congrats Rob:tu:

Rocks:nana2 :nana2 :nana2

03'svtlight
02-07-2004, 10:27 PM
:beer:

Razor
02-08-2004, 11:18 AM
I take it you have a few bucks in the bottom end!:beer:

cpeapea
02-08-2004, 03:14 PM
nawssssss and twin screw! juice it juice it juice it Rob!

03LightningRocks
02-08-2004, 04:24 PM
nawssssss and twin screw! juice it juice it juice it Rob!

I think he wants to make it go fast the honest way...LMFAO. :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

Rocks:d

ThunderBolt
02-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Holy crap! That's quick! Congrats. :beer:

tliss
02-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Rob, you are totally the shiznit:tu: . Congrats on the awesome time!

Tom

02BOLT
02-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks Guys!:tu: I have NO plans for N2O, and even less for a cage. I just cannot bring myself to cutting up this truck. I'll just carry my happy a$$ out to Ennis, make my one pass, take my a$$ eatin', then hang out and watch everyone else race. Hopefully Kennedale won't give me too much grief.;)

I have a feeling, I won't be holding the top spot for long, but it's cool to have it, if only for a little while.:beer:

See you at the track...or somewhere in between,

Mark #2
02-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Sayle and I made the pilgrimmage out to Hallsville today. The L ran a new best, with her "new" shortblock and tune. Here's how it went...

60'.....1.624
1/8.....7.282
MPH...95.67
1/4....11.359
MPH...120.44

This is with the 4lb lower and 3" upper pulley combo on the KB, producing b/w 17-18psi. There are still some bugs to work out of the tune, as the motor has a very noticeable hesitation or bog, when the converter locks up in 2nd AND 3rd gear. The motor recovers, but it's costing me at least a tenth and one MPH or more. Evidently the converter is locking up too soon. It's always something...in the never-ending quest for ET.(that's Elapsed Time, not Extra Terrestrials, for you smart ellacs out there---you know who you are. :d )

At any rate, I'm ecstatic that she's running as strong as she is, and made the trip out there, and back without incident. Thanks again Terry for ALL your help.:tu:

Later,
Rob,
Did you get a new short block? L8s old one?
Mark

03LightningRocks
02-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Rob,
Did you get a new short block? L8s old one?
Mark

You didn't think he was throwing all that boost at a stock lower end...did you???

Stock lowers would not be able to take it.

He does now have a JDM built bottom end...but it wasn't Terry's:tu: .

Rocks:twitch:

T Hogg
02-09-2004, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=02BOLT]

I have a feeling, I won't be holding the top spot for long, but it's cool to have it, if only for a little while.:beer:

Great times chief. Hella MPH!!!:eek2:

Keep up the good work.:twitch:

02BOLT
02-09-2004, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=02BOLT]

Great times chief. Hella MPH!!!:eek2:

Keep up the good work.:twitch:

Thanks Terry,

I understand you have a new combo yourself. It should be fun trying to keep up with ya!:tu:

Take it easy,

T Hogg
02-09-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm glad to see our club getting faster and faster. Those HALO guys better watch out.:)

Shiner1
02-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Great numbers Rob. :tu:

Tommylightning
02-10-2004, 07:08 AM

60'.....1.624
1/8.....7.282
MPH...95.67
1/4....11.359
MPH...120.44

Later,

Great job Rob!!!!! Terry just sent me a clip of a run down the street, the truck runs it's A$$ off. I will move the converter lockup some and send you a new program :tu:

BTW: Make a post on the "other" sites when you get a chance. I have a few people asking about your truck. :eek2: