PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper isn't always..

L8 APEX
02-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Funny story about a customer that came in Monday. He had a automatic 95 5.0 LX stang. It was spewing ATF from the front seal. He was riding in the tow truck going shop to shop getting quotes. He stopped at our shop and we said 285 to remove and reseal the trans. He said the tranny shop up the road would do it for 200. We laughed and said "but we won't sell you a rebuild when we get it out". Low and behold the guy came back today saying they tried to sell him a new converter, and rebuild for $1500 bucks:eek2: I tried to tell him they were just low balling him to get him in the door:hammer:

George G.
02-11-2004, 09:46 AM
pretty slick!

tliss
02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
So now he's trying to come to you for the work, huh? Time to jack up the price!!!:rll:

Tom

99WhiteBeast
02-11-2004, 10:23 AM
So to replace the front pump seal and R&R the tranny its $285? If so that is a very fair price what an idiot.

I'm having a similar issue in my 95GT but it is not bad yet. I need to do the rear main seal while were at it. What would that cost me?

Wht95Lightning
02-11-2004, 12:27 PM
$285 sounds way cheap to me. I wouldn't do it for that myself.
Hmmm, I think my rear main may be seaping and as long as we're at it, let's put a navi converter in there. How much would that cost me? :d

L8 APEX
02-11-2004, 08:12 PM
He came in today with another car, LOL. The other shop told him it needed a rebuild so he went to the auction and bought another 5.0 conv. He has a dealer auction hookup I guess. Anyway, these cars are for his hoochie he is trying to get something cheap for him and reliable for her. He got a deal on this one because the balancer is busted and the motor sounds like CRAP. He hopes we can do a $180 balancer job and it will be a great car:rolleyes: .

TP Derrick D
02-12-2004, 06:40 PM
He came in today with another car, LOL. The other shop told him it needed a rebuild so he went to the auction and bought another 5.0 conv. He has a dealer auction hookup I guess. Anyway, these cars are for his hoochie he is trying to get something cheap for him and reliable for her. He got a deal on this one because the balancer is busted and the motor sounds like CRAP. He hopes we can do a $180 balancer job and it will be a great car:rolleyes: .
Man, I need to just be able to buy the 5.0's away from him...people like that just mess up a Mustang ,cutting corners and rigging it up....make me want to :vomit:

L8 APEX
02-13-2004, 01:26 AM
You would have laughed today. I replaced the bad balancer and the outer ring was totally seperated from the inner hub. Sounded like a chinese rattle going around. Those balancers do a LOT of work you don't notice until they fail.

Nuhklz
02-13-2004, 07:51 AM
You would have laughed today. I replaced the bad balancer and the outer ring was totally seperated from the inner hub. Sounded like a chinese rattle going around. Those balancers do a LOT of work you don't notice until they fail.
Does this qualify him for a PR sticker?

TP Derrick D
02-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah,that's why I got $300 + invested in my h-balancer on the Stang.I believe it was the Ford Motorsport one.