PDA

View Full Version : Ennis Opened At Last!!!!!!!

03LightningRocks
02-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Looks like next Friday the 20th, Ennis will be open for the LTI fast Friday...Test and Tune basicly.

It would be really cool if a whole bunch of the L brothra's showed up in force. Who knows, maybe an SRT-10 will show up for us to whip up on:d .

Anyway...I am going. That is if it doesn't rain, hail, sleet or snow.

Finally...a track is opened where the girls will have most of their teeth:eek2: and the bleachers are safe to sit on.

:banana: Rocks:nana2

:beer:

andy_cain
02-14-2004, 12:35 AM
oooohhhhh, ooooohhhhhh, "tickett for two please":nana2

03LightningRocks
02-14-2004, 01:05 AM
oooohhhhh, ooooohhhhhh, "tickett for two please":nana2

I just saw your post in the other thread...LOL. I guess you are in:tu: . I am going to head out there about 4 P.M. so I can let my truck cool and get my passes in before the crowd builds at 9 pm.

Everyone just remember...if your running slicks, pull down the staging lane in the furthest right lane you can. Let the radial boyzzz all pile up in the left staging lanes.

Rocks

Band
02-14-2004, 04:04 AM
My schedule will be busy for a few weeks... but I might be able to manage next Saturday..

tliss
02-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I was considering heading out there on the 20th as well. I hear opening day sux because of all the import punks that show up, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't believe gates open until 6, though. I want to try at least a few runs before I get the next round of goodies. Count me in.

Also, opening day is in the TALON calendar :tu:

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-14-2004, 01:41 PM
I was considering heading out there on the 20th as well. I hear opening day sux because of all the import punks that show up, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't believe gates open until 6, though. I want to try at least a few runs before I get the next round of goodies. Count me in.

Also, opening day is in the TALON calendar :tu:

Tom
I had heard that too. Then I get out there, last season, and find out that it was not all that bad.

Just get there early and get your passes in before the street racers start to show up. Also remember to get in the FAR right staging lanes. You'll be able to drive right past the streeters and straight up to the front. You suppose to have your slicks on to do this though.

Honestly guys, most of the folks out there are not really "punks". They are just young button bucks, like some of us use to be, trying out there new antlers...they won't hurt you...LOL...I promise.:rll:

See ya there Tom....it'll be fun

Rocks:beer:

tliss
02-14-2004, 01:55 PM
...they won't hurt you...LOL...I promise.:rll:

I'm not worried about the ricer punks causing trouble. I'm worried about one of these guys with no experience losing control of their vehicle and never stepping off the throttle. Gotta admit it is easier to lose it on a rear wheel drive vehicle, but you never know with these kids. The advantage we have against these ricers is we'll be long gone before they hit the 60' line :burnout: .

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-14-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm not worried about the ricer punks causing trouble. I'm worried about one of these guys with no experience losing control of their vehicle and never stepping off the throttle. Gotta admit it is easier to lose it on a rear wheel drive vehicle, but you never know with these kids. The advantage we have against these ricers is we'll be long gone before they hit the 60' line :burnout: .

Tom

I new that Tom, I was just having a bit of fun with it. I have noticed that most of the less experienced racers, show up later in the night. The other good thing is that the less experienced guys, usually, don't have very fast cars. So like you said...we are long gone by the time they hit the 60' mark...LOL.

My only real bitch about the front wheel drive guys, is the water puddles they leave all over the launch pad. I will usually try to get behind a rear wheel racer with big arse slicks. They will clean the water up for you:D .

Rocks:nana2

Crawford
02-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Hmmm... looks like I finally have an excuse to get my slicks mounted on those rims. Count me in!

Tom, we need to take off work early and caravan up there!!!

tliss
02-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Hmmm... looks like I finally have an excuse to get my slicks mounted on those rims. Count me in!

Tom, we need to take off work early and caravan up there!!!
What time do you want to roll, maestro? I will plan to leave the office at 4 or so.

Tom

QIK KAT
02-14-2004, 06:20 PM
I just saw your post in the other thread...LOL. I guess you are in:tu: . I am going to head out there about 4 P.M. so I can let my truck cool and get my passes in before the crowd builds at 9 pm.

Everyone just remember...if your running slicks, pull down the staging lane in the furthest right lane you can. Let the radial boyzzz all pile up in the left staging lanes.

RocksSee ya on the left with my 305 radials!:nana2

03LightningRocks
02-14-2004, 07:00 PM
See ya on the left with my 305 radials!:nana2

Pretend they are slicks...if they gripe at ya...which they won't....do it again and say you forgot:rll: .

QIK KAT
02-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Your right, xnay the 305s, oyah the wrinckles!:evil

QIK KAT
02-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Or better yet, like my great, great, grand pappy used to say.....If you got a elephant trunk you better cut it , youll get a better grip:burnout:

Crawford
02-15-2004, 05:14 PM
What time do you want to roll, maestro? I will plan to leave the office at 4 or so.

Tom
Hmm dont know. Lemme talk to the boss tomorrow and see what I can pull off. I am pretty sure I can get out at 4 no problem. Maybe sooner.

03LightningRocks
02-16-2004, 11:38 PM
My schedule will be busy for a few weeks... but I might be able to manage next Saturday..

Hey Sayle,

Just wanted to let ya know...I am probably going to Hallsville Saturday as well. Rob may go also...

I'll call you to firm it up this week.

03'svtlight
02-16-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm about 50/50 on going. ;)

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm about 50/50 on going. ;)

WooHoo!!!!!!!!! It's starting to be a group. More...more...we need more.

Band
02-17-2004, 12:42 AM
So Hallsville instead of Ennis?

I'm down for either.

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 01:14 AM
So Hallsville instead of Ennis?

I'm down for either.

You must be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both you frigging newbie:d .

Band
02-17-2004, 01:34 AM
You must be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both you frigging newbie:d .

ROFL! I C now...

I've only known waking up at the crack of arse to go race. This evening stuff is still unknown...

Should find a better gas station than the one in Hallsville.

Too much racing makes you go blind :nono:

Crawford
02-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Is someone going to have a jack I can borrow to do some tire swappin???

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Is someone going to have a jack I can borrow to do some tire swappin???

I will have one that you may use to do the arriving part with....I will be leaving around 8:30-9:00...so the leaving part may be hard unless your ready to go early. There should be someone else there with a jack that could loan you one for the leaving part.

Something else I just thought of...I have a 3.5 ton floor jack that I would sell you for 50 bucks. I paid around 100 or so for it last February. I bought a new one that is lighter last month.

Rocks:tu:

StormShadow
02-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Something else I just thought of...I have a 3.5 ton floor jack that I would sell you for 50 bucks. I paid around 100 or so for it last February. I bought a new one that is lighter last month.

Rocks:tu:[/QUOTE]
Did you get the "Rob" jack?

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 09:36 PM

Rocks:tu:Did you get the "Rob" jack?[/QUOTE]

You bet your sweet arse I did.....no more racetrack weight lifting for me....or should I say Howard...LOL. He was threatening to claim workers comp. on me.

Rocks

03'svtlight
02-17-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm game for Ennis!!!! :tu: Gotta pick up some 305 nittos from an ol'friend ;) and I'm there. Just wandering what risk am I taking on the hard launches without traction bars?? I would hate to leave my driveshaft on the track. The tow bill is not pretty. I already had to do that once with my 88' mustang. :mad:

Crawford
02-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Ron,

Thanks for the loan. I will let you know on the jack. I might not be staying long either... depends on how badly the place gets flooded with ricers. I just want to make 5-7 good passes then I think I will have had my fill. No interest in sitting in the stands watching 16 second passes either... Unless Tom has any bright ideas! :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 11:52 PM
trai,

I don't thinkyou will have too much to worry about using Nitto's...unless they are slicks, the drive shaft will be fine.

Crawford,

I hear ya on the getting out quick theory....LOL. I will bring the spare jack so you can check it out and decide.....no biggy either way. I really had not even thought about selling it untill I read your post....See you there:nana2 .

Rocks

02BOLT
02-17-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm game for Ennis!!!! :tu: Gotta pick up some 305 nittos from an ol'friend ;) and I'm there. Just wandering what risk am I taking on the hard launches without traction bars?? I would hate to leave my driveshaft on the track. The tow bill is not pretty. I already had to do that once with my 88' mustang. :mad:
You shouldn't have any problem with the driveshaft at all on the DR's. They don't "squat" like slicks do. Furthermore, your truck's not lowered is it?(shackles are OK) Lowering the truck really screws up the pinion angle, which greatly increases the chances of driveshaft failure.(without traction bars) You should be fine!:tu:

Later,
Rob

Band
02-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Don't forget your video cameras! :tu:

Crawford
02-18-2004, 09:15 PM
FYI:

Forecast calls for 23mph winds out of the west by north west. Track starts southwest and heads northeast. Looking at a speedy crosswind from the left.

At 9pm we will be looking at 55 degrees and 62% humidity.

Crawford
02-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Question: What are the race fuel options at the track? Cost? Octane? Unleaded? Gonna need some!

03LightningRocks
02-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Question: What are the race fuel options at the track? Cost? Octane? Unleaded? Gonna need some!

100 octane or 104 octane. It was about six bucks a gallon...give or take 50 cents.

Do you have a race tune for the track? If not, I wouldn't throw my money away on 100 octane.

Rocks

03'svtlight
02-18-2004, 10:11 PM
I am 100% sure I'm going! :nana2 Stormshadow is in also. Talked to him today. :D So how many is it?? I should be there no later than 5pm :tu:

03LightningRocks
02-18-2004, 11:12 PM
I am 100% sure I'm going! :nana2 Stormshadow is in also. Talked to him today. :D So how many is it?? I should be there no later than 5pm :tu:
I maybe should throw something in here....the track opens at 6...starts running at 7....if ya get there at 5...it may be lonely...LOL.

Rocks

03'svtlight
02-19-2004, 12:02 AM
LOL you said 4 so I was going by what you said. See ya at 6 :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-19-2004, 12:25 AM
LOL you said 4 so I going by what you said. See ya at 6 :cool:

Yeah...I remembered saying that. I figured that's what had caused the confusion. I am leaving Plano at 4, but I have to make a stop on the way....I left that part out...LOL....sorry bout that.

tliss
02-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Ron,

Why not meet up with us in the BoneDaddy's parking lot around 4 and convoy down? We're planning on stopping for some grub somewhere out of town anyway.

Tom

Silver_2000
02-19-2004, 08:41 AM
I have a couple gallons of High octane left over from last Hallsvile run

5 bucks takes it....

Doug

03'svtlight
02-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey Rocks, if I put the timing on 19deg.,would I need some HIGHER octane?? It didn't ping on the dyno (that I could hear anyway), but I know the load on the track could be abit different. Definitely not gonna use octane boost again. That stuff sux.

03LightningRocks
02-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey Rocks, if I put the timing on 19deg.,would I need some HIGHER octane?? It didn't ping on the dyno (that I could hear anyway), but I know the load on the track could be abit different. Definitely not gonna use octane boost again. That stuff sux.
If you are running 19 degrees timing at WOT, you have a tune that was set up for a higher octane fuel than the typical pump stuff...(91/93). Add enough race fuel to bring the octane up to AT LEAST 97 octane.

What A/F is that tune running? What did you use to get the timing number. That sounds a little high for street gas usage.

Good move on the "octane booster". That crap is only for the folks that don't know any better. I saw your post on it and figured you learned your lesson. So I didn't see an need to jump in and tell you not to use it.

Tom....I would but I have a couple of things I have to deal with on the way out of town. I hope to get to Ennis by 6. Thanks for the invite though:D .

Rocks

Crawford
02-19-2004, 10:57 AM
100 octane or 104 octane. It was about six bucks a gallon...give or take 50 cents.

Do you have a race tune for the track? If not, I wouldn't throw my money away on 100 octane.

Rocks
Ron,
I have a 100 octane race program so I am good to go.

Doug,
I will pass on the couple gallons, I am going to just pick up the fresh stuff at the track. :tu:

03'svtlight
02-19-2004, 10:20 PM
I adjusted the predator from the base tune. Thats how I got to 19deg. Base tune 17deg. @11.0:1 A/F. I can go from 12.0:1 to pig rich 10.0:1. I'm thinking 11.5:1 is where I wanna be. :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-19-2004, 10:35 PM
I adjusted the predator from the base tune. Thats how I got to 19deg. Base tune 17deg. @11.0:1 A/F. I can go from 12.0:1 to pig rich 10.0:1. I'm thinking 11.5:1 is where I wanna be. :cool:

Be careful running the 19degrees with the 12/1 while it is cold out(under 55 degrees).

11.5 is probably a better choice until it warms up outside.

My tune is hot as hell on street and race side....BUT........I stay out of boost unless I am at the track or Dyno when it is cold. I buy my race fuel(104) in 54 gallon barrels, and mix it to bring my fuel in the tank to 100 octane, when I plan to get on it.

When it is warmer outside I do get in it alot on my street side with pump gas...but never in a sustained run.

Bring the predator with you Friday night and log your run going down the track. I want to see if the program is backing your timing out about 3 degrees as you near the 5200 RPM range before each shift. This is a neat little trick that can help reduce the chance of detonation as you near peak loads on the motor. I am wondering if Diablo is programing for this.

Rocks

03'svtlight
02-20-2004, 12:46 AM
ok :beer:

03'svtlight
02-20-2004, 12:51 AM
I dont drive it @19, only on the dyno was when I made that adjustment. I keep it on the "as shipped" tune which puts the A/F@11.0:1 and the timing @ 17. :cool:

L1nt2B
02-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Lets Go :nana2

03'svtlight
02-20-2004, 11:20 AM
See You There Tim :D

03LightningRocks
02-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Alright Tim....it's good to see your going.

Now we need Doug to show and we will have pics at the track.

Crawford
02-20-2004, 03:15 PM
This is gonna be good. I have a buddy of mine with an 03 cobra that wants to run me. Thinks he can win. He has a K&N filter and mufflers. If so I should be able to take em. We made a deal where we would run once on street tires then I would bolt on the slicks. He will be on street tires the whole time. Last time I ran at the track I ran a 12.42 on the slicks, if I can keep the street tires stuck then I should have a pair of wins against him tonight. He and I have been talking **** about this race for a loooong time. Tonight is the night!

L1nt2B
02-20-2004, 03:33 PM
WoooHoo! Im ready to go :nana2

03'svtlight
02-20-2004, 03:48 PM
WoooHoo! Im ready to go :nana2
:nana2 :banana: :nana2 :banana:

03'svtlight
02-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Alright Tim....it's good to see your going.

Now we need Doug to show and we will have pics at the track.
yep C'mon Doug :D :beer:

StormShadow
02-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Your goin DOWN TRAI!!!!! :nana2 Uh I mean ICE CUBE! :D

Crawford
02-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Everyone remember to bring your FRS radios and tune to channel 5 code 4.

03'svtlight
02-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Your goin DOWN TRAI!!!!! :nana2 Uh I mean ICE CUBE! :D
Battle of the Dark Shadow Grey's :beer: "Clash of the Titans" :throw:

L1nt2B
02-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Had lots of fun last night!...Not too proud of the numbers I was running but I think everyone was in the same boat as far as that goes...We need to plan a trip out to the new track out bt Tyler

Crawford
02-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes it was fun guys. I have not been to Ennis to race in over 2 years... now I remember why. Got there at 5:30 and by 9:30 I only had two passes. That place was ungodly crowded. When we were leaving at 9:30 the line of cars was practically wrapped arround the place. I was not too impressed with my times either. I am ready for a Hallsville trip!

jcblack
02-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Yes it was fun guys. I have not been to Ennis to race in over 2 years... now I remember why. Got there at 5:30 and by 9:30 I only had two passes. That place was ungodly crowded. When we were leaving at 9:30 the line of cars was practically wrapped arround the place. I was not too impressed with my times either. I am ready for a Hallsville trip!
It was good to meet you. Sorry if I acted like a prick when I got out of the truck. I get so many mixed comments when I introduce myself to some lightning owners. Some of them are just dicks. I try not to put myself in that position. But when I saw you hanging out with Tom, I knew that you couldn't be that bad.

03'svtlight
02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Had lots of fun last night!...Not too proud of the numbers I was running but I think everyone was in the same boat as far as that goes...We need to plan a trip out to the new track out bt Tyler
Yep Tim that was a blast! Sorry I had to bust ya up the way I did but you had thu juice on so I took a shot at thu tree. After further review of our side by side stats, I murdered ya out the hole (.103 to .605). :nono: Thats a half a second bro. Thats why my .95 beat your .83. :nana2 Fun nonetheless. Pleased to meet Rocks, Tom, and Sayle. We are gonna have to do that more often. Maybe at a track thats less crowded. Having Terry out there was very entertaining (the guy is nuts). :cool:

L1nt2B
02-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Yep I goofed, I thought I had red lighted so I let off the gas just as the light turned green

03'svtlight
02-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Yep I goofed, I thought I had red lighted so I let off the gas just as the light turned green
:nana2 :evil Anyway it was nice meetin' ya bro. :cool:

Crawford
02-21-2004, 07:11 PM
It was good to meet you. Sorry if I acted like a prick when I got out of the truck. I get so many mixed comments when I introduce myself to some lightning owners. Some of them are just dicks. I try not to put myself in that position. But when I saw you hanging out with Tom, I knew that you couldn't be that bad.
Good to meet ya too man. I didnt think you were a prick at all. I try to be one of the nice Lightning owners. :D :beer:

tliss
02-21-2004, 08:48 PM
I had a blast as well. It's good to get out with the guys every once in a while.

Trai, it was good meeting you!knana

Tom

Band
02-21-2004, 09:13 PM
I agree Ennis is not my fav strip, but it was great to meet a few peeps!

BossShinoda
02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Your right, xnay the 305s, oyah the wrinckles!:evil
I was in the right lanes with radials and never had a problem :tu:

BTW y'all made me feel slow, I didn't see one other Lightning running 13s :(

soon... :D

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 03:02 AM

That was way more crowded than normal. I had not realized that they had an event set up for Sat. and Sun. By the time I new it...I was there and it was too late...LOL.

As far as your times go....You would not have been happy at Hallsville Sat either. The temps and conditions of the air mimicked Friday night. Those of us that went to Hallsville ran about the same times as we did at Ennis. I believe the "Hallsville Mod" is connected more with the fact that when most go out there, it is the cooler part of the year when we can't get Ennis to open. I have never been able to run at Ennis in 45 degree air like I have at Hallsville.

You may be in for a disapointment if you hit Hallsville on a 70 degree day.

Silver_2000
02-24-2004, 09:03 AM
. I have never been able to run at Ennis in 45 degree air like I have at Hallsville.

You may be in for a disapointment if you hit Hallsville on a 70 degree day.
The other difference USED To be that the track was prepped well. That seems to have stopped as well....

02BOLT
02-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Wes (the guy with the Twin Turbo ZO6), said he spoke with a gentleman that had a weather station with him out at Hallsville on Saturday. The DA(Density Altitude), was around 1000' ABOVE sea level:eek2: at 2:00 in the afternoon. Which is not so too very sharp for optimal HP. It's only gonna get worse though.:(

All in all, however I cannot complain, as I set and reset my PB some 6 times over the winter.:D

Later,
Rob

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:22 AM
The other difference USED To be that the track was prepped well. That seems to have stopped as well....

Hey Rob....i need you to hop over to F150online. There is a question for you on the Kenne Bellvs Apten thread over there.

Thanks,

Rocks