PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever gone back and....

03LightningRocks
02-16-2004, 01:27 PM
read some of the posts you made when you first arrived at this sight?

I just read some of mine.....I think I have gotten grumpier over the past year:eek: .

I promise to try and be nicer.....at least for a few weeks:evil .

Rocks:beer:

Sixpipes
02-16-2004, 09:41 PM
read some of the posts you made when you first arrived at this sight?

I just read some of mine.....I think I have gotten grumpier over the past year:eek: .

I promise to try and be nicer.....at least for a few weeks:evil .

Rocks:beer:
Day 1....... You are doing fine so far. You're probably grumpier because you know more stuff than you did when you first arrived. I have not gotten any grumpier because I have learned nothing. :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Day 1....... You are doing fine so far.

Yeah, day 1...they say the first day is the toughest:d ....

Rocks

L8 APEX
02-16-2004, 10:40 PM
I think my first post here was about how much the NLOC site sucked:beer:

my2002lightning
02-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Ron,

Now that you mention it, I went back and found my first TALON post. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2177&page=1&pp=15

I've been a LONG-TIME TALON "lurquer" from '99 and remember the days when Doug/Dennis first fired-up TALON and Nathan's 140~ fly-by vid. That was crazy! :eek2:

I remember summer of '99 in Tulsa, a neighbor of mine had JUST bought a red '99 L, I got to talking to him (I remember his name as Charlie - an older guy who was a home-builder) and said let's go for a ride. He handed me the keys and away we went. I didn't gas-on-it too hard, but I was hooked!:tu:

All this and riding shot-gun with Stan/Ruslow a couple of times at Hallet... and I KNEW I was getting an L... it was just a matter of where and when.

This all seems like yesterday... I have NO regrets buying the L.

Ronald

03LightningRocks
02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Ron,

Now that you mention it, I went back and found my first TALON post. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2177&page=1&pp=15

I've been a LONG-TIME TALON "lurquer" from '99 and remember the days when Doug/Dennis first fired-up TALON and Nathan's 140~ fly-by vid. That was crazy! :eek2:

I remember summer of '99 in Tulsa, a neighbor of mine had JUST bought a red '99 L, I got to talking to him (I remember his name as Charlie - an older guy who was a home-builder) and said let's go for a ride. He handed me the keys and away we went. I didn't gas-on-it too hard, but I was hooked!:tu:

All this and riding shot-gun with Stan/Ruslow a couple of times at Hallet... and I KNEW I was getting an L... it was just a matter of where and when.

This all seems like yesterday... I have NO regrets buying the L.

Ronald

Now ya see Dennis...just when I think I am going to make the day...along comes Ronald with another one of his "name dropper" posts.

I tried...but it is just damned hard sometimes....:eek2:

Rocks:nono:

L8 APEX
02-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Don't hate the legend, hate the name dropper:throw:

my2002lightning
02-16-2004, 11:19 PM
I guess I didn't read the note you school-girls were passing around in class about "name dropping". :rolleyes: :D

It's just L-experiences / reference-points at different points in time since I've really wanted a L.

I think some people are reading too much into my posts.

Ronald

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 12:19 AM
I guess I didn't read the note you school-girls were passing around in class about "name dropping". :rolleyes: :D

It's just L-experiences / reference-points at different points in time since I've really wanted a L.

I think some people are reading too much into my posts.

Ronald

Sorry Ronald, I was just teasing with you.....:beer: . You just happened to be the first person on this thread to post any material I could work with:d .

Now the bit about the note was funny.

Now...I am back to being nice again. I may be jonesing(sp?).

Rocks

my2002lightning
02-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Sorry Ronald, I was just teasing with you.....:beer: . You just happened to be the first person on this thread to post any material I could work with:d .

Now the bit about the note was funny.

Now...I am back to being nice again. I may be jonesing(sp?).

RocksRon,

I'm not upset, at all. We're good! I know you're joking-around.:tu:

I'm going through a "catharsis" of sorts, I think. We did the math and I'll be 52 when our first-born graduates HS. if we started next year.

Junior isn't getting the L, that's for sure! :D

Ronald

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Ron,

I'm not upset, at all. We're good! I know you're joking-around.:tu:

I'm going through a "catharsis" of sorts, I think. We did the math and I'll be 52 when our first-born graduates HS. if we started next year.

Junior isn't getting the L, that's for sure! :D

Ronald
I am 42 and my youngest is 19. It was tough having kids so young, but it was also easier because of the ignorance of young parents. We where too darned inexperienced to know what we getting into. By the time we started to figure it out....we were done...:banana: .

Oh crap...I am 43 now...LOL. Time flies when your ....SINGLE:d :d :d .

Now quick Ronald....pack all your crap and run like hell. It is still not to late:eek2: .

Rocks

L8 APEX
02-17-2004, 07:29 AM
RonaldPromise. No kids! promise:eek2: :hammer: :D

02BOLT
02-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Terry, you have got to do someting else with that damn avatar!:vomit:

:d

StormShadow
02-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Terry, you have got to do someting else with that damn avatar!:vomit:

:d
Yea Terry, its borderline GAY! :throw:

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Yea Terry, its borderline GAY! :throw:

I thought he was celebrating Ronalds marriage.

Rocks

StormShadow
02-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Ron, speaking of the wedding, we should scout out a few ( o Y o ) bars in arlington so we can give positive feedback to help them plan for the bachelor party.

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Ron, speaking of the wedding, we should scout out a few ( o Y o ) bars in arlington so we can give positive feedback to help them plan for the bachelor party.

Hmmmmm, you may have something there. :d

02BOLT
02-17-2004, 11:12 PM
I thought he was celebrating Ronalds marriage.

Rocks

:rll:

my2002lightning
02-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Well,

As far as input into the (*Y*) bars here in DFW, when I lived in Plano in '98/'99, my cousins came down and we went to The Men's Club - over near Pappa's as I remember.

The upstairs VIP room ROCKS - it did then anyway. Classy joint and good times! :banana:

We might have to all hook-up this weekend and recon it! Thoughts? :D

Ronald

03LightningRocks
02-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Well,

As far as input into the (*Y*) bars here in DFW, when I lived in Plano in '98/'99, my cousins came down and we went to The Men's Club - over near Pappa's as I remember.

The upstairs VIP room ROCKS - it did then anyway. Classy joint and good times! :banana:

We might have to all hook-up this weekend and recon it! Thoughts? :D

Ronald

Arlington Clubs are....well...uh....Let's just say they leave less to the imagination:evil

L8 APEX
02-17-2004, 11:49 PM
I heard the snatch hating Laura Miller passed the 6' and no touching law ordinance in Dallas clubs. I thought Arlington had one before that? Where can we go to get our money's worth:banana:

Silver_2000
02-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Ronald
For a little history lesson.
SVTLightnings.com was started in Mid 2000 or so. After I bought my Truck in Feb 2000

We originally were meeting based on threads on F150Online then Dennis requested and recieved a Section on NLOC for TALON and After the NLOC server issues the guys started talking about setting up our own forum.

The Group picture 2 years ago was really a decent milestone in TALON history because the NLOC forums went down for a week the week before the last TALON Group Picture.

We transitioned from having the busiest local section on NLOC to our own forum back then. 3-22-02 was the first post in this Forum version. We had a temp forum for a month or so prior to the transition to the paid software.

The NAME TALON was thunk up about the same time frame.... Logan came up with the LOGO.

And that closes the history lesson...

Doug

Statistics today
Threads: 4,317, Posts: 36,403, Members: 497

my2002lightning
02-18-2004, 12:32 AM
I heard the snatch hating Laura Miller passed the 6' and no touching law ordinance in Dallas clubs. I thought Arlington had one before that? Where can we go to get our money's worth:banana:
So many choices! http://www.stripclublist.com/y.asp?s=TX :tu:

I tried drilling down to just DFW, but the site doesn't seem to have that capability.

Ronald

my2002lightning
02-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Ronald
SVTLightnings.com was started in Mid 2000 or so. After I bought my Truck in Feb 2000

We originally were meeting based on threads on F150Online then Dennis requested and recieved a Section on NLOC for TALON and After the NLOC server issues the guys started talking about setting up our own forum.

The Group picture 2 years ago was really a decent milestone in TALON history because the NLOC forums went down for a week the week before the last TALON Group Picture.

We transitioned from having the busiest local section on NLOC to our own forum back then. 3-22-02 was the first post in this Forum version. We had a temp forum for a month or so prior to the transition to the paid software.

The NAME TALON was thunk up about the same time frame.... Logan came up with the LOGO.

Doug

Statistics today
Threads: 4,317, Posts: 36,403, Members: 497
Doug,

Thanks for the historical perspective and all, seriously! :tu: You can't leave! Who'll be our "TALON Daddy" then?

Good job and keep it up,

Ronald

blueoval01
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Ronald

Doug

Statistics today
Threads: 4,317, Posts: 36,403, Members: 497 Ahhhhhhhhh, the good 'ol days .......
I remember a few threads that I got :throw: on, but that was then.

Better times ahead ........:banana: