PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm/ remote start

PoorSvtman
02-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Ok guys who here has an aftermarket alarm with remote start? Im looking into doing this sometime soon. What brands do you all recomend etc. Id like to have a remote start.

Im looking for Prices, install hard/easy, etc.

I hav found a few on ebay that are priced nice but not sure if they are any good.

SILVER2000SVT
02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I've been professionally installing alarms for many years. I run an Ungo alarm, with DEI remote start and power window modules. I got the Ungo for the features that most alarms don't have, but it isn't reliable as a DEI. I was really impressed with the new Clifford RS3 I installed about 1 year ago in a buddy of mines truck. It had some useful features like a 2 way remote, but also had the reliability of the traditional DEI remote start design. One of the things you look for is that it uses external relays and not ones built into the main module. This makes it a little more bulky and more wiring involved, but it's the only way to get a reliable one

This type of install is not for the amature. I would say if you went to a professional stereo shop like car toys or something less than 25% of their professional installers could or are qualified to install an alarm with remote start. Most of these places won't even sell you the alarms without installation. My friend bought his online and had me install it on the weekend. By the way, I'm not looking for work, I hate intalling these things, but I can probably point you to somebody that might.

STAY WITH A RELIABLE BRAND LIKE ONE OF THESE!!!

http://www.directed.com/

L8 APEX
02-21-2004, 12:27 AM
I would buy the Ford Gold series it is about 250 or so wholesale. It is designed to interface with the RAP module which is the stock entry and theft system.